The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

My first post

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by macpeace, Oct 31, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. macpeace

macpeace Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2013
    OK • SOONER
    Hi everyone. So I have completely quit tobacco and been vaping for 3 years. My main vice was pipe smoking and Skoal. I enjoy vaping and that's why I joined here. Still have the occasional cigar, but that doesn't count really does it? Hoping to learn a lot here and maybe make some buddies as well.
    :toast:

2. Jay Swigga

Jay Swigga Full Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Clementon, NJ
    Congrats!!! I'm in the same boat! Been lurking here for months but just finally registered (tonight lol). I was addicted to black -n- mild cigars for seven years, I was smoking two packs a day. That equals out to about $300 monthly, not to mention I was killing myself slowly. I finally woke up earlier this year and bought one of those disposable "hookas". That led me to my first ego starter kit, the kind with the atomizer and 1ml cartridges. From there there was no looking back! 7 clearomizers and several cartomizers later, and as of today strictly using carto tanks (love at first vape), I've never been happier and don't even remotely crave a cigar now. The smell actually nauseates me now. I feel so much healthier, I'm no longer winded, it feels great to take healthy deep breaths (or should I say VAPES!).

Much happiness to you, you made the right move! :2cool:

3. nova_did_it

nova_did_it Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Glendale, AZ, USA
    Welcome! Glad you found us. We don't berate ourselves here about if we decide to smoke or not. I think most everyone here is a glass half full crowd. You know... Oh Look at how many we didn't smoke today! So enjoy yourself, I know you will meet a bunch of great people :D

4. meanckz

meanckz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 18, 2013
    Greer, SC
    welcome to ECF to both Jay and mac ....and what nova said :lol:

5. danca90

danca90 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Hey man, don't worry about an occasional cigar. Vaping is really about enjoying life more. Enjoy the smells again guys!

6. Camaroboi13

Camaroboi13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm in the same boat as you guys...just joined today as well! I can proudly say I'm 77 days free and loving it, and even with all the vaping toys I've purchased recently, I'm still saving money...crazy how that works haha. Enjoy the site guys, I am sure I will too!

7. nova_did_it

Sep 15, 2013
    Glendale, AZ, USA
    Welcome to you as well Camaroboi13 :D Glad you found us too!

8. Camaroboi13

Camaroboi13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the welcome nova, I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of me around here scratching my head trying to figure out what the heck I'm doing all the time!

9. nova_did_it

Sep 15, 2013
    Glendale, AZ, USA
    Ohh you will be fine! If I could figure it out so can you! When I first got here.. I thought 'ohms' meant meditating. :facepalm: I admit I wasn't the brightest cookie in the jar that day. :D

10. CrimsonDalek

CrimsonDalek Full Member

Oct 28, 2013
    wv
    Welcome to the forum, I'm new to the vaping world myself. only been vaping for about 2 months. I too like an occasional cigar.

11. six6gate

six6gate Full Member Verified Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Local
    Hi guys, same here. Just that I'm still waiting for my kit to arrive, can't wait to switch to vaping. Its very contradicting that every time we light up we know that we are killing ourselves slowly, but yet when the urge comes, we just keep doing it...

12. Anjaffm

Anjaffm Dragon Lady ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2013
    Germany
    Hi and welcome,

wow, 3 years! Congratulations! :)
    And never mind an occasional cigar ;)

13. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2013
    Scranton, Pa USA
    Welcome aboard and congrats on quitting!!! :vapor:

14. Jay Swigga

Jay Swigga Full Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Clementon, NJ
    I feel the same way! Nothing is more fun than "Vape Mail"!!! I get crazy, tracking packages and tapping my feet looking out the window for the mailman, lol! Finally at a happy point where all I'm spending money on is cartos or coils, and maybe a battery every few months. And juice of course e-juice, DIYing my own juice is my next adventure. My pockets are happy compared to what I spent on analogs! Vape on folks, thanks for the warm welcome too.

15. Jay Swigga

Jay Swigga Full Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Clementon, NJ
    Hey Mark, Scranton Pa in the house!!! I used to DJ a club out there not too long ago, good times!

16. Hahaha I hear you on the mail craze. I've spent nearly $500 on ecig "stuff" since I started ~4 months ago, but I still feel like I'm saving money because most of the stuff is durable and I don't feel like I'm flushing $6 down the drain every day. I just got an evic tonight, but due to an unfortunate vaping experience (see my other first post on here), I have yet to get the chance to enjoy it.

17. ShariR

ShariR Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Welcome, all of you, to ECF. Isn't it wonderful to be free of smoking? Glad you found us. Lots of reading and exploring to do here in the different forums. I am sure you will find something to interest you and spend your money on. Lots of people find this to be a great hobby. Enjoy yourselves.

18. kella

kella Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Springfield, mo
    Welcome! Was a lurker for over a year before I joined to show off a silly mod I built. Now I'm addicted to this forum!

19. khaled.qubaia

khaled.qubaia Full Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Irvine , CA , USA
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I joined ECF recently to benefit from the experience Ecig gurus , I find it useful and informative. I quit regular smoking 1 year ago , and since that time I'm enjoying vaping :vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.