My PTB isn't like your PTB (Macro pictures inside)

What do your Lipton PTBs look like?

• Top pic - mesh grid

• Bottom pic - grid covered with strands in a "grain" pattern

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kameleon

Jul 30, 2009
So I've been happily using Lipton PTBs (bought from my local Tesco, I'm UK) for a month or so now to stuff my carts. I've had a little more problem with loose strands sticking out of the carts than I had read about but thought little of it until I saw a closeup of a PTB in someone's video where it looked significantly different to what I've been using. I hunted around a bit for a macro picture of a 'proper' Lipton's PTB and this is what I found:

110apfm.jpg

This looks like the 'mesh' everyone talks about, the strands are woven together in a grid with nothing else in the way. Is this what everyone's PTBs look like?

Mine don't. They look like this:

2ccrvb4.jpg

The macro on my camera isn't very good but you can make out the distinct difference. There is a grid-like structure in there somewhere but it's covered by loads of little strands covering the surface, which have a distinct 'grain' to them. I was surprised not to see any discussion of whether the grain direction made any difference, now it looks as though your bags don't have such a thing! As you can see they are definitely Lipton Pyramid teabags, you can see the box in the background.

So is this two very different types of what we thought was one kind of bag made of one material? Has anyone used both, how do they compare? Can I get the other type in the UK or is this just how they are this side of the pond?

Please share your experiences, and if possible your macro pictures!

Last edited:

Kameleon

Jul 30, 2009
yea it looks like ur ptb is def. not ideal for the ptb method...ptb seems so great cuz of the nylon mesh which can be reused hundreds of times, gives less aftertaste & does not burn...ur ptb doesn't look much diff. than normal filler, urs look more like lipton's normal tea bag material

As a matter of fact I've been using it for weeks now and it's been great - no burning and no aftertaste, and far different to the normal teabags I've used. It doesn't show in the picture but mine are a quite smooth and shiny material, they wick fantastically and via experimentation I've found some excellent ways to roll them so even my very thin Ecopure doesn't leak.

I would definitely be interested in trying the mesh bags, though. Someone should take the initiative and buy them wholesale, then empty and sell them flat so they can be sent in standard envelopes. I'd buy loads!

Kameleon

Jul 30, 2009
Kameleon you must been used the ptb's from the first picture , nilon mesh , i dont think youve got such an improvement with the bags from the second picture ... those areant leaking at all and the liquid got trapped in the cart and they prevent it from leaking to the atomizer

Well I'm pretty sure I'm not using the bags in the top picture seeing as I took the second picture, I am vaping from the bag that you see cut open underneath the whole bag in the picture as I type. I am using a plug mod quite similar to rhoneil's, but with PG juice I could just roll it up and stuff it in and it would work great.

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
I've quite successfully been using the Type I PTB's (mesh) for about two months now.

I always wondered why UK members here and friends on another forum (TW) had different experiences than I using PTB. :)

Now we know there are at least two out there. Perhaps there are even more variations! I think I hear the X-Files theme playing...

(Those wacky, rascally, engineers and designers at Lipton®!) ;)

Thanks for the information and pics Kameleon! :)

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
i bought PTB here in italy last week and they looks like the 2nd picture... Has anybody in europe found the nylon mesh ones?

Where can we buy those?

Salve ournature! :) We can't have any of our vaping friends across the pond not experiencing the pure pleasure of PTB (mesh)! You might try eBay:

Lipton pyramid tea bags, great deals on Home Garden on eBay!

Just make sure they are US suppliers that ship internationally. You should receive the mesh type or you can just ask before you buy! :)

(If you still can't find them; PM me and I'll send you a sample.) ;)

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Salve ournature! :) We can't have any of our vaping friends across the pond not experiencing the pure pleasure of PTB (mesh)! You might try eBay:

Lipton pyramid tea bags, great deals on Home Garden on eBay!

Just make sure they are US suppliers that ship internationally. You should receive the mesh type or you can just ask before you buy! :)

(If you still can't find them; PM me and I'll send you a sample.) ;)

He's right!

Hey was that you I was talkin to maybe a month ago, about getting a roll of PTB materials? Sent that e mail? Well guess who called me last week?

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
He's right!

Hey was that you I was talkin to maybe a month ago, about getting a roll of PTB materials? Sent that e mail? Well guess who called me last week?

Robert! My PTB Bud! :)

Probably was and as you see we could use PTB mesh material internationally now.

Please... do tell. :) (PM me if you'd like.)

(Hopefully it was better than the response I got.
) :confused:

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
i found another tea brand making nylon-mesh PTB just like lipton ones.
It is called Duphil, they are based in italy, might be a source for european based vapers. Don't know if they sell stuff out of italy though.
Just received 2 packs of them (24 bags).
Can't wait to try it on my 801 stick and see how these renowned PTB do perform!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread