• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Creating a blog/review conglomerate site for Canadian e-cig users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratzilla

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Ontario, Canada
www.groovyvapor.com
I'm a web developer trying to gauge interest in a possible blog/review site catering to Canadian e-cig users. I have some web space and am looking for a way into journalism. I figured why not combine my three favorite things (journalism, e-cigs, and web design) and benefit the e-cig community at large?

Before I begin any work, I'd love to hear some opinions on my idea. It will hopefully be a blog-like site similar in vein to Kotaku, Engadget, Gizmodo, etc focusing on reviews, tutorials, FAQs, and general news related to e-cigs. It would have a .com or .ca domain name and would cater primarily to the Canadian vaper, since I think we're a small community compared to others in the world.

If my idea goes through, I'd also be looking for potential contributors. I'm not a business, so nothing will be paid, but every contributor will have some web space to host videos, reviews, etc. This benefits me because this would go right to my portfolio (managing a blog) and it benefits contributors by giving them subscribers, page views, word of mouth, and a centralized location where people can view your content. Maybe looking for 4 or 5 people interested to work in a team alongside me to see this idea to fruition. I want to re-iterate that I'm not looking for web developers, just contributors.

What's your take on this idea?

PS: Mods please contact me before closing/deleting the thread if this is inappropriate. I got the green light from a couple of moderators/persons in charge, so please take this into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread