My First Flashlight Mod, The D.B

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemnh37

Mar 30, 2010
Salem NH
This is my first flashlight mod, i was looking at upgrading my ego and wanted to see what the difference was with 5v, So i started off last week and made a 3xAA 5v mod box which was a vast improvement to my standard ego but i was looking for something that i could use a 18650 battery for 3.7v and 2 RCR123A batteries for a 6v mod, i looked around for a flashlight and finally came up with this which cost me just under $5 for the flashlight so i purchased 2 of them and came up with my first flashlight mod.

I am using a 510 cart with a drip tip and i could not be happier it looks great, feels great and produces all the vapor i want I have called it The D.B.

DB3.jpg DB4.jpg DB1.jpg DB2.jpg
pencil.png

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I can't find suitable flashlights anywhere. They all are like maglites where you have to twist the head to turn it on. Has anybody used this type?

I don't know exactly what your needs are but these very common lights available all over, with a quarter (25¢), or washer (7/8" fender) as a top piece, a connector, a switch and an 18500 (~1600mAh) battery are quite easy to make and work well. The finished product packs quite a punch, lasts long and is surprising small and light weight.

3-1/2" Nine LED Flashlights, 2 Pack

image_3730.jpg

Want to use an 18650? Look here.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/138319-i-built-18650-mod.html#post2194742

I don't know exactly what your needs are but these very common lights available all over, with a quarter (25¢), or washer (7/8" fender) as a top piece, a connector, a switch and an 18500 (~1600mAh) battery are quite easy to make and work well. The finished product packs quite a punch, lasts long and is surprising small and light weight.

3-1/2" Nine LED Flashlights, 2 Pack

image_3730.jpg

Want to use an 18650? Look here.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/138319-i-built-18650-mod.html#post2194742

Ha ha funny, When i bought the flashlight for my 18650 thread, i also bought that exact flashlight in this OP, didnt think of buying 2 and using both bottom caps, thats a great idea! I'm gonna have to steal that one, although I'm working on making it variable voltage! Can;t wait! great job on the OP, glad i can see a finished product of what it's gonna look like without having built mine yet! I like where you put the LED too!

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
well, i tried putting my endcap on the top this morning, its a no go, my threads are different, just barely, and it won't go, darn it! I guess its not the same flashlight, it looks exactly the same.........where did you buy yours?
Why does it have to thread on properly? FL mods usually don't have removable tops. Do yours?

Scrape, file, whatever it takes to get it jammed on and in place. :)

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
The flashlight he's using is significantly larger than the 9LEd flashlights many people use. I too am curious as to where you found it.
It's about 5" long and the build quality is better than most. It also has a red laser with good range and OK focus.

They have it in a 2 pack at HomeDepot, with a 4" one (no laser) for $4.88. So you will have 2 end caps. The ones like VV Vapster's are 4" for $1.88 each.

Don't expect to just slide in an 18650, some adjustments need to be made.

Last edited:

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What is the atty connector seated in? Was that part of the flashlight or did you make it?

salemnh37,
The atty/battery connector, what did you use to keep it from spinning when you screw in the atty? did you epoxy it in. I bought several connectors from Madvapes and I thought there would be a threaded base with a lock nut or something. Just a smooth rounded base on the 3 styles I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread