What’s your worst experience related to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
I started vaping on January 2019 with a Juul device and got hooked on it more then smoking.Really like Juul and vaping.Then I started to upgrade into open pod system as Juul is expensive lol,even though I think if I had stick with Juul,I would have spent less money on vape...reason being I liked to buy different vape devices and test it.

My worst experience is actually not spending money on vape(even though it is also a bad thing).My worst experience on vaping is actually nicotine poisoning/overdosing.When I first using a juul,which after two weeks of continuous use,I started to get nauseous,vomiting.At first,i felt stomach feeling weird,after a while increase saliva,feeling nauseous afterward then the worst part come which is vomiting a lot.Since January,I have had 4-5 Episode of Nicotine poisoning due to vaping and a couple due to nicotine gum and patches...probably because of my lack of knowledge of nicotine and vaping in general.I found out that I cannot be using nicotine salt,which is sold minimum 20-50mg at max.I tried 25mg,I still get nic sick after 4-5 days which also resulted in vomiting in the end.Now I have a little knowledge and experience on vaping,I am using only 6mg freebase,on pod system and got my first mod to try out early next week.So...this is personally my worst experience regard vaping...

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Mine was when I jumped on an early bandwagon temp control mod and tank/coils. It seemed like such a cool idea, so I had to try it. The nickle and I did not get along. Stomach pains, and various other symptoms I never had vaping on Kanthal coils. I do use TC today, but with SS316L coils. I don't have any known nickle skin allergy, but I won't be trying nickle coils ever again.

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
I had a Kanger clapton coil loose because I'd accidentally popped 2 out last time I'd changed one. Being relatively new to drop in coils I thought wrapping it up in a sandwich bag would protect it for when I needed it. When I eventually used it, I inhaled smoke (not vapour, actual smoke) from what I can imagine was all the dust and rubbish that had built up being burnt off. Awful, and totally my own fault...

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
When I dropped my Aspire Speeder on the floor and cheap plastic clips that held the battery door snapped off.

That time I fell asleep with a Kanger bottom airflow tank laying beside me, and woke up to find it empty and an enormous wet spot on the mattress.

That time I forgot to put the top cap on my Zeus RTA before bringing it to my mouth to vape, and got a mouthful (and shirtful) of e-liquid.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I once pocket carried a mod during really hot weather and had the atty leak in my pocket. I usually vape old EHPRO Kayfun Lite Plus's and have never had an issue with pocket carry. The one that leaked was a Innokin Ares and the top somehow rotated open while I was driving. That's never happened around the house.

Lesson learned! Easy fill tanks are great, but they stay at home these days. That incident brought back not very fond memories of Zippo lighters leaking in my pocket and leaving a red blister. :)

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
got a zeus single deck ultra attached to my mech top cap or conector, tried 5 days in a row to take them apart with less than great results, then had to destroy zeus single base to keep the mech working, got a new zeus single, a few years later GV sent me some samples to review, also i did asked for a replacement deck to purchase, got all items for free, now i have 2 zeus single! lol

Reactions: Eskie

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Probably when a battery exploded in a mod.

In 2012, most of the batteries available for vaping were protected ICR batteries. AW was selling the first unprotected high drain IMR batteries, but the vaper "experts" at the time were telling vapers not to use unprotected batteries. What they weren't telling us (or they didn't know) was the new class of batteries were "safer chemistry" batteries that were not as likely to flame or explode when misused or abused than the protected batteries.

Back to my story, I wore scrubs at work and had put my street clothes into my locker. My mechanical mod was in my pants pocket for safe keeping. What I didn't know was there were other items in my pocket which continuously pressed on the protruding fire button of the mod. The battery became over-discharged, heated up, and exploded. Nearly caused a fire in my locker but I noticed the smell and investigated. The mod was too hot to touch barehanded, so I got a wet towel and removed the tank from the mod to break the electrical circuit. The battery had blown both ends out, and the barrel of the battery had swollen and compressed like it had melted. The pants pocket appeared to have been singed by flames. Not a good pic below, but its the only evidence I have.

330407-f4afdb294813e4c50efd507298ce1f32.jpg

After that unfortunate experience, I did my own research on batteries and found that unprotected IMR batteries were not only a safer option but performed better, too. I was one of the leading advocates to sway vapers away from protected ICR batteries to unprotected IMR batteries. I wrote the original blog "Battery Basics for Mods: IMR Batteries or Protected ICR?" which several online websites published. Within a short two year period it became common wisdom to declare protected ICR batteries to be obsolete for the purpose of vaping.

Last edited:

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Soon after I quit smoking (thanks to vaping) I was riding my scooter and vaping my first real mod (A Zenesis), happy as can be. One of the things I really liked about smoking was taking that last final drag and flicking the .... away from me. Well, it took me a while to break that habit (I went through a lot of replacement Pyrex tanks) and this day was no different except when I flicked my Zen, I happened to be riding next to the front of the Chicago chapter of the Hell's Angels. The Zen caught the lead rider right in the eye and the first six to seven riders went down like domino's. Naturally I stopped and said I was sorry and offered to help but apparently courtesy isn't contagious with this crowd as they yelled "Kill him!" So I hopped on my scooter and took off. I lead them on a medium speed chase down 294 until they caught me at the Tollway Oasis (where I went to fill up. According to the unwritten rules of the highway chase, if someone stops for gas, every one waits and then when he has his gas, the chase continues. It's just like a yellow flag at Indy but apparently biker gangs have a hard time following the rules). They beat me to the tune of Pharrell William's Happy Song that was playing on my handlebar mounted speakers. That was a pretty bad day but the Oasis had a Sbarro's so I comforted my wounds over a few slices of mediocre pizza.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a few. Ordering a bunch of stuff from paypal without checking my address (and it had been a Time) and GEARBEST YES GEARBEST refused to work with me on sending it back even when I offered to pay shipping again. They were like, "It is in the TOS" and it was, but I still HATE them and have never used them again.

Couple dry hits: One priming a Nautilus coil not realizing my Tesla Steampunk spun from 6 watts to 120. It was SUPER unexpected (and not the best priming process) and it SUCKED.

Also, driving in the dark did not lock my legend and it FRIED my Zenith coil because it got up to like 186 watts or something. It was a LONG pull, too. I'm surprised I stayed on the road. The coil was so messed up it would not read the next day!!!! I think worst dry hit ever.

Combining a margarita mix with a gin and tonic mix in the same bottle. It was..... Well, it was one of the very few mixes I did not try to rescue, I just PITCHED it,

Have not tried either of those mixes again yet I think I was a bit traumatized.

Would be good for someone with vapor's tongue probably should have saved it and doled it out LOL

Anna

Reactions: greek mule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread