My new best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I had my provari for 4 days now and today was the first day I was able to use it. I had to order some new 18650 batteries when I found out the ones I had wouldn't work. Remember what it was like having a full pack of cigarettes and nothing to light it with? haha.
I took the 1.7 carto off my KGO and put it on the provari and set it at 3.7 and worked my way up to a 4.3 which really made the vaping 10 times better. When this juice is gone I'll throw on a 3 ohm carto and play with it.

What do you normally run on your Provari? And at what voltage? I hate to go too high.

Envithyx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
NorCal
A week with it and only have tried Boge 3.0 cartos (range for me is 4.2 - 5.0, with my sweet spot for most juices at 4.6) and a 1.8 ohm bridgeless atty (range 3.3 - 4.2, sweet spot 3.6) Seems I like a 6-8 watt range with 7.2 being the sweetspot, although with the atty I've gone up to 10 watts experimenting. Trying anything that high in the carto though just didn't work for me.

Something to consider. With my sweet spot at 7.1 watts (rounded) running about 1.5 amps on the boge 3.0 and get about 1 1/2 days vape time on a 18650. With the atty, running 2 amps and knocks my battery down to one day. So if you like the higher resistance, sticking with it will make your battery last a lot longer.

Last edited:

Envithyx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
NorCal
I'm still sampling juices from different vendors. And I have a pile of LR cartos. I bought some 3 ohm cartos with the purchase of the provari and will try one after I finish the juice I'm on.
Would the vape be different on a 3 ohm carto vs a 1.5 ohm?

All things considered (same wattage etc), the coil on the 1.5 is smaller so it will produce a different result. As one put it in another thread somewhere, think of it as the difference between the small and larger burner on a stove. The heat dispersal will be different and thus produce a noticable difference in the vape.

Those 3.0 ohm cartos you got from provape are more than likely boges. At least the set I got from them were.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
All things considered (same wattage etc), the coil on the 1.5 is smaller so it will produce a different result. As one put it in another thread somewhere, think of it as the difference between the small and larger burner on a stove. The heat dispersal will be different and thus produce a noticable difference in the vape.

Those 3.0 ohm cartos you got from provape are more than likely boges. At least the set I got from them were.

That helps a lot !! Thanks for helping me fill the gaps of my unknowledgeable now little more knowledgeable mind. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread