My first mod using a 6v lantern battery, a mini led flashlight and rca connectors and cable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jherek

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Missouri
Has anyone tried this? If this really works I'll be making a trip to walmart soon. lol:D

That video is a hoax. 6 volt lantern batteries usually contain 4 D, or 4 F sized cells (same diameter as a D, but longer). Their mah capacities range from 10,000 (cheapie carbon-zinc) up to 26,000 for alkaline. They also make double wide lantern batteries that have up to 52,000 mah.

I'd guess, though, that because of the relatively high internal resistance of these kind of cells, when used for a PV, the usable amount of capacity would be much less. I'd figure on a carbon-zinc lantern battery giving power for about 3 to 5 days of moderate to heavy vaping, twice that for alkaline.

On the other hand, a mod using 3 or 4 D sized NIMH cells (much better for high current use, like powering a PV), would last a good week's moderate to heavy vaping, before needing to be charged again. And with their huge capacity, they would delivery very steady current, even for long drags.

I've been considering building such a beast.

invisiblewardog

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia, USA
A hefty paper clip works too...twist it around the spring and you can swivel the atty into the other.

I happen to have a battery here...why? Who knows...but here's another "if you are in a pinch" pic

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread