My first TC mod box what should I buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I picked up the Cube X II about two weeks ago. It does a mighty fine job at TC, the only down side that I have seen so far that because it is new there are a few bug fixes and not quite complete. It on the other had is a great vape with Kanthal, and the ability it has going to 160 watts is great because there is some sort of intelligent hardware built in that if you are trying to vape at too high of wattage it will not let you go too high. You can set it at 160 and say you are running a Clapton build that can't handle it it will not kick you off the setting but it will only go as high as 130 watts. I know this because it happened to me.
What issues have you had mate?

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
there is some sort of intelligent hardware built in that if you are trying to vape at too high of wattage it will not let you go too high
That's because your build is drawing more power than what the batteries can put out. Check ohm's law against your resistance and wattage. If it's more volts than what the batteries can produce, the mod knows that and won't let you turn it up that high.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
How often has this happened and is there a fix as this is the only issue I have read about these devices
I have had it happen a couple times. When it happens the taste of the vapes is a bit warmer than when in TC mode. I usually vape my herakles in power mode at 35 watts so there is no danger when it happens. This is mentioned by other owners of the eVic. There is no fix for it as the micro usb port is a power port only and can not be updated to a data port for firmware updates.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
That's because your build is drawing more power than what the batteries can put out. Check ohm's law against your resistance and wattage. If it's more volts than what the batteries can produce, the mod knows that and won't let you turn it up that high.

Not quite. A 3.7v single battery Mod can produce over 7v of power. That is BOOST the mod regulates Max Boost and Amperage allowed.

Reactions: Hitcat44

mario23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
south fla
Personally, I'm not impressed with TC. And about half the folks I've seen on here that have tried it feel the same way. The folks that like it seem to love it though. My advice would be to find a device that has all the other zoom-zooms and wham-whams you are looking for and consider TC as an extra perk for you to play around with. Then, if you end up not liking TC, at least you will have a mod you still actually like. :2c:

I would have agreed with you not long ago but tc devices have improved vastly since the dna40! I have the snow wolf, ipv3 LIVR and the ipd2. They all work really great and I now only vape in tc. So much stronger and steady temp compared to earlier devices. I'd recommend all these for tc. I would also say that though the dna200 looks to be the ultimate, I'd wait for release and product availability rather than spend too much now with all the newer available tc devices.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
tc devices have improved vastly since the dna40! I have the snow wolf, ipv3 LIVR and the ipd2.
I have the iPV4. It's not the chipset that I don't like. It's the reduced flavor, smaller clouds, tapering cloud volume, and difficult coiling medium. I do like being able to pick the temp to get the most out of a juice's flavor, but it's not enough to make TC a winner in my book.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Mainly because it's not appealing, maybe when I'm past the noobie stage I will buy batteries and a different mod as you know we all keep upgrading lol

The Sig 75 uses 1 18650 battery that is user replaceable. The device will charge the battery. So buying one Sig 75 and one Samsung 25R battery will get you going without buying anything else.

A tank I recommend for this is a 3 or 5ML Arctic tank and the NiCoils. I have this set up and it works really nicely. It is a good beginner set up. It is perfect at mid-power.

Sweet-vapes is a good site to check out.

Good luck
WP_20150821_001.jpg

Last edited:

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I can't understand why no one has recommended a Vaporshark DNA 40 yet.

If you do a google you can get DNA 40's for under £80 delivered and rDNA's for under £100. Personally I would get the rDNA (and did so just this week) as it has a replicable battery, but you can charge it in the unit via USB in about an hour and a half. I have been dead chuffed with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread