Nautilus BVC coils - Very moist vapor, or getting juice in mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbox Mnemic

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Hey all,

I'm using a couple of Nautilus tanks, both with BVC coils (1.6 and 1.8 ohm). I'm noticing after almost every hit, it seems like I'm getting juice in the mouth, but at the same time I'm not feeling the little spits of hot juice like I have before with other tanks. My question, is the vapor just so moist/wet (whatever you want to call it) that it just seems like I'm getting juice in the mouth? The flavor is almost too much sometimes, especially near the back of the tongue/throat. Am I the only one?

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
What voltage and or wattage are you running these coils at?

If it is in the 3.2 - 3.6 volt range, and or in the 5.6/6.4 - 7.2/8.1 wattage range, you need to UP the volts/watts to somewhere in the 3.8 to 4.2 range.

I'm running both nautilus's, Mini and Standard size, and the older ET tanks with the BVC's, 1.4-1.8 ohm ranges, and have them all set to 3.8 to 4 volts. I don't have any spitting or juice in my mouth. Just Vapor and Flavor, Flavor, Flavor.

Deathbox Mnemic

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
What voltage and or wattage are you running these coils at?

If it is in the 3.2 - 3.6 volt range, and or in the 5.6/6.4 - 7.2/8.1 wattage range, you need to UP the volts/watts to somewhere in the 3.8 to 4.2 range.

I'm running both nautilus's, Mini and Standard size, and the older ET tanks with the BVC's, 1.4-1.8 ohm ranges, and have them all set to 3.8 to 4 volts. I don't have any spitting or juice in my mouth. Just Vapor and Flavor, Flavor, Flavor.

I run the device between 4.4 - 4.8 volts.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
Nautilus seems to get condensation in the chimney very quickly compared to others I have used, you might be getting a bit of that if it isn't actually spitting hot juice at you. The drip tip also tends to pick up some, so taking it off and q-tipping it out occasionally could help if that is indeed the issue (might not be).

I use only the 1.6 ohm coils (MVP doesn't have enough power to give me the vape I want on 1.8's) and they seem to last me a good week to a week and a half, but I'm a heavy user. If I vape coffee flavors that time is halved, but that's normal.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
I've got the ET-S with the BVC. It does have a very moist vape at lower wattage settings. I really think these coils need more power to vape at their full potential. I've seen videos of people vaping them at 17-18 watts. I can only tell you how it performs at 11w due to the MVP being the biggest mod I have at the moment. I'm getting the Sig 100w box in a few days so I'm looking to push it to 15 and see if that gives a better vape. If it does I'm going to look into getting a eleaf istick 20w. These coils are definitely not getting pushed to their limits with lower power apv's and etc.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
On another note, I went into my vape shop and one of the regular customers had an iStick and let me try it out. I found that turning the wattage up to around 12.5 REALLY made a difference. Nice warm vape, relatively thick vapor. Pushed it to 13.5 and that was too much for that liquid. 12.5 to 13 was the sweet spot and the MVP can't do that. Not sure I want to get an iStick just yet just to drive my only Nautilus. I may wait to see what happens the next few weeks sales-wise. Who knows, maybe the MVP3 will be out.

Mine does that too and its usually because moisture collects right at the base of the tip.

I usually take the tip out --> wipe the bottom on my shirt --> proceed to blow on it to force whatever liquid is sticking to the inside --> wipe on shirt again --> blow and wipe one more time = usually fixes the problem for me.

Smokin' Iron

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Nautilus seems to get condensation in the chimney very quickly compared to others I have used, you might be getting a bit of that if it isn't actually spitting hot juice at you. The drip tip also tends to pick up some, so taking it off and q-tipping it out occasionally could help if that is indeed the issue (might not be).

I use only the 1.6 ohm coils (MVP doesn't have enough power to give me the vape I want on 1.8's) and they seem to last me a good week to a week and a half, but I'm a heavy user. If I vape coffee flavors that time is halved, but that's normal.

Every so often I have to pull the drip tip and and swab out a little condensation too.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Bottom coil tanks work on a pressure/vacuum system. When you fill them up full and screw the base back on, it creates pressure. As you use it, and the liquid level drops, the pressure inside the tank changes. If you vape it until it's really low, it's going to gurgle, leak, or spit liquid at you. Try to keep it as full as possible. If you notice you're half empty, fill it back up again. Also, don't draw hard when taking a hit. Long, slow, gentle pulls work best. Let the coil do the work for you. If you draw too hard, especially out of frustration, you're going to pull liquid into the chimney and you're definitely going to get some in your mouth.

EDIT: Also, do not overtighten anything on the tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread