My new Ken's box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRoberts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Florence,AL
Three months into vaping -and no analogs- I just got my first VV Friday.
I went with Ken's Big Daddy Vari-Cool running twin 18650's and the 510 connection.
Sporting a fluxomizer w/ Boba's as we speak. Can't remember the rating on this one, but the vape is great.
Tried my Acorn tank from Parkes w/ 2.4-2.6 CE2 guts, that went very well too.
What cartomizers should I be considering?
One review I read was the regular size dual coils are a better vape than the xl's.
I have an xxxl 1.5 that is destined for the garbage can. All I get is air, little vapeage.
Are Ikenvapes any better than Boge?
Any more ideas, tips or tricks, I am all ears.
I also vape Wyatt Earp, Virginia, 70/30 sometimes w/ a splash of Honeysuckle from Mary Parkes.
My next order is moving to 60/40.
Thanks in advance.
RR

RRoberts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Florence,AL
I am pleased.
Hmm, Ask a question to the person that made the unit ( in USA ) OR stamped out China....no brainer to me.
I started to go w/ the metered model, but figured I would catch on quick enough and the size difference too.
I already had the 18650's so that leaned me toward this one. I'm sure the 14500 model rocks as well.

Does 2.5 or 3 ohm carts,etc have thicker heater coil wire than LR stuff? Or last longer?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I am pleased.
Hmm, Ask a question to the person that made the unit ( in USA ) OR stamped out China....no brainer to me.
I started to go w/ the metered model, but figured I would catch on quick enough and the size difference too.
I already had the 18650's so that leaned me toward this one. I'm sure the 14500 model rocks as well.

Does 2.5 or 3 ohm carts,etc have thicker heater coil wire than LR stuff? Or last longer?

I've found regular resistence attys definitely last longer than LR ones. Probably less of a difference with cartomizers. But you really don't need LR stuff with a VV since you can up the voltage. I use both standard resistence (2.5 - 3.0) at around 5 volts and dual coil cartomizers around 4.7 volts.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I've found regular resistence attys definitely last longer than LR ones. Probably less of a difference with cartomizers. But you really don't need LR stuff with a VV since you can up the voltage. I use both standard resistence (2.5 - 3.0) at around 5 volts and dual coil cartomizers around 4.7 volts.

...agreed on all of that...I vape my Evercool with 3ohm single coils and 1.5dccs at around 5v and surely do enjoy it/them.....
madjack:2cool:

RRoberts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Florence,AL
'Preciate All the info replies here. Trying to do more listening than talking, cause I am far from the king of this. I do enjoy learning tho, as folks ask me how to get started vaping and quit smoking. You gotta learn before you can teach. All I can do is point them in the right direction at this point, just like I was 'led to'.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread