My tank caught fire during cab-drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brat1111

Sep 21, 2018

Hello fellow vapers.

I just wanted to tell you guys about something that happened to me today.

The Vaporesso Cascade tank caught fire when I was inside a taxi, the mod and tank were in my jacket and I had to hold it out the window because so much smoke was coming out of it, before dropping it down a manhole as soon as I arrived at my destination.

I am so disappointed right now.

If you are considering buying this ....ty tank, please think twice before doing so because it is a fire hazard.

Anyways, guys... Just a word of advice from me, peace out !

Attachments

• vc01.jpg
    vc01.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Eskie

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
1. Please don’t use grey on white type it’s pretty near unreadable
2. I can quite confidently say that The tank was not the problem. It was a battery short of some sort. Possibly due to fake or abused batteries, misuse of a mech mod, or a defect of the mod itself. It IS possible that if the 510 connector did not have a protruding center pin AND you put the thing into a hybrid mech mod you COULD short the battery. That is still not the fault of the tank though. That’s misuse of a mech mod.

brat1111

Sep 21, 2018
1. Please don’t use grey on white type it’s pretty near unreadable
2. I can quite confidently say that The tank was not the problem. It was a battery short of some sort. Possibly due to fake or abused batteries, misuse of a mech mod, or a defect of the mod itself. It IS possible that if the 510 connector did not have a protruding center pin AND you put the thing into a hybrid mech mod you COULD short the battery. That is still not the fault of the tank though. That’s misuse of a mech mod.
I have genuine LG HG2 batteries. There has never been a problem with my wismec rx 300 mod before, using other tanks.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I have genuine LG HG2 batteries. There has never been a problem with my wismec rx 300 mod before, using other tanks.
Doesn’t sound like a battery vent then. More like a constant on issue. That still couldn’t be the fault of a tank though that would be a mod getting a stuck on button combined a pcb board failure. The mod should shut off after 10 seconds of firing even if a button sticks. If it wasn’t a mod failure the device would have to have overheated to a dangerous level and ignited the cotton in less than ten seconds, which bluntly is kind of pushing the laws of physics even if the coil was bone dry. The only possible way I can think of for it to be a tank failure is if a fake coil was put in and the coil was dry. Still not vapresso’s fault though. It’s back to user error again.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
-wismec rx 300
-LG HG2 genuine batteries
-I vape at 200 watts on the gt 8 coil

So what you're saying is 'don't abuse hardware'?

Untitled.png

From the site:

Regulated mod caveat
As the battery drains in a regulated mod, the battery voltage goes down. As a result, the mod must draw more current in order to maintain the set voltage or power. In other words, as battery voltage goes down, battery current goes up. This is the opposite of what happens with mechanical mods, and somewhat unintuitive.

Don't rely on the "best case scenario" where the batteries are full, when you make calculations for regulated mods. It is safer to assume a battery voltage of 3.5V, or even lower, depending on how low the mod will go before it demands a new charge.

Again, with mech mods the opposite is true: The current drops as the voltage drops. So with mechs, it is safest to assume a full battery when you're doing these calculations.

Oh yeah forgot to mention. Cotton burns. 200W is a lot to put through a metal coil touching flammable cotton. I know this is a regulated device and resistance doesn't factor into amp draw, but it's an extreme usage case and it's abusing the hardware and batteries.

Last edited:

brat1111

Sep 21, 2018
Doesn’t sound like a battery vent then. More like a constant on issue. That still couldn’t be the fault of a tank though that would be a mod getting a stuck on button combined a pcb board failure. The mod should shut off after 10 seconds of firing even if a button sticks. If it wasn’t a mod failure the device would have to have overheated to a dangerous level and ignited the cotton in less than ten seconds, which bluntly is kind of pushing the laws of physics even if the coil was bone dry. The only possible way I can think of for it to be a tank failure is if a fake coil was put in and the coil was dry. Still not vapresso’s fault though. It’s back to user error again.
The coil was original, it was pre-installed with the tank. it says max 200 w on the coil.

brat1111

Sep 21, 2018
So what you're saying is 'don't abuse hardware'?

View attachment 778229

From the site:

Oh yeah forgot to mention. Cotton burns. 200W is a lot to put through a metal coil touching flammable cotton. I know this is a regulated device and resistance doesn't factor into amp draw, but it's an extreme usage case and it's abusing the hardware and batteries.
I vape at 225 watts on the tfv12 on the same mod. Never a problem for the four LG batteries.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The coils was original, it was pre-installed with the tank. it says max 200 w on the coil.
I’m not familiar enough with cascade coils to tell you whether or not they make a coil that can handle 200w. It’s doubtful but possible I suppose. Assuming you read the coil correctly though it still means it was the wismec that blew up not the cascade tank.

Reactions: Baditude

brat1111

Sep 21, 2018
I’m not familiar enough with cascade coils to tell you whether or not they make a coil that can handle 200w. It’s doubtful but possible I suppose. Assuming you read the coil correctly though it still means it was the wismec that blew up not the cascade tank.
It says max 200 watts on the coil itself so it's very possible, indeed.

• Informative
Reactions: Eskie

brat1111

Sep 21, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread