My health check results are in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
I quit smoking in 2012 and went 100% to vaping. My chest X-ray showed a region in my right lung damaged from my 30+ years from smoking.
Move to today 4 years later and my new chest X-ray shows this region has disappeared and has returned to normal. My doctor said that usually the damaged area would not change, but stopping smoking would just halt further damage. He was surprised that my lung actually healed itself and attributed it to the fact that vaping gave my lung the benefit of extra moisture that contributed to the healing. He was impressed and said this result makes him a advocate to the benefits of vaping.

Just thought I would share it here.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
What wonderful news! My husband and brother both quit smoking 10 years ago and they are both now on multiple inhalers for breathing problems that they never had while they smoked! I chose the vaping route and have had zero problems and feel so much better! I actually do think the extra moisture has helped!
Congrats on your check up!

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Two weeks ago my neurologist advised me to discontinue the medication he had prescribed for symptoms of Parkinson's Disease, as that particular medication can eventually cause kidney failure in the long term ...

But the real reason is that I have been controlling the symptoms (hand tremors and loss of balance) with vaping 24mg nicotine juices, and the doctor has observed this over a 2 1/2 year period. He is convinced, and might tentatively recommend vaping to another smoking patient with similar symptoms ...

I should add that my neurologist is in Mexico, and is not influenced by the AMA, he is an independent contractor with a Mexican health care insurance provider ...

My primary physician at the same clinic has noted significant improvement in my lung function since I stopped smoking and started vaping in 2013, and no negative side effects ...

Thanks to the OP for sharing this observation about the possibility of additional moisture in the lungs from vaping, and that it might facilitate healing. I will bring this up with my doctor in Mexico at my next appointment ... :thumbs:

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
That's great news! Congratulations!

Wishful thinking, but perhaps you can get him to testify to the powers that be?

How about sharing with us your vaping habits and history? Hardware, liquids, ml/day, nic concentration, PG/VG ratio, etc? I really am curious!
Nvm. Just noticed that OP is in China. Haven't heard of vape opposition there.

Jack H

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
Kunming, China
I am living in China. 63 years old. My doctor (Sunchai Singh) is in Bangkok (St Louis Hospital), where I go for any medical needs. Even when I lived in the US, I always travel to Thailand for medical things. Much better service, better technology and healthcare. Not to mention at least 60% cost difference. I also had a stress test done which concluded normal heart and lung function.

I currently vape an RTA, temp control mod. I DIY my own juice (45/55, 3mg nic). Just got in a Laisimo L1 to replace my Snowolf 200. I must say this is a right fine machine, big improvement over the SW 200. I use 18-25 ml of juice per day.

Thank you for your comments,

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I know there will be many more stories like this. I believe there are many beneficial side effects to vaping. I have experienced them. Congrats OP, I am so happy for you.

How many of you reading this have not had so much as a cold since you started vaping. I haven't, and I used to be good for at least two good ones per year.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Great to hear your story, Jack!

It makes me wonder how many great results like this there are for each negative story on vaping.

ETA: Jdurand.....my wife (non-smoker/non-vaper) and I were talking about that just the other day. In the almost 2 years of me vaping, neither of us has had a cold (knock on wood!).

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Great to hear your story, Jack!

It makes me wonder how many great results like this there are for each negative story on vaping.

ETA: Jdurand.....my wife (non-smoker/non-vaper) and I were talking about that just the other day. In the almost 2 years of me vaping, neither of us has had a cold (knock on wood!).

Hint: it's the PG

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Hint: it's the PG

I've read some articles about the "possible" benefits from PG, so I am attributing our health to that. But she still substitute teaches in two school systems exposing her to a plethora of sources and she claims her built up immunity after "a lifetime" in the classroom. I'm sticking with my explanation! :D:vapor:

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I know there will be many more stories like this. I believe there are many beneficial side effects to vaping. I have experienced them. Congrats OP, I am so happy for you.

How many of you reading this have not had so much as a cold since you started vaping. I haven't, and I used to be good for at least two good ones per year.
Only cold I have had is the monthly "Flu like symptoms" that keep me from going into work ;) shhhhh But seriously I have not been sick since I started vaping. When smoking, I would get an actual cold every so often. I think I may have picked something up from my 2 year old a couple of months ago, but it was gone in less than 24 hours.

Congrats on the good news @Jack H !!

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I've read some articles about the "possible" benefits from PG, so I am attributing our health to that. But she still substitute teaches in two school systems exposing her to a plethora of sources and she claims her built up immunity after "a lifetime" in the classroom. I'm sticking with my explanation! :D:vapor:

I'll bet you're both right. Her immunity built up over time with exposure to the rug rats and your immunity is due to the properties of PG.

Reactions: OlderNDirt

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Only cold I have had is the monthly "Flu like symptoms" that keep me from going into work ;) shhhhh But seriously I have not been sick since I started vaping. When smoking, I would get an actual cold every so often. I think I may have picked something up from my 2 year old a couple of months ago, but it was gone in less than 24 hours.

Congrats on the good news @Jack H !!
Haha, you sound like me, have to use my sick time somehow.

I use to get a pretty severe cold/flu at least once a year, typically followed by 2 to 3 weeks of coughing. I have had a cold a total of once in the last 3 1/2 years (since I started vaping) and there was no cough afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread