My poor wallet D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
Okay, e-cigs are awesome and I love them. Been smoke-free (aside from the very occasional clove) for over a month now, and that's awesome too.

But sheesh...Since I got my 510, I've inadvertently converted 3 of the smokers at my work to these things -- and I'm the only one of us with a Paypal account! I feel like some kind of dealer. I wonder what the boss thinks when he sees me handing over little bottles of liquid and getting cash in return, lol.

Some problems with our system: I keep forgetting to include shipping in the price of the things they want. This is further complicated when one guy only likes the tobacco flavor from one certain company, while two others don't like liquid, they like the pre-filled carts from another company entirely...Those shipping charges are really adding up. Not to mention I wonder what my bank thinks when they see 3 separate orders to e-smokey treats in the same month.

Anyone have a similar situation happen to them? Any advice on how I can round everyone up and get them to order together?

One other semi-moral dilemma: I sold my barely used VX2 kit to one of my coworkers to start him off, and all the batteries are dead within a week and a half. I suspect he ruined it himself by either dripping on the atomizers ( a no-no with that model) or some other newbie mistake -- but I still feel guilty taking money from him for a product that isn't working. It's way past whatever warranty came with that set, too. So we're both out some cash, but I'm still left with this lingering used-car salesman feeling.

Just kinda rambling. I put $80 more on my card tonight, and none of it was for me! Sorta disappointing, even though I don't need anything.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
You have to just draw the line,,, they have to cover the shipping cost, and add that right away, so they know what it's going to cost.

I'm kind of a soft touch myself,,, so I know where your coming from,,, but I'm learning to say no.

I was talking to my mom on the phone today, and one of her neighbors got some water in the basement and borrowed thier dehumidifier. When they got it back, it didn't work, so she bought a new one. I come from a long line of soft hearts I guess,,,, lol.

I guess the bottom line is,,, does helping people give you more pleasure than the negatives of being taken for granted? Some of the people I've helped out are grateful, and a few I don't have anything to do with anymore.

Best to you!

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Well, of course, it would be easier if they all wanted to order from the same place at the same time . . . heck, depending on the seller, you might even get free shipping that way. :) However, it doesn't sound likely to happen, so I'm thinking you should probably say something before you wind up feeling used and start feeling resentful.

I know that when I personally shop, I place larger orders to either get free shipping or to make the shipping cost feel more reasonable. If they know that they're going to be charged shipping, my guess is the frequency of the orders will go down a bit. :)

As for the dead e-cig you sold to a friend, I probably wouldn't charge him either. I rarely sell to friends because I don't want to feel bad if things go wrong with the item . . . I either sell to someone I don't know where it's an arm's length transaction or, if it's a friend, I simply give it to them rather than sell it.

socaljay

Apr 1, 2009
Southern CA
I guess you have to weigh the benefits and advantages of what you are doing. That is completely up to you and your persona so I won't even make an attempt at it. If the advantages outweigh the disadvantages keep doing it; if it is vice versa, find a more accommodating arrangement. In any case, you are a good friend to be helping others quit analogs by helping to supply their needs. However, don't forget that you have needs too. :)

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
None of them have debit cards/bank accounts. I know it's weird.

Another odd fact: No one at my work, aside from the owner of the shop, has a driver's license. Granted we live in a city where it's not really necessary, but still...

It's not too difficult to get a pre-paid debit/credit card these days. Maybe you could suggest it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread