My SX350 Mod- Constructive Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClusterOne

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 11, 2014
United States
I have developed a box mod with the SX350 chipset using an 18650 battery (I'm working on a 18500 also) named "Eclipse" by Marooned. It's made of airplane grade aluminum. I have attached photos. The color shown is white but also done in black, dark plum & polished aluminum. If you have any other suggestions, I'm open. The photo also shows a button we were testing with but have sense gone to a stainless steel flat button. More photos to come when produced.

Exotic woods are used for the back. Wood varies based on box color used. I'm also interested if people like the tilt feature of the SX350 or if they prefer buttons. The image shown has the buttons added but they are hidden under the main back panel.

The dimensions are:
1.96"w x 3.41"t x .89" d

I'm looking for constructive feedback..questions..or concerns. Thank you

Front.jpg Side copy.jpg Back copy.jpg

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I think it looks nice with the metal and wood combo. Is it the 100w sx350 or the 50w sx350 chip? Did you consider a dual 18650? If so what was the reason for the single?

When is it available? How many are in the production run?

I am used to buttons, but I imagine the tilt feature would be easy to get used to as well. My concern with the gravity sensor would be if it is easy to get adjusted when you do not want it adjusted.

Interested in seeing more on this box though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread