My Joye 510 tastes terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjameslynch

Apr 8, 2010
Hammond
Hi everyone, I just started using e-cigarettes recently, and based on information I read here in the forums decided to go with the Joye 510. I ordered the starter kit from ecig express, and some e-juice from litecigusa. The initial cartridges had this vague antiseptic taste to them, so I removed the cotton from two of them, dried it, and then filled them with my e-juice (silk cut and strawberry.) Despite all of that, they still taste terrible. Does anyone have any advice for what I can do to make them taste better?

-Brian

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
you'll need to blow out the packing liquid out of the atty. Just unscrew it and blow in to the end that the battery is connected to until you get some liquid out of there.

Actually you should blow into the end the the cart goes into.But hey if it works for you that's great.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
huh, i've always done it the other way around. Just like me to do things bass ackwards.:lol:

Well if you think about it, all the primer will settle on the bottom of the atty (where the bat threads are) so if you blow from the cart end it would be more effective.

Don't worry about it:D

Captor

Mar 27, 2010
Florida
My knowledge is, the 510 atomizers are primed with a liquid at the factory to protect the atty from getting damaged on that first use i guess, this liquid is the one that tastes really bad, what i do on a new atty like most people already said is blow thru it as hard as you can until you get most of the bad stuff out of it, but as a safety precaution, before i put the cartridge back on, i put 1-2 drops of juice right on the atty's wick (the small metalic mesh looking thing inside the atty on the 510) that fixes the bad taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread