Nautilus burnt taste???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Findlay, Ohio
Had a weird issue show up that I can't figure out. Bought juice a week ago, started to taste burnt yesterday after no problems for the week. I replaced the coil, no dice. Replaced the coil the second time, no help. Flushed fluid twice, washed the whole thing.....no improvement. Does the same thing on either of my boxes. If I cover the hole and blow into it, it tastes OK for a few hits then returns to a burnt taste. I have no idea what's going on here....any thoughts?

Reactions: thetrucker

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I have three Nautilus Minis and what I do when each is empty is clean the burner screen with a bit of scrunched up tissue, take out the coil and do the same below it and rinse out the tank with Spanish Brandy ( which there is dead cheap ) before refilling - so far I haven't had the issue you have though...

....however what is the nic strength you are using? I normally enjoy Space Jam's Eclipse at 12 strength; when we came home at short notice because of flooding in the Borders in our town and street, I grabbed a couple of 30 ml Space Jam 18 strength. I got off the plane at Newcastle, filled up my tank which had a fairly new coil in it, shot outside to take a drag and found that I was vaping something that tasted like burnt rubber.

It was the higher strength that had caused the off taste couple with the fact that the bottle had got warm in my pocket. That juice is now fine but diluted down to the lower strength.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Sometimes when I run too many watts I will get a burnt taste and then I turn the power down and close some of the airflow off

then I get the vapor and flavor without the burnt taste----Seems I can get a pretty good

vape from 10 watts------to-----75 watts it just takes a little longer for my coil to start

to make vapor but I don't get a burnt taste at the lower wattages.

I think some people are making vapor with way too much power and their wicks are

drying out and getting burnt too fast and this could be avoided with a lower wattage setting.

It just seems to take a little longer for the coil to start to produce the vapor........I think

that people think that the wick is burning and that is the nasty taste they are experiencing

but really it is also the juice that is burning because of the high voltage settings----you

can make vapor or you can make vapor and burn the juice at the same time.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Falconeer

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Glad you got a result! In the past I have had the odd duff one in a five pack but never the amount you got - just one of the reasons I took up coil building even though I am fond of my Nautilus minis and will always be grateful to them for helping me get off of smoking after all those years.

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread