• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Name-brand stuff from FastTech - do you trust them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2014
Moved On
Not much point in saving a few bucks on a Trustfire battery or charger, let alone Vision equipment from fasttech if what I'm going to be getting is a even cheapER Chinese knockoff of a cheap Chinese knockoff (if you get my drift ;-)

I know that I'm probably being silly, because chances are pretty good that any US vendor from whom I'm ordering probably already gets their stuff from fasttech or Alibaba. I've also seen Rip Tripper's video in which he rages against the Chi You clone that has the original insignia on it. There's no such thing as a "brand" in China, it seems.

But I have two basic concerns. One is that I may be poisoning myself if I buy a drip tip from fasttech, like one of these: $1.68 Chambered Muffler Style 510 Drip Tip (CMDT) - aluminum at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping - it will be covered with toxic paint because the manufacturer figured out that a tenth of a penny per unit could've been saved that way. I even worry about buying the plain metal drip tips for related reasons.

Also, what's the point of saving a few bucks on a "trustfire" battery or a charger if it's going to last half as long because it isn't reallly made by TrustFire?

Comments?

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
They sell much better batts than just trustfire for less than other vendors but it's your call if you want the savings or not.

FT requires a little bit of work on the consumers part,they do sell some rubbish along with the decent stuff.The reviews help to sort out what's what.

Your concern about toxic paint may or may not be valid,no way to be sure without testing it,again your call.

If they state "Authentic" then it is,everything else is a clone/counterfeit or in some cases the factories own design.

Saving money is it's own point.If you are happy to pay a bit more for peace of mind then go for your life.

I don't doubt the integrity of most China vendors anymore than a US vendor or a Kiwi vendor.You just have to understand the differences in culture.

Jan 19, 2014
Moved On
Hey thanks! You said they sell better batteries. Any recos?

They sell much better batts than just trustfire for less than other vendors but it's your call if you want the savings or not.

FT requires a little bit of work on the consumers part,they do sell some rubbish along with the decent stuff.The reviews help to sort out what's what.

Your concern about toxic paint may or may not be valid,no way to be sure without testing it,again your call.

If they state "Authentic" then it is,everything else is a clone/counterfeit or in some cases the factories own design.

Saving money is it's own point.If you are happy to pay a bit more for peace of mind then go for your life.

I don't doubt the integrity of most China vendors anymore than a US vendor or a Kiwi vendor.You just have to understand the differences in culture.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have never bought from FastTech, but I'm starting to wonder how much stuff I have bought from US vendors actually came from there. Although all batteries are from China, I still prefer to buy those in the US. It makes me feel better. For the mods I have, I choose AW or Efest. I don't subohm, so amp limits are not a factor from me. I would, however, buy Efest batteries directly from Efest at a large vapemeet. Super cheap even if they didn't speak English. And I will buy mods directly from other countries, other than China. Really, it just depends on what you are comfortable doing.

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread