My New KR8 Is Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
My order from Vapor Junction was waiting on the doorstep when I got home from work today. Kudos to VJ! I ordered on Wed. and got it today. They also included some extra cartos. Thanks to all the good info I found here I chose a manual KR808D-1 for my first PV and I already love it.:D

I've only had one analog since I fired up the KR8 a few hours ago. Ordinarily, I would have had at least five or six by now. The cartos that came with the kit are ok. They remind me of when I used to roll my own with Prince Albert tobacco. I also have some 555 and Hilton cartos. Trying new flavors of juice/cartos to find my favorite is going to be fun. I think this is going to be the first time I actually enjoy trying to quit killing myself with cigarettes.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
Congratulations & Welcome Aboard!

I also started out with a KR808D-1 unit I got from SmokeTip.com. I will never say anything bad about it because it was good enough to allow me to quit smoking instantly after 36+ years. It really is a very dependable PV.

I then switched over to a Joye 510 (3-piece model) and have been with it for more than 8 months now and very content. As a suggestion, if you like the cigarette flavors you may want to try an RY4 and Marlboro. I always use Dekang brand and I get them at the best price from Madvapes.com.

Good Luck and give it your best shot!

:thumb:

otbg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
orlando
www.otbgraphics.com
My order from Vapor Junction was waiting on the doorstep when I got home from work today. Kudos to VJ! I ordered on Wed. and got it today. They also included some extra cartos. Thanks to all the good info I found here I chose a manual KR808D-1 for my first PV and I already love it.:D

I've only had one analog since I fired up the KR8 a few hours ago. Ordinarily, I would have had at least five or six by now. The cartos that came with the kit are ok. They remind me of when I used to roll my own with Prince Albert tobacco. I also have some 555 and Hilton cartos. Trying new flavors of juice/cartos to find my favorite is going to be fun. I think this is going to be the first time I actually enjoy trying to quit killing myself with cigarettes.

I just got mine this week also and love it! :toast:

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! It was nice waking up this morning without my mouth tasting like a dirty ashtray. The only downside so far is that I don't think I'll be saving any money for a while from cutting back on analogs. Now I'm starting to shop around for extra batteries, juice, and maybe a PCC. LOL! :vapor::vapor:

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Lol, you will still save lots of money! My first PV was a SmokeTip and I still use the SmokeTip batteries with my 901 atties. The SmokeTip battery lasts me ALL day at work and actually makes my 901 hit harder/make more vapor. Don't know why, but it does. I'm planning on ordering some Turbo cartomizers from vapor nine. I hear that they are more reliable than standard KR808 cartos. If you're into the tobacco flavors, you have GOT to get some Dunhill. It's awesome. RY4 and 555 go really good with beer! Cheers!

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Congrats and welcome aboard. The KR8 is a nice unit. As another member noted MadVapes has great liquid at a fantastic price. They ship super quick and cheap too. As for cost I'm finally saving money but it took a while, I had been doing the roll your own. But then the tax on them went up and doubled the price so I went shopping, found this site and have been cig free for over 6 months.

All Hail ECF this site Rocks!! Oh and thanks go out to all the great venders as well.

Well anyway, congrats again and enjoy. Remember you can always ask questions here. You might get ten different answers but somebody will be able to help out.

Peace!

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Another noob here. After reading till my eyes bled, I chose the KR8 manual starter kits and KR8 auto PTs for myself and hubby as well. Can't wait for them to get here! Like many here, I have smoked analogs for over 35 years and this is the first time I am looking forward to a different option.

SO much great info and help on these forums...I'm glad I found you ;)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Good stuff :)

As you switch, remember that any cravings for analogs aren't by themselves bad -- it's your body saying it wants something. Take a few puffs on your e-cig, give it some time for nicotine absorption (a bit slower than analogs). For me that did pretty well, but I had to bump one notch in nicotine level to get over the morning and post-meal urges (others went to lower mg/ml nic, while some of us had to go up a level -- what works varies).

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
I'm pretty happy with the KR8. I prefer the blank cartomizers I can fill on my own, and I prefer the pass-through. I like the 36mg tobacco-flavored juice with a few drops of menthol added. It zaps my brain and my lungs. It's cheap too. A small bottle goes a long way.

I got a PT along with my KR8 starter kit. It's perfect for when I'm hangin' out online. I'll probably be going with blank cartos and liquid soon. That does seem to be the way to go for economy and variety.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I got a PT along with my KR8 starter kit. It's perfect for when I'm hangin' out online. I'll probably be going with blank cartos and liquid soon. That does seem to be the way to go for economy and variety.

I ordered some prefilled cartos to get help me thru the "fumbling" stage of noobness but I also ordered some blanks and a bottle of RY3. All the nic lvls are 16mg so I may have to order some higher lvl juice...we'll see :unsure:

I do have a question about my PT...when it arrives do I need to plug it in to my usb and let it charge a couple of hours before using it? I know I need to charge my regular kit batts first, but curious about how long the PT will take to get going.

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
I ordered some prefilled cartos to get help me thru the "fumbling" stage of noobness but I also ordered some blanks and a bottle of RY3. All the nic lvls are 16mg so I may have to order some higher lvl juice...we'll see :unsure:

I do have a question about my PT...when it arrives do I need to plug it in to my usb and let it charge a couple of hours before using it? I know I need to charge my regular kit batts first, but curious about how long the PT will take to get going.

The KR8 PT does not need to charge. It is ready to go when plugged in to your usb port. Also, when I got my kit the batts had an initial charge on them. All I had to do was attach a carto and vape away!:vapor:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
The KR8 PT does not need to charge. It is ready to go when plugged in to your usb port. Also, when I got my kit the batts had an initial charge on them. All I had to do was attach a carto and vape away!:vapor:

Great, ty Latakia! My order should be here today, dang that slow mailman :facepalm:

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ

Welcome and Gratz! :)

I too have the 808. I buy Vapor4life.com cartos and juice. they have a great selection on flavors. They also have sales quite often, like right now they are having a 22% off sale!

Vapor4Life-Because it's your life - E-Cigarettes/Smoking Alternatives

"beatheheat" 22% off until tomorrow.

hope you stick with it and away from analogs :)

-cheers

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I see a lot of comments about throat hit (TH) here on the Forum, but to me that wasn't an especially big deal. I was preparing an order with MsTsBakery recently for e-liquids and decided to get some Blackberry Jelly. Sounded like a nice flavor.

If your looking for TH you might want to try it. This stuff will give you a TH right up to the backside of your eyeballs! I LOVE it! And the taste is great too.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Got our kits yesterday and so far hubby and I are quite impressed with our KR8's. I have to say that I don't like the taste of the prefilled USA mix we got but the RY3 juice in the blank carto is pretty good. Both are 16mg. The USA prefilled is way to harsh for me and I was a Marlboro Light smoker.

I ordered some snickerdoodle juice and some Honey Juice (both are 24mg nic) from Ms.T's Bakery last night and can't wait to try it. I'm thinking for myself, getting away from the tobacco flavor altogether may be the way to go.

Latakia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2010
Maryland
Well, it's been just over a week since my first vape. I'm lovin' it!:D I'm down to just 2 or 3 analogs a day. I've got 3 more batts coming from V4L: An XL manual, an auto standard, and an auto shortie. I've been sticking with cartos for the time being as I experiment with different flavors. I still prefer the tobacco flavors over the others but that may change. I did try some Doc Pepper that was pretty darn good.:2cool: I'm saving all of my empties for refilling later. The best news yet is that my gf lets me vape in her house so no more having to go out in the heat/cold/rain/snow etc. Thanks again to all here who are helping me along the way. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread