Aug 18, 2014
Washington
image.jpg there it is

Sweepea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2014
SE Florida
First, congrats and welcome! I am new to the Reo horde also...but man do I agree with what you're saying!

I've gone from no coil building for me so I don't want one of those....to omg this is awesomeeee and for now I can beg someone to make coils for me! Then head over to eyeball all the other Reo pics everyone has posted...lovely! Now let's go gawk at the last woodvil run pics....ahhhhh the wood lust begins!

Absolutely a stellar device and the people here are equally wonderful.

See ya around fellow reonaut!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
What happened to your profile picture? first we do away with the fat lady and now Sam is gone?

haha congrats on the Reo Twisted! We'll have to compare vapes very soon =]

Yeah, I am trying to clean up my act. Besides, all those "what's in your wallet" ads that Sam is in lately kinda put him in a different light for me. I liked him a lot better as Jules :)

And posting the fat lady was becoming like a job due to all the new REOs :)

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413775144.496438.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413775158.978223.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413775174.701800.jpg
Added a copper vein mini 2.1 with an atomic atty. I like a single coil around .7 ohms. Juice and battery get me through a work day. Anyone having any luck polishing a tarnished copper vein back to factory or at least not black? Thinking of using mcguires chrome polish and rinsing well after. Anyone know if the copper vein and silver vein is a painted coat or is it a metal treatment?

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
View attachment 382678 View attachment 382679 View attachment 382680
Added a copper vein mini 2.1 with an atomic atty. I like a single coil around .7 ohms. Juice and battery get me through a work day. Anyone having any luck polishing a tarnished copper vein back to factory or at least not black? Thinking of using mcguires chrome polish and rinsing well after. Anyone know if the copper vein and silver vein is a painted coat or is it a metal treatment?

No one has found anything that will restore a Copper or Silver Vein as of yet. I believe the copper/silver is embedded in the paint. The solution most use is to strip the paint and go back to TRA (Tumbled Raw Aluminum). If you find something that works please share.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I believe both of the veins are a paint coat. Sadly, the CV has proven impossible to restore once blackened. To preserve both of them in their current state, clearcoat is recommended.

Nice pair of reos, you have there, though. Love the little guy.

Since you have the option to, maybe try the atomic with dual coils on the grand, just to see what that's like. You can get a nice .5-ish ohm dual build with 28 gauge on the atomic that's very satisfying and not drastically different from your .7ohm standard (just more of what you like). The afc makes it a breeze to dial in the air right.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Well I tried the mcguires chrome polish with a magic eraser on the CV to no avail. Makes sense the metal flake being embedded in the paint not being able to be polished. I guess the fix would be to strip like Rainman suggested and recoat with hammer tone bronze spray. I'm not bothered enough to do this tho. I did however spray 4 coats of lacquer on my SV grand. I'm just coating the body and leaving the door "natural". I guess the mini is just black that glimmers copper in the sun, blackened copper vein.
As far as switching atomic to grand, I tried that already and for whatever reason the 510 on the atomic is not threaded the same as the grand. Put it on, was too tight, took it off and now the igo is tight on the grand, so much that I really had to crank on it back and forth to get it to seat properly again. Now I'm scared to try it again. But I have a buncha top caps for the igo to give me different hole diameters, single or dual air hole setup options to get it dialed in. I definitely like the looks of the atomic better but with the slightly larger deck on the igo, it makes it a bit easier for dual coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread