My Vaping Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I raised the vape to my mouth. The thought "Hmm, this doesn't feel quite like it usually does." filtered slowly through my brain. Oh, so slowly. Before it had the chance to reach a neuron that took interest, I pressed fire.

YEEEOOOW! I hurled my mod to my desk. I swore. Then I swore more.

The funny feeling? Oh, that would have been the brush of the bare coil I was rewicking against my lip.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I raised the vape to my mouth. The thought "Hmm, this doesn't feel quite like it usually does." filtered slowly through my brain. Oh, so slowly. Before it had the chance to reach a neuron that took interest, I pressed fire.

The funny feeling? Oh, that would have been the brush of the bare coil I was rewicking against my lip.
I've done that exactly once --ouch and twice I had refilled my tank and did not yet put the top-cap with mouthpiece back on - must have gotten distracted, picked up my vape, pushed the button and got a mouthful of warm juice.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Ya, it happens once in a while. But my bet is it will never happen to you again :)

I dripped for a while but never nailed my lip. I did get my finger good once (and it never happened again) :rolleyes:

Live and learn :D

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My thumb carried a scar for a few months from one of my first builds.

Ya, but could you count the number of wraps on the coil from it ?!? :p

ixqrnt.jpg

:lol:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yes for several days, 8 wraps. Strangely it quit hurting fairly quickly.

Darn, for a little while there I thought I really was unique :rolleyes:

Mine also didn't hurt for long. I think these burns are not deep enough to be really nasty. The coils are pretty hot at contact but they don't have much mass so they cool down quickly. At least that's my theory.

I still didn't do it again though :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Darn, for a little while there I thought I really was unique :rolleyes:

Mine also didn't hurt for long. I think these burns are not deep enough to be really nasty. The coils are pretty hot at contact but they don't have much mass so they cool down quickly. At least that's my theory.

I still didn't do it again though :)
More like callus than a burn. I did toast a fingernail a couple of times after that. Those were smelly.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I find it strange all of you who burn your fingers as I do that on purpose. .. lol

I actually do too, it's a weird habit I have but after pulsing my coil, while I'm waiting for the coil to cool enough to wick it, I check how cool it is by touching it with my finger - I do this especially when I'm not in take my time mode..

So, periodically I can tell just how impatient I am.. lol.

But it doesn't hurt, from cooking and baking I've burned myself often enough that at some point over the last 40 years it stopped hurting...

To the OP.. OUCH! You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread