My first tank, recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyDream

Feb 11, 2012
United States
Got a lavatube (knock off, but almost identical) and the atomizer they gave me is cheap ..... Burnt taste will not go away, no matter what I do. So now I want a tank so I can just pick it up and leave. And because they look so cool... I want to be able to vape at high voltages so I can get a lot of vapor and I don't want to have to perform a lot of maintenance since it is my first tank. How about this one?

Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer

Looks good to me. BUT, read the description. Says 3ohm (2 6ohm coild) shouldn't the 6 and the 3 be switched? If its dual coil does that mean you double the voltage? Also, which would fit flush with my lavatube, 3.5ml or 6ml tank?:p

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
the reviews suck saying it floods a lot and leaks, and it also looks very cheap...

I haven't seen negative reviews, but I'd like to see links if you have any.

The suggestion I gave was based on personal experience. I own a Valley View Vapes polypro tank and haven't had any leaking problems at all. The only had floods I had were with NET juices, which aren't the best idea for carto/tanks. As for the looks, that's subjective.

Edit: Here's a detailed review that highly recommends the VVV polypro tank

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-reviews/303526-valley-view-vapes-polypro-tanks.html

Last edited:

chrisromano590

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2012
blackwood nj
i suggest a vivi nova. check out gotvapes.com these are a little easier to use than dual coil tanks. no need to punch or slot cartos. plus its inexpensive to run. you just have to buy replaceable heads for around 3 dollars. not to mention the starter kit has 3 different head with different ohm ratings so you can find your favorite. to fill you just unscrew the top and fill. i use mine on my chrome lavatube and i need to use a small tank ring made for ego devices to cover the threads for a small tank, because it seams not to get any air flow, so the ring sits it up a little bit. if you have a standard plastic one you should be fine.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
the reviews suck saying it floods a lot and leaks, and it also looks very cheap...

I almost exclusively use the polypro and the sidewinder glass tanks from Valley View Vapes and don't have a problem with leaking. I've tried clearomizers including the vivi nova and they all have problems with leaks. I've been using them for months now and they're my reliable "go to" delivery system.

Ray will even test and punch the cartos for $1. Have not had a doa carto!

sllanham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
Martinsburg,Wv
I can't speak to what would fit flush with your lavatube. My first tank was a smoktech pro DCT. I use a bolt at 3.7v so I use 1.7ohm single coil cartomizers with it. The same tank would work on your lavatube but you would probably want a 3ohm cartomizer for higher voltage vaping. It's not the best tank in the world but I haven't had any issues with mine. It does what it's supposed to. It doesn't leak, holds approx 6ml of liquid and vapes decent on my device. Also it's relatively cheap. Hope this helps a little.

rik701

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
The numbers are right when you run the circuit in parallel it halves the total resistance. I would also recommend the Vivi Novas or the CE2 changeable coil clearomizers. As they have replaceable coil heads or can be rebuilt if you feel like it.i also use a smoktech DCT and its ok but i like the vivi's better. The CC Stardusts are good also. Just my $.02.

FrostyDream

Feb 11, 2012
United States
by reviews i meant comments below, people saying crap things about it lol for looks i just want it to be just as big around as my vtube, thats all that really matters to me but i do think the one i posted looks better and people said it works well. i also want a tank i can vape at 6v with, but be able to turn it down some for flavor cuz i just want the high voltage to show my friends and do tricks.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
by reviews i meant comments below, people saying crap things about it lol for looks i just want it to be just as big around as my vtube, thats all that really matters to me but i do think the one i posted looks better and people said it works well. i also want a tank i can vape at 6v with, but be able to turn it down some for flavor cuz i just want the high voltage to show my friends and do tricks.

DCT's work fine. You just have to be careful when inserting the cartos not to cut the o-rings, but that's true with any tank. Get yourself an inexpensive tank filler tool to make it easier to insert cartos and refilling. Stick with single coil 3ohm cartos and you'll be good to go with what you want to do.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv

The jumbo polypro tanks have the same circumference as a vtube.

The one you posted is a polycarbonate tank, which can be problematic with certain flavors of juices. Polypro is in the same price range and much more versatile should you want to experiment with juices.

If you're really concerned about looks so much then I suggest saving up for a glass tank.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Buy a pyrex tank, its worth the extra money not having to worry about it leeching into your juices or cracking.

Would you rather have your favorite mixed drink out of a plastic cup or a glass? Theres a reason why wine and beer is sold in glass bottles more often than not and thats flavor.

windozehater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Nebraska
I've been using the Boge F16 tank on my lava tube for a while, huge flavor and vapor, its prepunched 2-holes, flanged just like the smokteks and low resistance, did i mention the flavor also it really mizers the juice. these things stoped my clearomizer obsession. had bad luck with the smoktek tanks so i went the clearo way. the f16's are around $6 and there is free shipping at vaporbeast (where i got mine) even you dont like boge cartos it will take a S.T. and its still a cheap tank.
http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/c31.htm

SteveD3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Valley View Vapes has great tanks. I have five of these (Triple V Jumbo - 5ml Tank) and they work great. Spend the extra $1 for the pre-punching and testing. It's worth it.

If you want DCT Tanks, shop around, as you can get decent ones for 7-9.00 a pop. Though, as others have told you, there are plenty of options out there. I learned by testing several, and stuck with the ones that were a best fit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread