My Sx350 mini 60/120 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serialk1llr

Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Howdy folks! Long time lurker, recently registered, brand new to DIY modding. A bit about me - I smoked off an on for 20+ years (I was a 2-3 sport athlete so I was fortunate to never get 'addicted' to analogues) and recently (October 2014) put analogues down permanently when I decided to really focus on getting into shape (motivated by other health concerns). I never considered vaping before, but a brother of mine got into it, got of the cancer sticks and made me aware of the vaping world. While most folks vape to get off cigarettes, I found it most useful for me to satisfy my sweet tooth and put junk food down permanently. The net result is that I've lost 90lbs so far, with another 45lbs to go. All that success

One of the reasons I've decided to dive into the DIY modding world is I love to tinker, create, fabricate and make new things. I'm a knowledge sponge and get bored when I'm not doing something new. Electricity has always been a mystery to me and I thought this would be a golden opportunity to roll up the sleeves and learn a new skill.

Last edited:

Serialk1llr

Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
And so here I am - a basket of parts, a can do attitude and a willingness to read, experiment and learn. That said, I also want to enter this hobby safely. I've seen enough horror pictures to have a healthy paranoia of Li batteries.

My need: I have a very muted sense of taste and smell due to year-round allergies (curse you, genetics). I've found I get the best flavor from sub-ohm dripping. My personal experience has been on my bros Sigelei 150w with a Plume Veil clone, .5ohm coil at about 30-35watts. My first Mod was a istick 15w running Nautilus Aspire tanks, but once I tried a dripper the damn thing's been in my mind every, single, day. Flavor is night and day different. So I guess that makes me a flavor chaser. I've no interest in cloud chasing at all.

The Build: Planning on a dual 18650 (Sony VTC4s) regulated box mod using the YiHi SX350 mini 60w/120w chip housed in translucent 1/8" amber colored acrylic. More fragile than a Hammond box, but like I said I like to fabricate and having all the guts exposed to the naked eye tickles my fancy.

Serialk1llr

Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
If it all works as planned, i'm going to get my old man off the cancer sticks. I figured getting him involved in this project is a start.

My parts list:
SX350 Mini chip
Keystone 1049 dual 18650 sled
2x Sony VTC4 batteries
E-Switch 16mm illuminated anti-vandal switch
FatDaddy 510 connector
FatDaddy voltage meter display
generic tactile switches from Mouser
fuses (still learning about these but they'll be PTC)

As soon as I get my post count up, I'll post my wiring diagram for comments

nitrostx

Aug 29, 2013
NYC
I just saw this post. I see it's pretty old, but at least there is a reply from this year. I was looking up information on building a regulated chip mod for myself (SX 350 variety). Why would fuses be necessary on a regulated mod... just as a safety feature so you don't blow out the chip? From the diagram, the fuses are inline after the batteries and before the chip. I have never seen the inside of a regulated mod (box or tube), are there fuses inside them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread