My PTB isn't like your PTB (Macro pictures inside)

What do your Lipton PTBs look like?

• Top pic - mesh grid

• Bottom pic - grid covered with strands in a "grain" pattern

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
Robert! My PTB Bud! :)

Probably was and as you see we could use PTB mesh material internationally now.

Please... do tell. :) (PM me if you'd like.)

(Hopefully it was better than the response I got.) :confused:

Well a lady from Korea called me. I told her I had started a new organic tea company and I wanted to use there material in my manufacturing process. She didn't speak very good English but understood me well enough. I told her I needed 5-10 meters of material so that my technicians could see how well the material worked. I asked for samples of both widths. Nothing in the mail yet- but it might be on the way. I should send another email and tell them I need some asap.

Stehle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Sunny Florida! U.S.A.
Well a lady from Korea called me. I told her I had started a new organic tea company and I wanted to use there material in my manufacturing process. She didn't speak very good English but understood me well enough. I told her I needed 5-10 meters of material so that my technicians could see how well the material worked. I asked for samples of both widths. Nothing in the mail yet- but it might be on the way. I should send another email and tell them I need some asap.

Totally Awesome! :)

All I got in response was a lousy email hawking plush toys, CD or MP3 players from Korea and living long & healthy life. ;)

(Just gave them email address. Didn't think to give them a phone number.) 8-o

Please keep me posted you clever & smart rascal you! ;)

commentluv

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Lancaster, UK
comluv.com
I'm in the UK and ever since I saw the fedora hat guy video showing how to do a PTB mod I wanted to get some and eventually I saw some Lipton fusions in Asda. I thought I was seeing things on the video though because I was sure the hat guys bag was shiny and the ones I had (even though they were more nylony than standard teabags) didn't look quite right.

now I see your pics, I can easily see there is a drastic difference! although, I have been using the fusions PTB in my dse804 (after cutting in half before rolling) and they've been working great.. better than filter tips, better than fish tank filter filler, better than belly button fluff!

I would like to try the shiny ones too though just to see if it makes a difference.

I got a dse901 today too and

SpasticMuse

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Under a tree outside Chicagoland
John Barrowman? the guy who played Dr. Who for a while?
lol, not me!

but, I give forged autographs if you want one :p

Right guy, if slightly off-target. He plays Captain Jack Harkness, who has been a recurring character on "Doctor Who", and the lead on the spin-off "Torchwood".

Not that I ever have watched those shows.... :oops:

JLD

xogul

Sep 8, 2009
Portugal, EU
I'm in the UK and ever since I saw the fedora hat guy video showing how to do a PTB mod I wanted to get some and eventually I saw some Lipton fusions in Asda. I thought I was seeing things on the video though because I was sure the hat guys bag was shiny and the ones I had (even though they were more nylony than standard teabags) didn't look quite right.

now I see your pics, I can easily see there is a drastic difference! although, I have been using the fusions PTB in my dse804 (after cutting in half before rolling) and they've been working great.. better than filter tips, better than fish tank filter filler, better than belly button fluff!

I would like to try the shiny ones too though just to see if it makes a difference.

I got a dse901 today too and

I'm in Portugal and also can only find the bags in the second picture. For what you are saying can I deduce that they work well too? And the method is the same shown in the video?

xogul

Sep 8, 2009
Portugal, EU
Sorry for the double post but can't edit the previous post.

A friend of mine went for the coffee break.
10 minutes later he returned and handed over to me a napkin ball, askin me if that was it. I unwrapped the wet ball and inside there it was, a used nylon mesh tea bag. the first one.

for those looking for it here is the link in portuguese: Lipton Portugal | Lipton Tea - Especialidades - Red Tea
Note the white circle near the bag with letters inside "Nova saqueta em tecido" (New tissue [or material] bag).

if it finally arrived to this end of the Europe, maybe they are changing it now all over.

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
It's better than the original polyfill. It takes more drops but I find it to dry faster. Anyone with the same opinion?

Now that you mention it, I think I would agree. Like I have said in the past there are so many variables in vaping to get the perfect mod (something other than the original pollyfill). I no longer prefill a couple of carts, cap them and take them with me. I find myself cleaning ptb mods, capping them empty and putting them in my 510 PCC. When I feel that the mod I am using is ready to be cleaned I swap it out with one of the clean ones fill it and repeat. Its almost like dripping (i feel i get the same taste and vapor as dripping) but the difference is an empty cart takes 19 drops and 15 drops to top off instead of 2-3 per drip.

I do think it dries out (not really fast but I wouldnt fill a cart if I was not intending to use it immediately or at least later that day) but it works for the way I vape.

rhoneil

xogul

Sep 8, 2009
Portugal, EU
I do think it dries out (not really fast but I wouldnt fill a cart if I was not intending to use it immediately or at least later that day) but it works for the way I vape.
rhoneil

maybe I didn't explain very well (sorry for my bad english). the 'faster dry' I mentioned didn't mean evaporate, means that the cartridge lasts less.

(if I read/understand you right of course)

rhoneil

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
maybe I didn't explain very well (sorry for my bad english). the 'faster dry' I mentioned didn't mean evaporate, means that the cartridge lasts less.

(if I read/understand you right of course)

That too. I think the reason we taste, vapor and throat hit is so much better than regular polyfill is due to the fact that it wicks better and you actually get more juice per hit. So yes, I can see why you feel it would 'dry out' faster.

rhoneil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread