My reo mini is 2 years old and I broke it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Well I got a hair up my you-know-what and decided to give my reo mini a thorough cleaning and tried to take it apart per the repair video instructions. I have a Reo Mini I bought back in 2011 and I tried to remove the firing lever/metal piece that is on the positive pole of the connector... I should have paid better attention to the video because the darn thing wouldn't come off, i tore up the rubber around it and then after getting really frustrated I took some pliers and took it off. Now its deformed beyond recognition, 100% my fault, not blaming rob or anyone.

What I would like to know though is when Rob is going to have the repair kits for the mini 1.0 (? 14500) back in stock. My mini hadn't been firing very well, so I wanted to clean it, and saw that my delrin button was also melted on the side where it pushes down the positive contact thing.

Knowing all this would it be better to send it all in for rob to fix (I know its my fault and will have to pay, how much though?) or just wait for the repair kit to come back in stock?

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Well I got a hair up my you-know-what and decided to give my reo mini a thorough cleaning and tried to take it apart per the repair video instructions. I have a Reo Mini I bought back in 2011 and I tried to remove the firing lever/metal piece that is on the positive pole of the connector... I should have paid better attention to the video because the darn thing wouldn't come off, i tore up the rubber around it and then after getting really frustrated I took some pliers and took it off. Now its deformed beyond recognition, 100% my fault, not blaming rob or anyone.

What I would like to know though is when Rob is going to have the repair kits for the mini 1.0 (? 14500) back in stock. My mini hadn't been firing very well, so I wanted to clean it, and saw that my delrin button was also melted on the side where it pushes down the positive contact thing.

Knowing all this would it be better to send it all in for rob to fix (I know its my fault and will have to pay, how much though?) or just wait for the repair kit to come back in stock?

Awww :) I do stuff like that all the time :blush: Just send Rob a message, I'm sure he just needs to update the stock and probably has them in the shop. But given it's age...it might be a good idea to send it in for a thorough tune up.

Last edited:

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You know you just can't beat that for an almost brand new REO!! DANNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG You ROCK DUDE!!
I will add more kits to the site today . I would send it in I can completely rebuild the mod . $23 plus shipping You can have it shipped back for $2 in a padded envelope first class or priority mail

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Don't feel too bad. Lots of us seasoned REO vets have done bad things to our REOs. First time I've disclosed this.... I was rebuilding a vintage Silver Mini 1.0 and went overboard and dug out the silicone insulation that the pressed-in fitting goes through. I did this a year ago. It has to go to spa for Robert to remove the pressed-in fitting, repack the space, and install a new pressed-in fitting before it can even be rebuilt!!!!! That was a major DUH!!!!!

BTW... It is really nice to have back-ups especially the Silver Anodized, my work-horses.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread