My rda mech mod setup?help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre Marios

Mar 28, 2019
France,paris
Can you share the specification of your coil? Type of metal, what gauge wire are you using, how many wraps and what is the inner diameter of the coil. Example: Kanthal 24 gauge with 5 wraps and a 3mm inner diameter.

If you are using a Clapton type coil, I have my doubts that 2 in parallel come out to 0.78 ohms. If you are using a Clapton coil, please share the link where you purchase them.
Like this one i buy them from AliExpress

Attachments

• 4BD699FE-1D1A-4C4A-8EC5-31E0E361DAC5.png
    4BD699FE-1D1A-4C4A-8EC5-31E0E361DAC5.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

Pierre Marios

Mar 28, 2019
France,paris
You've been asked a few times & have yet to answer.

* What are you using to measure resistance? *

If you do not have an accurate way to measure resistance, stop fiddling with the mechanical until you do.

Seems you're confused & unsure of what you're doing, best to leave the mech alone until you understand what your are doing & why.
I got an ohm reader like this one and I’ll be happy to know how much should i get in dual coil

Attachments

• 37FDE592-6920-4942-97F6-55A30AAEFF80.jpeg
    37FDE592-6920-4942-97F6-55A30AAEFF80.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 15

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
IF the coils actually measure .78 each then 2 used as duals should be .39.
But, after mounting, trimming legs, pulse firing to ensure even heating from inside out & checking grub screws for tightness the resistance should be checked again before wicking.

Folks already explained a few times when using dual coils resistance is halved.

Reactions: Baditude

Pierre Marios

Mar 28, 2019
France,paris
IF the coils actually measure .78 each then 2 used as duals should be .39.
But, after mounting, trimming legs, pulse firing to ensure even heating from inside out & checking grub screws for tightness the resistance should be checked again before wicking.

Folks already explained a few times when using dual coils resistance is halved.
Yeah i got what you say if i wanna use an 1ohm coil i should get .5ohm dual and make mesaure with the ohm reader and make sure that its 1ohm

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Yeah i got what you say if i wanna use an 1ohm coil i should get .5ohm dual and make mesaure with the ohm reader and make sure that its 1ohm

What? you're not making any sense.

I answered your question, you even quoted my answer.
Using 2 - .78 coils in dual should result in .39

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Pierre Marios

Mar 28, 2019
France,paris
What? you're not making any sense.

I answered your question, you even quoted my answer.
Using 2 - .78 coils in dual should result in .39
But in dual .39 I’ll get the same results for 78? Dual .39 is too high watts for me im looking for to get about 40-50 watt what do you think which dual i should use to get this results?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
This RDA will work best with 2 coils. That is what it was designed for.

With two of your coils installed in this RDA, the resistance will be around 0.39 ohms. The coils will draw 10.7 amps when your battery is at full voltage 4.2 volts. This will be the same as 45 watts. You should be safe to use these coils like this, but you MUST check the resistance and for any short circuits first.

But I think these coil are not very well suited for this application.

Pierre Marios

Mar 28, 2019
France,paris
This RDA will work best with 2 coils. That is what it was designed for.

With two of your coils installed in this RDA, the resistance will be around 0.39 ohms. The coils will draw 10.7 amps when your battery is at full voltage 4.2 volts. This will be the same as 45 watts. You should be safe to use these coils like this, but you MUST check the resistance and for any short circuits first.

But I think these coil are not very well suited for this application.
So I’ll be fine using 2 of .39 coils and yeah im going to use ohm reader first

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Discharging a battery continuously at its true CDR (see Mooch's battery test results to find out the true CDR of the battery you select for vaping; the Samsung 30Q is a 15 amp battery) really is stressful on the battery. But when we vape under normal circumstances we don't discharge the battery continuously. Instead, we are only pulsing. In the possible event that the button of a mech mod gets pressed accidentally for a long period, it may happen that the battery gets discharged continuously. Also, due to unforseen circumstances the button might get stuck when you press on it so as a result the battery keeps getting discharged until you take the appropriate action by safely disarming the mech, albeit assuming you know how to safely disarm it, and, you really should know how, despite some don't know.

These aforementioned abnormal circumstances that might occur because accidents can always happen even when we don't expect them to ever happen, in cohort with there being too many unknowns, are why [to stay at or below] the CDR is all that we can recommend. Pulse ratings are completely and utterly useless anyway, also in addition to this fact.

That said, there are no hard and fast numbers that either are safe or are unsafe to vape. To stay at or below the CDR of your chosen battery is recommended, and is recommended especially (and imperatively) to those who are still new to using a mech, as the CDR number was not picked because it is safe, rather, it was picked because it just seems a reasonable number to start with, after which people can learn more about battery safety and then decide for themselves how much risk they are willing to accept because they are an adult too.

When calculating battery safety for a single battery mech, using Ohm's law if you enter 4.2 volts in the Ohm's law equation, you already have a bit of extra safety margin there, as a battery has something called the voltage sag of the battery, and, the mech mod itself also has something called the voltage drop of the mech so, in practice, typically it will be closer to 3.7 volts.

If your Ohms reader is verified reliable and verified to be accurate, by knowing the correct number of volts you can apply that number to the Ohm's law equation and still end up being within the recommended battery safety limit/guideline for the specific battery you have chosen for vaping on your single battery mech. That is, only if you need that little bit of extra power, as the farther you stay below the CDR, the safer you'll be. (Even, if 14 amps is already 1 amp below those 15 amps that are the CDR of the Samsung 30Q, which does make 14 amps more than reasonable enough to start with, contrary to what the old scaremongerers have been trying to fool you with like they usually always do... LOL!)

Reactions: greek mule

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
You have this kit which is VGOD hybrid mech mod with Elite rda.
authentic-vgod-pro-mech-2-hybrid-mechanical-mod-elite-rda-kit-black-delrin-copper-stainless-steel-1-x-18650-24mm-dia-4.jpg

Hybrid mechs are extremely dangerous if you don't know to use them.See that gold pin at the bottom of the rda?
It is protruding from that silver case (510 trhead).Don't you dare even to think to put another atomizer with a not protruding pin onto your mech.You might short-circuit the battery and believe me you don't want that!

Quote from Baditude's Blog:
"Hybrid look" mods ( or "faux hybrids", "direct battery", or mods with "hybrid style adapters") have a 510 connection without a positive center pin.(Look that hole at the top of your mech) Using a "hybrid look" mod safely requires an atomizer with an "extended positive center pin" connection. The extended positive contact (center pin) on the atomizer touches the positive end of the battery, completing the circuit. Using an improper (common) atomizer can have disastrous consequences by creating a hard short. There are more explosions with this type of mod than any other. This is likely because novice users are unaware that they must use an atomizer with an extended center pin. They use a regular atomizer tank which will eventually hard short the battery. The battery vents gas into the mod, and if it has nowhere to escape the mod becomes a pipe bomb.

Quote from Baditude's Blog: READ IT!
full

Your mech has vent holes at the bottom.Be sure you always put your battery with positive down to the bottom.Positive at batteries is marked +
th

Watch this video (Includes build tutorial)

To help you understand how a mech works with simple words,have a seat and lets get started :pop:

Mechanical mods have no power regulation or variable power adjustments, and no built-in safety features. The electrical current available to the atomizer will be strictly what voltage the battery has available at the time.

The cells we use are 4.2v fully charged.When using a mechanical you should always use 4.2v when calculating battery amp demand.Use Ohm's Law: I=V/R

With mech mods, the coil resistance determines the current drawn from the battery.Imagine the current (amps) is water.Imagine 4.2 volt is high pressure. Now you put one 0.78 ohm coil into your rda.Imagine this coil is a hose.

Now you press fire button.Hose opens and suck water.Your coil(Hose) is pulling great amount of water due the high pressure.The lower the resistance of your build the wider the hose and the more water(amps) it sucks.

When you put two 0.78 ohm coils on your rda is like you put two hoses.Now you hit fire button and the double amount of water pass through the hoses.:thumb: This is happening because water now has half resistance to "fight".
So imagine that these two coils became one large coil that is 0.39 ohm. 0.78/2=0.39

With a charged battery (4.2 volt) you are pulling I=V/R <=> I=4.2/0.39 <=> I = 10.76 amps
P=V²/R <=> P= 4.2²/0.39 <=> P = 45.23 watt
With this build you can safely use the Samsung 30Q due it has 15A cdr.

As you vape voltage drops.The more it drop the lesser the pressure of water.The lesser the amps and the lesser the watts that hit your coils.When you notice enough decrease in vapor production,pull out battery and charge it.
Generally at around 3.6 volt.

If a battery has torn wrap,change it.
If you drop a battery on the floor,change it.
Never use coils that are made by titanium (Ti 1)or nickel (Ni200) with a mech,:danger:

Take care:thumbs:

Last edited:

Pierre Marios

Mar 28, 2019
France,paris
You have this kit which is VGOD hybrid mech mod with Elite rda.
authentic-vgod-pro-mech-2-hybrid-mechanical-mod-elite-rda-kit-black-delrin-copper-stainless-steel-1-x-18650-24mm-dia-4.jpg

Hybrid mechs are extremely dangerous if you don't know to use them.See that gold pin at the bottom of the rda?
It is protruding from that silver case (510 trhead).Don't you dare even to think to put another atomizer with a not protruding pin onto your mech.You might short-circuit the battery and believe me you don't want that!

Quote from Baditude's Blog:
"Hybrid look" mods ( or "faux hybrids", "direct battery", or mods with "hybrid style adapters") have a 510 connection without a positive center pin.(Look that hole at the top of your mech) Using a "hybrid look" mod safely requires an atomizer with an "extended positive center pin" connection. The extended positive contact (center pin) on the atomizer touches the positive end of the battery, completing the circuit. Using an improper (common) atomizer can have disastrous consequences by creating a hard short. There are more explosions with this type of mod than any other. This is likely because novice users are unaware that they must use an atomizer with an extended center pin. They use a regular atomizer tank which will eventually hard short the battery. The battery vents gas into the mod, and if it has nowhere to escape the mod becomes a pipe bomb.

Quote from Baditude's Blog: READ IT!
full

Your mech has vent holes at the bottom.Be sure you always put your battery with positive down to the bottom.Positive at batteries is marked +
th

Watch this video (Includes build tutorial)

To help you understand how a mech works with simple words,have a seat and lets get started :pop:

Mechanical mods have no power regulation or variable power adjustments, and no built-in safety features. The electrical current available to the atomizer will be strictly what voltage the battery has available at the time.

The cells we use are 4.2v fully charged.When using a mechanical you should always use 4.2v when calculating battery amp demand.Use Ohm's Law: I=V/R

With mech mods, the coil resistance determines the current drawn from the battery.Imagine the current (amps) is water.Imagine 4.2 volt is high pressure. Now you put one 0.78 ohm coil into your rda.Imagine this coil is a hose.

Now you press fire button.Hose opens and suck water.Your coil(Hose) is pulling great amount of water due the high pressure.The lower the resistance of your build the wider the hose and the more water(amps) it sucks.

When you put two 0.78 ohm coils on your rda is like you put two hoses.Now you hit fire button and the double amount of water pass through the hoses.:thumb: This is happening because water now has half resistance to "fight".
So imagine that these two coils became one large coil that is 0.39 ohm. 0.78/2=0.39

With a charged battery (4.2 volt) you are pulling I=V/R <=> I=4.2/0.39 <=> I = 10.76 amps
P=V²/R <=> P= 4.2²/0.39 <=> P = 45.23 watt
With this build you can safely use the Samsung 30Q due it has 15A cdr.

As you vape voltage drops.The more it drop the lesser the pressure of water.The lesser the amps and the lesser the watts that hit your coils.When you notice enough decrease in vapor production,pull out battery and charge it.
Generally at around 3.6 volt.

If a battery has torn wrap,change it.
If you drop a battery on the floor,change it.
Never use coils that are made by titanium (Ti 1)or nickel (Ni200) with a mech,:danger:

Take care:thumbs:

Wow you really killed it can you recommend me a good type of coil for a mech mods?

• Agree
Reactions: charlie1465
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread