my reomizer post spun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusa

Aug 9, 2012
Cleveland
Should I be concerned? I had sent a message to the mod father a week ago but maybe he is on the red eye somewhere on vacation.
Anyhoo, I had tightened it back with needle nose I don't crank stuff down so I don't know why it happened or if this is a defect someone let me know if this has happened to them? It seems ok now but Im sure in the future it will piss me off and loosen.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Should I be concerned? I had sent a message to the mod father a week ago but maybe he is on the red eye somewhere on vacation.
Anyhoo, I had tightened it back with needle nose I don't crank stuff down so I don't know why it happened or if this is a defect someone let me know if this has happened to them? It seems ok now but Im sure in the future it will piss me off and loosen.

I hear their threaded. So you probably did right. Makes me wonder, if their threaded, can you take them out? If so, in instances where the holes are not in the alignment people want, can you swap one post with the other and achieve correct alignment?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

The rebuild video shows how to tighten that center post. I have not heard of it spinning and causing a problem before. Watch the video and listen to Robert telling how to get it tight.

Kusa

Aug 9, 2012
Cleveland
Nerak not the reo itself. The reomizer rebuildable atomizer No probs with the reo and don't think I will seeing any probs with that I already bought a rebuild kit for it in the instance that happens Its the post on the reomizer that spun and next time it spins maybe i'll take it out and see what it is all about but for now i will leave well eneough alone Just wanted to hear from the modfather on this

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
they should make those posts solid in the future No?

That would be a good idea & RBAs that do have solid posts have friction fit (pressed in) posts. That can be an issue depending on the QC of the manufactuerer and materials used.

Many RBAs use brass posts to reduce cost & is easier to machine. But there are RBAs that have SS posts. I have Phoenix v4s that have SS bases with brass friction fit posts. Some of them come loose. To fix them I remove the posts, clamp them in a vise of pliers to put serrations on the posts, them press back in with red Loctite. Problemed solved for me but not everyone is able to do this & they shouldn't have too. I also have Squid RBAs which is all brass & posts construction, the posts are rock solid & I never had one come loose.

I do like the idea of threaded posts as if offers some adjustability & the ability to be fully disassembled (not important to most though). Then there's always the issue of the wire holes being drilled in the posts for proper alignment. At least with threaded posts this can be adjusted, if the posts were pressed in & not loose then you pretty much have to live with it.

Keep in mind that Robert doesn't actually manufacture the RM2 so that part was really not up to him, he makes the RBAs into RM2s. I hope & have a feeling that may change though one day with new versions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread