My Smok Mag just broke.... Need a new Mod Box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
For high wattage vaping the steamcrave Hadron looks dammed tempting and interesting.
http://www.steamcrave.com/hadron220-p00080p1.html

Plus you can go and say to folks that looks like a vape mod, only smaller.

But dual 21700 will keep any high wattage user happy all day, and the yet to be released Squonk addon is an interesting idea indeed. As it's kind of 2 mods for the price of one.

And with the uncertainty over vaping in the US, Squonking with an rda is relatively easy to do. And you can get a lot of decent clone/copy high end RDA's for very reasonable prices. And wire and wicking is easy to source and cheap.
High quality hand wound coils are also an option. Killer coils are superb.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    im new in the vape world and i was not aware that smok is overprice garbagexD i was tempted too by a mag mod
    the smok mag look is fire:evil:
    It's all a matter of personal opinion. I use the Smok mag 225w and I love it. I purchased it for 49.99, which is about what you'd pay for most other mods, so I wouldn't say it's overpriced.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Just no, not SMOK. Not ever if possible.

As with a vape mod, aesthetics are of less concern than reliability and performance.

The following image is a prime example of SMOK mods.

The_Golden_Turd_Rapture.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    She didn't follow my advice for the magazine/sled fix I did so it eventually wore out beyond repair.

The Mag magazine always reminds me of this genius. Not Smok's fault for his chosen way to "fix" the broke/worn magazine, but I'm always reminded of this video...

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Sorry folks, but I believe that if you pay good money for a product it should serve you well.

And there's thread on a forum somewhere that goes on about the design compromises of a SMOK mod, the engineer noted that it was basically designed to fail.

Then there's the exploding SMOK pen/stick mod on YouTube that @Baditude has posted and posts frequently.

Reactions: Baditude

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    Sorry folks, but I believe that if you pay good money for a product it should serve you well.

And there's thread on a forum somewhere that goes on about the design compromises of a SMOK mod, the engineer noted that it was basically designed to fail.

Then there's the exploding SMOK pen/stick mod on YouTube that @Baditude has posted and posts frequently.
    I would be interested in seeing both of these.

I suspend judgement until I've heard the argument, but I don't know how much you hang out on Reddit. You will find a fair number of "spontaneously exploding" non Smok devices. i don't blame the other companies either once you pry some answers out of the "victims."

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    And yes, devices can fail and fail spectacularly.

But one thing that can certainly contribute towards things is running the wrong resistance with the wrong batteries, but that's where we have @Mooch helping us to vape more safely with his battery tests and listings.

And another is not turning off or locking a mod when it's stowed in a pocket or bag.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    And yes, devices can fail and fail spectacularly.

But one thing that can certainly contribute towards things is running the wrong resistance with the wrong batteries, but that's where we have @Mooch helping us to vape more safely with his battery tests and listings.

And another is not turning off or locking a mod when it's stowed in a pocket or bag.
    In a couple cases, but one case in particular, it turned out the guy was using some no name batteries he got on Ebay.

• Agree
    Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Or too many mAh capacity and not enough Amps CDR ( Constant Discharge Rate).

And rewraps are terrible, as some of the ratings are outrageous lies.

And of course never buy batteries from Amazon, Ebay or Fasttech. Only from a reputable reseller.

And you can't go wrong with properly rated cells from Samsung or LG. I have heard good things about Molicel, but I'm unable to comment as I've never used them.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have one SMOK 200W dual battery mod that I bought many years ago. It never had a problem, but I stuck it in a box in the closet sans batteries and that's where it has been for 5 or 6 years. Newer mods and the videos of flareups in SMOK mods triggered a desire for change!

That said, many of the videos where we see flareups and explosions were the fault of the owner. No mod can prevent misuse. Cells with torn wraps must be rewrapped or trashed. If you trash a cell, wrap it end to end with duct tape to prevent a short in the trash can.

ORILIYAT

Moved On
    Nov 21, 2019
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Hidden spam

gsmit1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2018
    I am looking for anything, preferably Smok but not going to be picky if the price is right... That will allow me to continue using my Uwell Valerian Tanks w/ the .15 resistance and 95-125 watt coils. The coils my tank uses are the Uwell UWC-VAL20 and I've always loved them!
    Any dual battery mod will do that. However, the Valaryian is getting kinda tough to find coils for and they were expensive to begin with. Only the .15 option too.

How much money are looking to spend and where do you live?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread