N00b Question - What is the 'Core Adapter' for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixstringer85

Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Derby, UK
if its what i think it is (which is the adapter to raise the connector pin to above the body of the vtr) it is for your bigger tanks that won't fit through the ring on the VTR.
I think you can fit a protank through the hole but an aspire nautilus tank would not fit through the ring, so you install the adapter which allows you to fit the tank on the top of the vtr. it would look more like the mvp that way, with the tank sitting on top of the box mod.
hope this helps

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi jim and welcome to the forum!

ratizz has it right. It's an adapter that you can put on the iStick that will allow you to use both 510-threaded clearomizers ( the ones with male threads) and ego clearomizers (the ones with female threads) on your device.

You dont need to use it if all you have are 510 clearomizers, but some folks keep it on the iStick anyway to protect the threads in the iStick. That way, if they strip the threads, it's just the inexpensive adapter that they have to replace, not the iStick.

Hope that helps and Happy Vaping!

sixstringer85

Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Derby, UK
View attachment 402592
Hi jim and welcome to the forum!

ratizz has it right. It's an adapter that you can put on the iStick that will allow you to use both 510-threaded clearomizers ( the ones with male threads) and ego clearomizers (the ones with female threads) on your device.

You dont need to use it if all you have are 510 clearomizers, but some folks keep it on the iStick anyway to protect the threads in the iStick. That way, if they strip the threads, it's just the inexpensive adapter that they have to replace, not the iStick.

Hope that helps and Happy Vaping!

Pretty sure he said he had a itaste VTR. not an istick

sixstringer85

Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Derby, UK
Well, I can thread it in to the VTR body, then thread the clearomizer on to the cone adapter, so unless the other clearomizers have a greater diameter, I don't see a purpose.

yeah mate, you can get loads of clearomisers that wouldn't fit through the ring at the top of the VTR. thats what the adapter is for.
Curiously, what clearo are you using?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
yeah mate, you can get loads of clearomisers that wouldn't fit through the ring at the top of the VTR. thats what the adapter is for.
Curiously, what clearo are you using?

^^^That's the main reason I never purchased the VTR. Not many tanks that can slip through the ring. And since was primarily into rba's, it just proved to selective. When shopping for me first regulated, was a top contender, but not out yet, so went with the Provari.

They done some improvements in the last year, basically if you can vape it without it, then you don't need it, if not, then likely you do...... or something like that.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

Jim255

Jan 7, 2015
London, UK
Thanks for all the great replies, you lovely bunch of Vapers!

As I am new to vaping, I have a lot to learn regarding modifications and power settings. I am happy with the standard tank which came with the VTR, although the vapour is a little warm. I'll see how I go.

As I only have one tank at the moment (more on order), I have bought 5 coil heads. The idea is that when I finish a tank, I can strip and clean it, but keep the coil head in a small plastic screw top tube for the next time I go to that flavour e-juice. This way the flavours don't get mixed. Variety is the spice of life, and all that!

Just trying Bubblegum e-liquid, and it's rather pleasant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread