My last day with analogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
Hello eveyone,

With today being the last day of 2008 and it being the day my e-cigs showed up I am starting out tomorrow with all intentions of being smoke free. What better New Year's resolution to choose right?

I have tried my DSE901b and I am extremely happy with it. It is exactly I thought it would be after watching ratindahat's reviews and reading member's posts here I feel like I have a really good head start on being alot healthier.

I have always had alot of upper respitory problems, then to make matters worse I started smoking. I really enjoy the act of smoking, however I have suffered 9 years from the effects. I have had countless upper respitory infections and boughts with bronchitus that have driven me crazy over the years. Now I have the means to possibly put that behind me and be able to enjoy my habit without the negative impact and hopefully live longer to see my grandchildren.

I really appreciate all the folks on here that take the time to write the reviews and help us newbies. You guys are really helping the community.

Thank you all again and sorry if I've been rambling. ;)

Tom

Smokin

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2008
UK
Good choice with the 901 Tom; should hold you in good stead; like yourself, I have chosen this time to stop.

With the help of all the great people on this forum who have gone before us, you stand a greater chance of success and I wish you all the luck in the world, can you imagine waking up without that awful cough and wheezing?

We can do it!

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
Good luck and just know that there are many of us out here who went through the same thing.... and now, are quite amazed at how easy it was to lay down the analogs, in fact, I enjoy the e-cig MORE than the analog...

And I don't think in 38 years of smoking, I ever ever made good friends and had tons of fun because of "smoking", no like now.... feel so much a part of an adventure, like a pioneer, and making good friends, "meeting" interesting people, and enjoying the ride !

Happy New Year to all our vaping friends !

Tallulah

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Chicago IL USA
I'm 10 days past my last analog cigarette after 30 years smoking a pack a day. Like GiantsFan and bwood12043, I'm enjoying it so much more than analogs. It did take a few weeks after I started vaping in mid-November to make the jump, finally fly out into digital-land and give up my 4 most important cigs of the day (first with coffee, after meals) but now I don't miss tobacco at all - especially when I encounter someone REEKING of the stench of it. UGH.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone trying this - and my thanks to many, many people on this forum for giving me some great info and supplier contacts!

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
So far so good. I have only had one time where I thought about picking up an analog. I have since decided that I hate carts though. I find drip smoking to be better and an easy way to keep track of my intake. 1-2 drops about one cig.

One thing my wife and I have discovered and I don't know if it has been covered is a break in period on the atomizer. I have been puffing away on mine for the last few days and it draws much easier than my wife's who just started using her's completely without analogs a day and a half ago. So much that she jacked mine and gave me her's.

So in a couple of days we will see if this one is dragging as well as my old one.

I have also been cleaning the atomizers with canned air and letting them drain overnight.

Eureka

Dec 4, 2008
Good luck guys. My last cigarette was Dec. 8th, mid-day when shipment of e-juice arrived. (Didn't like cartridges). 21 yrs of 1.5packs a day. First 3 days I used some low nicotine and more no-nicotine juice. From 4th day on I've been nicotine free, and only using e-cig a couple times a day with no-nic just from the habit of having something in my mouth I guess. A little hard first few days but overall easier than I expected. Glad to be free!

So far so good. I have only had one time where I thought about picking up an analog. I have since decided that I hate carts though. I find drip smoking to be better and an easy way to keep track of my intake. 1-2 drops about one cig.

One thing my wife and I have discovered and I don't know if it has been covered is a break in period on the atomizer. I have been puffing away on mine for the last few days and it draws much easier than my wife's who just started using her's completely without analogs a day and a half ago. So much that she jacked mine and gave me her's.

So in a couple of days we will see if this one is dragging as well as my old one.

I have also been cleaning the atomizers with canned air and letting them drain overnight.

Sometimes a certain atomizer will just perform amazingly well, everyone cherishes these superior ones and go into mourning when it finally passes :)

The quality control still isn't the best on these yet, some will never quite perform at 100% even after using them a while.

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
Well, today is a sad day indeed. A few minutes a go I saw a blue light and there it was gone... as my battery kicked itself on and I watched the atomizer glow and then go cold forever...

I checked to see if its clogged and no luck. I think the heating element just had a meltdown.

So here I sit without any vapor love...

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
No backups?? That's tough... sorry for you! :(

Yeah.. was a little tight on the cash after christmas and all and wanted to try it first before sinking in to deep. The wifey brought her's home thought tonight and said she's gonna let me use it till her e-liquid gets in cause she wants the nic. So I'm still good for now. Just hope nothing happens to this one. ~knocks on wood~

Keltrey

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Olney, Illinois
Well, I thought it was time for an update and a Hi! to everyone. I'm on my 4th atomizer now and I'm trying to decide if its time to change models. I'm still think penstyle will probably be my choice, however the M401 at Steve's Site(Puresmoker) is looking decent too.

Current E-liquid is a mix of Steve's French Vanilla and Bickford's Peach. It's not too bad. I think its time for something different though.

The wifey fell off the wagon though. It doesn't look like she's gonna quite. She still wants a Personal Vaporizer, but she was having a hard time giving up the analogues.

As for me, I'm still going strong. Not even a single though about wanting an analogue. I just had a bunch of blood work done on Wednesday and will have more done on Monday and will be interested if anything strange shows up.

To eveyone fighting the good fight, Keep up the good work. :)

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread