My Pledge to Quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am fully committed to this method of quiting. I love this product especially when DJing in Bars and Clubs. I don't have to go outside in this damn cold.

So, after my last "Real" cigarette I will be counting down (or up however you look at it) to six months smoke free. When I reach the six month mark I will get a V4L logo Tattoo.

SaveFerris

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Chi-cago
I love not smelling like smoke all the time and feeling like I have to cover it up. I especially love not having to go out in the cold. I think I will miss going out in the summer and driving with a cig. Its just diff with the ecig. Hopefully since I will have some time before summer it will be easier. LOVE the tat idea! Chi-town rocks! What clubs do you DJ?

I love not smelling like smoke all the time and feeling like I have to cover it up. I especially love not having to go out in the cold. I think I will miss going out in the summer and driving with a cig. Its just diff with the ecig. Hopefully since I will have some time before summer it will be easier. LOVE the tat idea! Chi-town rocks! What clubs do you DJ?

Sorry it takes me a bit to respond to my post on the weekends. That is my work week.

"SaveFarris" I have spun at Zentra, Crobar (once), I'm also at some bars in wrigleyville (always wearing my Sox hat Lol). I'm mostly a "House Music" DJ. Been focusing on making my first record, so I haven't been at any major clubs lately. When my record is out that's when I'm going to hit the clubs again.

And to all the others, thank you for the words of support. I need them right now. My stress is peeking and it seems as if the cigarettes are the only thing to calm me down.

The one thing I'm finding hard with the E-Cig, is. I don't seem to get that "finished" feeling I do when my cigarette is done. Has anyone felt this too?

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
WitchDr...yeah, it's kind of funny when I first started I looked for an ashtray to put out my e-cig! I also had to use my cig case for a while..after 37 years of reaching for it, I couldn't seem to break the habit!

Give it a few days, the old habits will stop and you can feel "done" any time you want! It's amazing to pick up an e-cig and take a vape..then put it back down for later. At first I used to take a drag in bed just to see the pretty light! :rolleyes:

The other thing I still find amazing is changing a cart out..finished or not, switching flavors and then switching back. try that with a misty!

have fun at work..inside where it's warm.

I forgot to add..tat? Couldn't you just have some cheesecake and call it a day> Ouch!

Last edited:
Thanks "MaryKay" Cheesecake would be good. However, I DO LOVE tattoos. When I achive 6 months I will get it as a badge of accomplishment. It won't be a big one, just a small one on my arm somewhere.

"marron" I still use turntables. I just got a new set up this summer. I have one 1210 MK5, and got a 1210 M5G (with the blues lights) for the same price as the MK5. I also bought a Allen & Heath Xone:02.2 Battle mixer, the sound is amazing on that thing. All this powers my laptop with Traktor Scratch Pro. I also have some midi controllers I use to control the effects. I LOVE being a DJ. Started when I was 12. Do you spin?

maaron

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
lima,Ohio
Thanks "MaryKay" Cheesecake would be good. However, I DO LOVE tattoos. When I achive 6 months I will get it as a badge of accomplishment. It won't be a big one, just a small one on my arm somewhere.

"marron" I still use turntables. I just got a new set up this summer. I have one 1210 MK5, and got a 1210 M5G (with the blues lights) for the same price as the MK5. I also bought a Allen & Heath Xone:02.2 Battle mixer, the sound is amazing on that thing. All this powers my laptop with Traktor Scratch Pro. I also have some midi controllers I use to control the effects. I LOVE being a DJ. Started when I was 12. Do you spin?
yea I used to spin....i ended up selling my stuff for extra cash:( I had 2 Numark TTX tables a behringer djx700 mixer and a pioneer efx500 for effects. My dream set up was always 2 pioneer cdj 800mk2, a pioneer djm 800 and pioneer efx1000! I wish I didn't have to sell my stuff....I miss it!

yea I used to spin....i ended up selling my stuff for extra cash:( I had 2 Numark TTX tables a behringer djx700 mixer and a pioneer efx500 for effects. My dream set up was always 2 pioneer cdj 800mk2, a pioneer djm 800 and pioneer efx1000! I wish I didn't have to sell my stuff....I miss it!

I hear you. I lost 2 systems and all my studio gear (ProTools and all) to hard times. You'll have gear again one day. I was and still am not a fan of Pioneer. They charge WAY too much for that stuff. The DJM800 is nice, but for a touch more I can get my Xone 4D. That is my goal for this summer. That and the new QSC K Series powered speakers. The constantly coming into hard times and selling my gear has kept me from getting to the "World Tour" gigs that I have been after.

SaveFerris

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Chi-cago
Crobar use to be a fav spot for me. It has changed alot over the years. Would love to hear your stuff when it comes out.
I totally agree with the wanting a finished feeling. That was and still is hard for me. I need closure and the feeling like I smoked and now can move on after I finished my cig. At least this is better for us. It does get easier and its all about changing or learning new habits.

anticool

Oct 18, 2009
I hear you. I lost 2 systems and all my studio gear (ProTools and all) to hard times. You'll have gear again one day. I was and still am not a fan of Pioneer. They charge WAY too much for that stuff. The DJM800 is nice, but for a touch more I can get my Xone 4D. That is my goal for this summer. That and the new QSC K Series powered speakers. The constantly coming into hard times and selling my gear has kept me from getting to the "World Tour" gigs that I have been after.

Haha didn't expect to run into this topic on ECF, but I totally agree with you on Pioneers. Its good to be familiar with them though if you do club sets. Also cockroaches will have something to spin on after the world ends because they are built rock solid. Quality gear, just groooooossly overpriced.

I actually kind of skipped cdjs all together. I was a dedicated vinyl head forever, but just picked up a Numark NS7 and its blowing my mind (and saving my back).

QSCs are on my list as well :thumbs:

I've got a friend with a 4d.... super rad. 4 decks is insanity. Awesome insanity.

Hey maybe we should start a "Vaping DJs" subforum :p

LastOutlaw

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Texas
www.quantumtour.com
The other thing I still find amazing is changing a cart out..finished or not, switching flavors and then switching back. try that with a misty!

MaryKay, my desk is constantly covered with loose carts...I change all the time. Occasionally I will find a flavor that hits me and I'll vape away but I change flavors a lot. They all are so damned good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread