Status
Not open for further replies.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Guys,
I need help, I need to find someone who has the same charger as me and can help diagnose the issue. I have a Soshine S1 mix-II Li-ion Rapid Charger that charges everything. It is awesome. I unplugged it for about 2 days, after charging all my batteries and now that I plug it back in I get red and green alternating flashing. Not just on one terminal but on all four without any batteries hooked up. Soshine v3 Rapid 4-Channel 18650 Li-ion Battery Charger with LED indicate_Universal_Charger_Online Shopping Electronic Gadgets on Sale - Worldwide fast shipment - EwebWholesale.com states that the red to green flash means its not chargable but this is refering to a single bay (terminal) and not all four. What happened? All I did was unplug it!

Thank god I have Totally Wicked up the street, they can probably charge my batteries to get by for a little while. I'm on my last battery on my Provari and it is on 3.5v dipping fast! I am worrying guys! lol. I think that now because I cant vape I feel the need to vape. but now I know I need to make it last.

Anyone else have this charger and can explain what is happening? a quick fix? piece of metal making contact? I can solder fairly well by the way

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Two days ago I was having problems with Ubuntu. Ubuntu is a Linux based operating system. I would pull a window (any window) over to my far right monitor and try to maximize it. It would pretend to do so and then vanish and reappear on my far left monitor. Normally I would have just dinked around with it, but this was the day after the latest kernel release came out...so I thought maybe it had messed it up.

I spent an hour and a half messing with settings and turning things back to default. Do you know what I figured out? The window's size in window mode was larger than the resolution of the monitor, thus it wouldn't maximize because the OS thought it was going to cut something off.

Moral of this story: Could it be something silly like it doesn't like the outlet you have it plugged into? Is one of the connectors loose?

Try unplugging it for atleast 30 seconds, making sure that all the pluggy bits are snug, and then plug it back into a different outlet.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Oh are you running 10.10? Apparently they stopped support for it sometime last week.(EDIT: I thought you said last not latest :p) As for the windows, Xinerama is kinda a pain, you get it working only to discover many things arnt supported such as Compiz or having more panels on other screens and end up losing your windows and icons in deadspace XD.

I did try a different outlet as well as plugging it in a bit more snuggly. I will let it sit until tomorrow and see if draining all the power out of it might change something. (idk if there are capaciters in there but meh)

Last edited:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Just upgraded to 12.04 from 11.10, actually. I don't use Xinerama though, I just have one giant desktop made of 3 monitors and like 4300x1050 worth of virtual space. For whatever reason, maybe because the monitors are all different sizes, when I maximize a normal window, it stays on its monitor. The only thing I've got a big issue with is the workspace switcher... The left monitor looks fine from it, but the other two I could barely control what's going on, because it's in deadspace.

You might consider looking into purchasing a Pila charger to replace it if worse comes to worst. I just got mine about a week ago, but it's pretty awesome. Charges pretty quick and the batteries always seem to come off at 4.19v. It's only 2 slots though, and it uses spacers instead of the spring-thing...but I prefer this method. My Trustfire charger with the spring was damaging the wrapping on my old batteries...although that gave me an excuse to get new batteries...hmm..

-X

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Okay so my charger still seems to not work. I opened it up with care and I didnt see any contacts being shorted or anything of the sort. I honestly think its fried. (even though its on a quality surge protector with my PC) Anyone else have any recommendations or have a confirmed answer as to what the Red/green flashing means? Its kinda funny that the device is trying to tell me something but idk what it means. (as I said all 4 bays flash not just one. one bay flashing means you put the battery backwards)

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
Okay now I really need help! the other charger I have to charge my CR123 battery is also dead. It was my old charger for my 18650s (I actually forgot it charges 18650 and assumed it was a 18490 charger for some reason :p) BUT NOW THIS CHARGER IS DEAD. Its died about 2 days ago.

Both chargers are on the same power strip which is connected to: my phone charger, my camera charger, my computer, my monitor and my equalizer. It is a heavy duty surge protecting power strip. I have not had any power outages recently or my clocks would be reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread