Status
Not open for further replies.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
We have an older cat who HATES dogs, and... 4 dogs. 3 of them leave the cat alone for the most part but the one I have had the longest was beaten up several times by the cat when he was a puppy so there's bad, bad, bad blood between them.

Diablo has his own area gated off with his cat tree, some furniture, litterbox, water, etc.

Yesterday I was working at my desk when Diablo came down for something and the dog rushed the gate. I was startled and knocked my Provari off the desk hard enough to send it flying across the room onto the tile floor. It landed hard enough to knock the tight-fitting drip tip out.

It seemed fine, no dings, but then this morning I realized there's a small gap under the top cap where it came up a little from the impact. I tried to tap it gently back in with a padded hammer but no go. :(

The mechanic boyfriend will take a look at it when he gets home and I'm sure it can be fixed by him or Provape, but man, how depressing! Stupid dog. Stupid cat. Why can't they all just get along?

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome, will definitely try the wood. :) I am pretty sure we can fix this without having to send it to the hospital. Gotta love the thing, I just used some paper towels while tapping with the hammer and not a single ding. So sturdy!! Glad it had a wrap on it since it was my polished one, so no scratches from the skid. 8-o

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Rubber mallet would be best in the future. I actually watched a Provari disassembly video last night. Was on the site that offers different tube/body for the provari.. I cant find the site now but interesting video and very easy looking to dismantle.

Found it....Here it is
ProVari Dis-assembly and PowerPro 26650 Conversion - YouTube

FYI, I have not interest in that tube, personally I dont know why anyone would purchase that and mangle a Provari design but to each their own I guess.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Rubber mallet would be best in the future. I actually watched a Provari disassembly video last night. Was on the site that offers different tube/body for the provari.. I cant find the site now but interesting video and very easy looking to dismantle.

Found it....Here it is
ProVari Dis-assembly and PowerPro 26650 Conversion - YouTube

FYI, I have not interest in that tube, personally I dont know why anyone would purchase that and mangle a Provari design but to each their own I guess.

They probably are the same type of people who drive around in huge pickup trucks with testicles hanging from the trailer hitch....They are obviously compensating for something, though what it is, I can't seem to fathom at this late hour....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread