• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nat Geo running non-religious Jesus Documentaries..must see stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

iJax

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
California
From now til Christmas many stations will be running documentaries on the Christian Faith, Jesus the man, Jesus the Prophet and Who was Jesus. I am hoping they show a program I think was called, The life of Jesus. This program will blow your mind. It will also challenge much of what you know. You don't have to believe what it say's, but its nice have heard about where some of this info comes from.....such as when I tell people, the title "The Virgin Mary" has nothing to do with sex. The word "virgin", 2000 years ago, in the clan Joesph and Mary belonged to, had a different meaning then it does now.

*******Warning to Atheists********
2002, I and 3 other guys are trapped in a hotel due to conflict in the country we are in. We do have Satellite TV. We watched like 30 hours of programs like this. One of the atheist found God after watching these programs. When the real information was given to him, this man of science started researching it himself. I saw him two years later and while drinking a beer with him he told me he goes to church at least once a week and donates 10 or more hours to his church! Blew my mind. So if you really don't want to know the truth...you probably shouldn't watch these.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Jesus the Man is showing him as a very poor child of a very poor "hand worker", but other investigation shows Joseph was above middle class. This is good stuff. They are showing what Jesus's town would have looked like and what day to day life was.

I love this stuff!!!!!

OOH! I love this stuff also!!!! :)

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
My nat geo didn't have this particular line up..... Does the programming vary from state to state?

perhaps your nat was out of whack or your geo was discombobulated. Kind of the same thing really....one perhaps more technical than the other but no......same thing.....kind of..

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
If these are the typical programs that discovery channel air on Jesus, then keep your discernment turned all the way up. I watched a secular show that explained how all 10 plagues from God upon Egypt were possible and probable in the natural realm. Alot of Christians were cheering it but I took something completely different away from the show. (Along with glaring "problems" with some of the explanations), what they "successfully did was remove God from the picture all together. They painted a "Yes the Bible "claims" God did these things, but we have shown you that and why these things happened in nature.

From a standpoint of discrediting the Bible, an attempt to give Satan 1, God 0. I find the shows entertaining, and I am ever aware for explanations that attempt to destroy scripture and to be honest I doubt it will hinder anyone of true faith. Who I worry about are the thousands that damage is done to because they believe the story not knowing the truth as to recognize a forgery from the genuine.

But God will not allow anyone that He has saved, (or from our temporal perspective) or will safe in the future to stumble so far away from the truth as to perish. Thank you Lord!

All that to say, enjoy watching these shows. Remember that they are typically created, produced and aired by non Christian's. The facts are not only rarely checked, some things they present will outright shock the socks off of you. As long as you don't get outright offended, some of the shows are amusing to me. (I like to see the enemy's strategy, morbid curiosity I guess).

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
If these are the typical programs that discovery channel air on Jesus, then keep your discernment turned all the way up. I watched a secular show that explained how all 10 plagues from God upon Egypt were possible and probable in the natural realm. Alot of Christians were cheering it but I took something completely different away from the show. (Along with glaring "problems" with some of the explanations), what they "successfully did was remove God from the picture all together. They painted a "Yes the Bible "claims" God did these things, but we have shown you that and why these things happened in nature.

From a standpoint of discrediting the Bible, an attempt to give Satan 1, God 0. I find the shows entertaining, and I am ever aware for explanations that attempt to destroy scripture and to be honest I doubt it will hinder anyone of true faith. Who I worry about are the thousands that damage is done to because they believe the story not knowing the truth as to recognize a forgery from the genuine.

But God will not allow anyone that He has saved, (or from our temporal perspective) or will safe in the future to stumble so far away from the truth as to perish. Thank you Lord!

All that to say, enjoy watching these shows. Remember that they are typically created, produced and aired by non Christian's. The facts are not only rarely checked, some things they present will outright shock the socks off of you. As long as you don't get outright offended, some of the shows are amusing to me. (I like to see the enemy's strategy, morbid curiosity I guess).

:thumbs: Ditto e! :thumbs:

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas

Yeah, I don't get my daily news from the comic section of the newspaper or my "facts" about Jesus from television.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
Yeah, eHuman beat me too it. I enjoy watching these type shows, but rarely can finish an episode. They so rarely get the actual Biblical accounts of events correct... that's the first clue that they're not really in it for the "truth".

They also have a really bad habit of presenting complete speculation and assumption as actual "fact". Their starting point is not to see if/how the Bibilical accounts could have been correct. Rather, their starting point is that the Bible had to have gotten it wrong, so what was "really" going on.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
There is some truth and value in them. I saw the one on the 10 plagues. Actually I agree on most of what was said at least in theory. Friend of mine was jumping up and down saying the plagues were miracles. Only problem with that, is that miracles don't take 9 months evolve. God is sovereign and works in, around and through nature. The overall tone of the program left much to be desired. It was in tone, made to seemingly dispel that God had any part but the methodology of the events are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread