Not open for further replies.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Well,

As many of you know my new SL/LP grand arrived today and I wanted to give my thoughts on it.

First off, this, as do all new Reos I believe, has the upgraded contact, spring, button etc. It's a noticeable difference between this and my other Reos with the older parts. I'm going to have to drop my nic levl or increase the resistance of my coil or something. It hits hard! Which is a good thing. You can always take away, it's hard to add more.

Mine is an anodized black (who would have guessed the color :) ) and I had initial concerns about it slipping from my hands as I'm used to the black wrinkle finish which kind of gives you some traction. I love the anodized finish on this and with the holes there are no concerns that this is going to drop from my hands. Much less likely to do so than my other black wrinkle finished Reos. There's holes on front, back and sides so no matter how you hold it you have something to keep it from slipping.

Speaking of the holes. Very nice job on the placement. They line up front to back and side to side, no sloppiness here. Enough taken out to really make it feel lighter in your hands but not too much taken out to compromise structural integrity. The holes in the front let you play a little bit with your battery color as well. I've got a black Orbtronic in there now that has a shiny chrome label from top to bottom and it shines through the holes. Or I could use my green MNKEs or Sonys. Or red AWs. Or rotate the Orb so that only black is showing. So in addition to the color options available on the Reo itself you can play with the colors inside the unit.

Looking at the holes, you can see how much metal is in a Reo. I was shocked to see how thick the body really is. A lesser quality product could have been made shaving half the metal off of it and still be superior to other mods. Rob builds some solid stuff, that's for sure! I bet I could put this face down and run my Jeep over it and it'd still vape like new. I'm going to try it one day with a bit of cardboard under the Reo just to see, I'll let you know how it works out but this thing is solid as can be.

Each of my Reos are different. When I said I'd not buy another after my first what I *really* meant was that I wouldn't buy an exact duplicate of what I already had :) (Just wanted to clear that up..) And they're all great. The new SL/LP is a great addition both aesthetically and functionally (the LP part).

No disappointment in the LP RM either. It's the same as a RM2 without the milling at the bottom to make the RM2 fit in the catch well. If you like the RM2 you'll like the LP version.

So all in all, this is a winner. Really glad I added it to my collection. Shipping was super fast, the order was exactly as I placed it. I just have nothing negative to say!

Score: 10/10 all the way around. I couldn't be more pleased!

For any newcomers thinking about getting their first Reo, go for it! It's a good, solid mod that will last a lifetime. I don't believe you'd be disappointed. And if you are there are a ton of folks who'd be happy to buy it from you in a heartbeat.

Edit: there was supposed to be a pic in this post, don't know what happened to it.... See below for another pic.

Last edited:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
JC_ThankYou.gif
for the excellent review. Enjoyed reading it. So glad you received it so fast. I think more pictures would have been a nice touch here. You know I love me some reo pics. :D

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
Well,

...Looking at the holes, you can see how much metal is in a Reo. I was shocked to see how thick the body really is. A lesser quality product could have been made shaving half the metal off of it and still be superior to other mods. Rob builds some solid stuff, that's for sure! I bet I could put this face down and run my Jeep over it and it'd still vape like new.....

This wass my thought exactly, these REO's will outlast any other APV on the market. I'm glad your likeing your new SL! This was a great review. My SL is all I use now, all my buddies were amazed by it, and kept calling it "Industrial Looking".

We need some sort of badge for this new club we're in :D

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
JC_ThankYou.gif
for the excellent review. Enjoyed reading it. So glad you received it so fast. I think more pictures would have been a nice touch here. You know I love me some reo pics. :D

Well, I told you last night paybacks would be coming in the way I posted the pic of my reo :) Was damn near tempted to drop it down by my toes, after painting my toe nails black and taking a pic that way. I will find a way to post some better pics though. Just for you!

BetterSLPic.jpg

There is that better? I don't know how to get them to upload here in a larger size so that's the best I can do for now....

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
What a great review! It's a sharp looking new companion!

Thanks Paula. It is sharp indeed, if I may say so myself. :) Glad you enjoyed the review. Credit given where/when due!

I don't have those videoooo skills that Russ has but I'm not bad with the written word. I need to find out what gear and software he' using so I can maybe add a bit more to help folks out. I bet he'd be willing to be my mentor :) He's such a cool guy!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Thanks Paula. It is sharp indeed, if I may say so myself. :) Glad you enjoyed the review. Credit given where/when due!

I don't have those videoooo skills that Russ has but I'm not bad with the written word. I need to find out what gear and software he' using so I can maybe add a bit more to help folks out. I bet he'd be willing to be my mentor :) He's such a cool guy!

Russ will gladly give you the Kanthal off his back, Fleet...

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Each of my Reos are different. When I said I'd not buy another after my first what I *really* meant was that I wouldn't buy an exact duplicate of what I already had :) (Just wanted to clear that up..) And they're all great. The new SL/LP is a great addition both aesthetically and functionally (the LP part).

I remember saying I would only buy 1 REO, what I really meant was 1 per week ;)

Great review B6, looking forward to seeing your first video review one day :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Fleet, you'd laugh if you saw my video setup bro. Here it is:

iPhone 5
Desktop tripod
Movie pro (for video)
iMovie (for editing and voice overs)
You tube for text overlays
My goofy ...

Just let me know if I can help out. Using that simple setup It's like RBing A's - if I can do it anyone can :)

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Fleet, you'd laugh if you saw my video setup bro. Here it is:

iPhone 5
Desktop tripod
Movie pro (for video)
iMovie (for editing and voice overs)
You tube for text overlays
My goofy ...

Just let me know if I can help out. Using that simple setup It's like RBing A's - if I can do it anyone can :)

Thanks Russ, I appreciate it. I'll have to make substitutions as I'm on a Windows PC. Also use an Android phone and tablet but the cameras on both aren't that good. So I'll have to find something else. But, you know what? You've already covered it all :) Wouldn't want to be redundant... Still, my son would love a set-up like that. He loves watching vids on youtube that are game walkthroughs. Unfortunately some of them contain language inappropriate so I had to stop that. He would love to make his own though so maybe I'll cobble something together for him and if it works out ok I might use it if I have something to offer that you haven't done already.

Thanks again!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks Russ, I appreciate it. I'll have to make substitutions as I'm on a Windows PC. Also use an Android phone and tablet but the cameras on both aren't that good. So I'll have to find something else. But, you know what? You've already covered it all :) Wouldn't want to be redundant... Still, my son would love a set-up like that. He loves watching vids on youtube that are game walkthroughs. Unfortunately some of them contain language inappropriate so I had to stop that. He would love to make his own though so maybe I'll cobble something together for him and if it works out ok I might use it if I have something to offer that you haven't done already.

Thanks again!

I hear you bro. We've had to block my 12 year old from most social media, music apps and you tube because he gravitates towards stuff we don't want him to be hearing / seeing yet. Sucks. We started with just warnings but they weren't heeded. So they were removed / blocked. Our philosophy when we got iPads for them was to use social media to communicate with friends and cousins in Florida. His philosophy is to seek out strangers and their content. Even to this day he will abuse the apps if permitted to have them, mostly watching vulgar ghetto rap vids, game vids (yes with much obscenities) and kicking random strangers he thinks are pretty girls his age).

Conversely my 11 year old daughter has had all apps and you tube since she's been 9 and has not abused it. She uses it to look at crafts and nail how to's.

Yes I use my phone for everything except if I want to do text overlays - like my last vid. On that I used YouTube on my windows PC :)

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
Gosh darn it Black6host. I wish you hadn't posted such great pictures of that new LP with anodized finish and gave it such a great review. Since I'm going to have an extra LP RM after tomorrow when my brass one gets delivered, I had another weak moment and ordered the last one like you got from Rob this morning. Now I am done for a while!! I actually wanted another one for another juice I want to use daily. Great review BTW.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Gosh darn it Black6host. I wish you hadn't posted such great pictures of that new LP with anodized finish and gave it such a great review. Since I'm going to have an extra LP RM after tomorrow when my brass one gets delivered, I had another weak moment and ordered the last one like you got from Rob this morning. Now I am done for a while!! I actually wanted another one for another juice I want to use daily. Great review BTW.

You're going to love it! Now that's two here on this thread that have ordered. Sorry to make you folks part with your hard earned cash :)

Hopefully you'll be able to take better pics than I did and post 'em up when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread