My new mod, The London Peculiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artifex75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chillicothe Oh
Just wanted to show you folks what I've been working on. It's cut from jakoba wood (naturally a deep red color) and wrapped in a copper shell.

6yldi0.jpg

2i0fbtk.jpg

The internals include a vamo v5 chip and a pair of efest 14500s. The connector was salvaged from a fried itaste vv 3.
The inspiration was from the itaste vtr, because of the way that it protects the atty, making it more pocketable than my itaste mvp2.

So,what do you think?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Love the name and love the mod! Very resourceful cobbling together of recycled bits.

I do agree that the switch is a bit of a buzzkill though. You don't have enough of a shaft to work out some kind of a button cover for it. Something clunkier or chunkier would look better.

What are your thoughts on the etching? I kinda like it nekkid as it is right now.

Artifex75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Chillicothe Oh
Thank you! The cover that I had in mind would be a long ramp shape hinged near the atty, held in place by a weak spring.

The engraving will most likely be a compass rose. It's the symbol of my photography business and I just love the nautical connotations. I don't want it to be full on steam punk, but more like an old piece of science equipment.

The name comes from a slang term for a particularly dense London fog, used around the turn of the century.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thank you! The cover that I had in mind would be a long ramp shape hinged near the atty, held in place by a weak spring.

I was thinking along similar lines, due to the nature of the small shaft on the switch. Something like a variation on a leaf spring over it - but it would have to be comfortable and not feel like it was "in the way" either.

The engraving will most likely be a compass rose. It's the symbol of my photography business and I just love the nautical connotations. I don't want it to be full on steam punk, but more like an old piece of science equipment.

I'm up for that! :) I didn't want to see the leaning toward steam punk look get "conflicted" with a Guns 'n' Roses tattoo engraving or something.

The name comes from a slang term for a particularly dense London fog, used around the turn of the century.

My head went right to Edward Gorey - sounds like one of his book titles. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread