Nailed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
My second attempt at diy juice was a success! I purchased a different scale and different bottles and after trying it, the taste is PERFECT.
Want to thank everyone who took the time out to help this extreme nooooob. Really appreciate it. I feel like I'm ready for the FDA now... lol

Darren

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My second attempt at diy juice was a success! I purchased a different scale and different bottles and after trying it, the taste is PERFECT.
Want to thank everyone who took the time out to help this extreme nooooob. Really appreciate it. I feel like I'm ready for the FDA now... lol

Darren

Right On HarpoM.

I didn't offer any Help with your DIY. But it is Nice to hear you Acknowledge those who did.

So... The 64,000 Dollar Question is what was the Recipe of that Mix that turned out so Good?

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
Right On HarpoM.

I didn't offer any Help with your DIY. But it is Nice to hear you Acknowledge those who did.

So... The 64,000 Dollar Question is what was the Recipe of that Mix that turned out so Good?

It was a basic strawberry mix
3.73 (18%) grams nic 100PG/100MG
6.64 grams PG
10.09 grams VG
10 Percent Herbal Essence Strawberry.

Came out fantastic... It was a 70/30 pg/vg mix which was perfect.

Darren

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

That's the one I bought on recommendation by lots of people here. It's a great scale with good repeatablility and price. It has a little higher registering and settling time according to some DIYers here on ECF, but it's something you get used to. I drip ingredients and pause when it gets close, then I drip slowly to reach the weight I want.

For home use it's perfect. If I were in the ejuice business I'd spend more for the production aspect of a higher priced scale, but for home use it's perfect and the price was dirt cheap. Mine didn't come with the power supply, but even with batteries I haven't had it turn off during a pour.

This guy recommends it as best bang for the buck in home use.
Getting Started: DIY 102 – Mixing by weight

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
The post by CapnShay really made the difference. I didn't want to make the juice by having to measure out Milliliters. Using grams as the measure, and getting the right scale and bottles were the key. It's nice to know that I can now, on my own level, gradually reduce the amount of nicotine I put in the mix, to where hopefully I can get down to 0 nicotine. I like the throat hit, so I use more PG in the mix.

Darren

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The post by CapnShay really made the difference. I didn't want to make the juice by having to measure out Milliliters. Using grams as the measure, and getting the right scale and bottles were the key. It's nice to know that I can now, on my own level, gradually reduce the amount of nicotine I put in the mix, to where hopefully I can get down to 0 nicotine. I like the throat hit, so I use more PG in the mix.

Darren

I went from 24mg down to zero nic several years ago. As I dropped in 6mg increments I was happy and surprised that I wasn't experiencing nic withdrawal. Once I got to zero nic vaping lost its appeal because there was no nic bite. I missed that and went back to 3mg nic. I've been happy ever since at 3mg, but couldn't deal with the bland taste of 0mg juice for some reason.

The moral of that story (and I've heard it from others, too) is that even at low nic levels the vape is satisfying. Somehow, the brain is happy with a little nic after you titrate downward because the nic sensation on the tongue is still there at low levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread