New member + Opinions on my first vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7v7nqh

Apr 2, 2013
Sunny Island
Hi guys,

I have been lurking around the forum for a bit but today I've decided to create an account. I was introduced to vaping a while back but now I'm trying to cut down on analogs and quit it completely in the long run. I am a regular smoker and average 3 -4 packs a week. On some days I even go 1 pack a day.

For the past couple of days I have been scouring the internet for reviews and information on buying my first vape, and I have ultimately decided on the Vamo + Vivi Nova combo. I initially wanted the joyetech eVic but decided on the former because it's cheaper and I don't really need the gimmicks (puff count, usb data transfer etc.)

Any thoughts on these? Looking forward to learning new stuff from everybody here :)

RCWorth

Mar 30, 2013
Greenville SC
Im super new too. and I love my current setup, SLB ego V V2. with a VIVI nova. I may get shunned for this, but why is it everytime somebody says they are going to get something other than a Provari, they get hammered and told to go buy one. this guy is just starting out. the vape is not that much different and its 75% less money. give him a break, and encourage him.

get the VAMO. I have not heard any complaints. the guys here in my town all say its well worth the 50 bucks or so. dont let people make you feel bad because you dont want to spend 200 bucks on a battery.

forg1vn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Im super new too. and I love my current setup, SLB ego V V2. with a VIVI nova. I may get shunned for this, but why is it everytime somebody says they are going to get something other than a Provari, they get hammered and told to go buy one. this guy is just starting out. the vape is not that much different and its 75% less money. give him a break, and encourage him.

get the VAMO. I have not heard any complaints. the guys here in my town all say its well worth the 50 bucks or so. dont let people make you feel bad because you dont want to spend 200 bucks on a battery.

i have a VAMO and a provari, i said the VAMO is great, but if he was considering an eVic, i'd shell out an extra $50 for a provari
no hammering here :p

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
I bought the Ego ce4, found a kit that came with 2 batteries (with voltage levels changable), 2 clearomizers, etc..

and I LOVE IT. I ordered vape juice from pink spot and the fruity flavors are amazing.. I've ordered DIY juice ingredients to start doing my own. From what I've read here, all the systems above seem to be good choices.

RCWorth

Mar 30, 2013
Greenville SC
i have a VAMO and a provari, i said the VAMO is great, but if he was considering an eVic, i'd shell out an extra $50 for a provari
no hammering here :p

cool man. I just think people that are new, need encouragement. not ( you should have bought a Provari) sure the Provari is great. but for those of us with families, and not a ton of extra dough, a Vamo or Ego or whatever is great. Just as long as you keep vaping, and not smoking. I get the feeling around here, ( I know im new but its pretty obvious) that people have an elitist mentality. I think that is the worst attitude in the world. be positive, and people will respect that more than your Provari or Cavaleri or Billy big dong Mod.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Hello and welcome to the ECF family. Regardless of what it is that you opt to use, the most important thing is that you have chosen to either cut down and/or totally quit smoking cigarettes. Nothing matters more than that.

Much luck to you on your new venture. I trust that you are productive and accomplish your goal.

s7v7nqh

Apr 2, 2013
Sunny Island
Thank you all for your constructive replies! Like some have mentioned, the Vamo is good enough for me at the moment and I feel it meets my needs like the ability to adjust voltage and such. Seems like the Vivi Nova has gotten good review too that's why I decided to go with this combo :)

I have not heard about the ego ce4 before. Is it VV? I gave it some thought and preferred to have a VV as my first as having the ability to adjust the voltage to suit my preference would be great.

At the moment, the best value for money PV I can afford is the Vamo. Who knows? Maybe in the future I'll get the Provari. But at the moment Vamo looks good to me ;)

s7v7nqh

Apr 2, 2013
Sunny Island
Hahaha the Zmax looks like a lightsaber from the picture. I don't really understand the batteries thing at the moment. What is the difference between the 18350 and the 18650? I've heard stuff about batteries not fitting the PV. Do they all have different sizes? I had the impression that the only difference between batteries is the capacity (mAh?).

What sort of batteries would you recommend for a Vamo? I would prefer a larger capacity one because I usually have long days outside with no access to a charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread