Nautilus is the Devil

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamafuturama

Sep 8, 2014
NC
After vaping for several months, I finally gave up in frustration. After hardware upgrade after upgrade, I settled on something I liked, but had no luck finding a tank. Of everything I tried, I liked the Nautilus most... the time that it actually worked. I have two Nautilus tanks, each only working 50% of the time. vaping became a very unreliable nicotine replacement, so of course I ended up buying cigarettes.
I would love to try vaping again, especially after reading specs on the Provari 3. In fact, tonight I was going to purchase the complete kit from Provape when I noticed that the tank included in the kit is... the Nautilus.

Nautilus flooded on me all the time. No matter the coils, or vendor, or whatever... I knew that each tank refill had a 50/50 chance of working. My paper towels consumed more juice than I ever could.

Any suggestions on a non-Nautilus tank for the P3? TIA!

Reactions: petrotech

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I think you should get a simple rda.
The manta and the velocity I'd currently recommend. (I have a manta, I don't have a velocity)

Even if you only use an rda half the time and cut down on the cigarettes tar and smoke particles by half, it's way way way worth it.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
I have 3 Nautilus Minis and I haven't had any problems at all. Sometimes I've had an issue with flooding, however, that is due to my overfilling the tank or putting it at an odd angle. I guess Nautilus just hates you :evil:.

I used to have a Kanger Subtank Nano and that thing gave me fits. The coil would to short all the time no matter what I did. Didn't matter what the setting, the juice I used or how much I primed the coil. It would fry within 15 minutes every time I tried to use it. I guess some of us have that one type of gear that just hates us :-x.

Reactions: mamafuturama

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I'll probably get yelled out for saying this, but I hate the nautilus too.

I get better flavor from my Aerotank V2.

Kanger Aerotank v2

you can probably find it cheaper, that's the first thing that popped up in google, or if you need it now, most vape shops should have them.

mamafuturama

Sep 8, 2014
NC
I am sure Nautilus hates me... and it may well be user error, though I doubt it. During my 3 months of exclusive vaping, nothing I tried would remedy the issues. The last straw came when I had "aged" some ridiculously delicious juice from HighBrow and after enjoying it all evening...I awoke next morning to juice all over my device and table...including important paperwork.
I am actually considering the Kanger.
I have also watched videos on Youtube re: the Kayfun 4... it doesn't seem as difficult as I had psyched myself into thinking.

Will P.C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
County Jail
I did not like the Nautilus at all. For each pack of coils I bought, about half of them would be bunk. With the good ones, I found I would get 2-3 days of good vaping and then they would turn to crap. Issues with flooding as well. Had to be really careful not to tighten it too much after filling or it would become near impossible to get unscrewed again. The vaping experience when working well was just okay and is pretty expensive. I swore off anything that needed a replacement coil after this. Bought a plume veil and never looked back.

For about 30 bucks you can get an Lemo 2 which is miles and miles better than a Nautilus. Easy to build on as well

Reactions: inspects

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks edyle. I am assuming these are rebuildable?
I had thought of rebuildables before but I am not ashamed to admit that I am a simpleton.
Really concerned I would jack it up.

yes an rda is a rebuildable; there is no tank;
if you get however many tanks you want, having an rda available is like having a bike when your car won't start. It helps you figure out what's going on

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
The Provari, and it is well crafted, has little to do with flooding or gurgling. With the Nauties, and I had a lot of troubles at first, just have to be used in a certain way. I used the search bar in the upper right and did a lot of research. I learned from others experiences. I then did controlled use, taking some notes as to how I was filling, closing, drawing, throwing them against the wall. etc. It worked. I think I ended up with seven of them.

Why would a company sell a reputable mod like a Provari with a piece of junk clearomizer? Give it another shot.

Reactions: Kahina

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I did not like the Nautilus at all. For each pack of coils I bought, about half of them would be bunk. With the good ones, I found I would get 2-3 days of good vaping and then they would turn to crap. Issues with flooding as well. Had to be really careful not to tighten it too much after filling or it would become near impossible to get unscrewed again. The vaping experience when working well was just okay and is pretty expensive. I swore off anything that needed a replacement coil after this. Bought a plume veil and never looked back.

For about 30 bucks you can get an Lemo 2 which is miles and miles better than a Nautilus. Easy to build on as well

I would suggest the Lemo 2 as well, if you cannot nor want to build coils, take it to a vape shop and pay someone 5 bucks to coil it...a good coil will last a month or more with little maintenance, simply change the cotton every few days, depending on how much you use it of course...I have five Lemo 2's, I'm not changing even the cotton for more than a week by not using the same one continually...the flavor is great, easy to fill at the top, NO leaks, just simply a really good atty.

Reactions: WonderDude32

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I'm using the Subtank mini RBA deck on one of my P3s.
I'm using another Subtank mini with the 1.2 OCC coil on my other.
The Subtank is much better than the Nautilus but I find it's best for direct lung hits.
20W is decent with the 1.2Ω OCC and good for my current RBA deck build.
I do still keep a 2.5/Nautilus on my w*rkdesk for when I'm w*rking.

I have a few 15W Provaris & Nautiluseses JIC of Vapeocalypse.

I was perfectly happy with Nautilus/BVC until I tried a Subtank BTW.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Yes--try Eleaf GS Air tank (or GS Air M). The cheapest and, IMO, best of non-RBA tanks. Sweet Vapes sells them for 10 bucks (a 5-pack of replacement coils for ~9). Great deal, great vape.

Also, why do you want to buy a P3, if I may ask? Especially if you're going to use a simple non-rebuildable tank with it? P3 is big, heavy and ridiculously expensive. I'd suggest a nice clever box mod, like Innokin Cool Fire 4, HeatVape Defender or Eleaf iStick 30--you can actually get all three for the price of a P3 and still have money left over for ejuice. ;)

The Kanger Subox kit is also very nice.

Do some more research before you make your purchase--there are so many great options on the market nowadays.

Kanger's Aerotank and Emow are very nice, too.

A Kayfun 4 Tobeco clone is the best clone out there--I own one and I love it.

Nautilus--meh...

Kahina

Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Land of many beaches.
Fake product with QC issues or user error. The Nautilus is near leak proof. Mines been a mile high and half a mile under, from one temp extreme to another.

Don't over-tighten anything with this tank. This goes for practically anything with an o-ring and a thread based crush, even with power hydraulics. Crush any seal on an atomizer too much and it might get damaged and leak fluid or air. It will also make things hard to disassemble. Given the way they go together on the Nautilus it can also lift the coil, as the top tightens down via a thread on the coil body. The o-ring at the bottom of the coil can then leak.

Don't draw too hard. You'll suck juice out of the tank faster than the 1.6-1.8 ohm coils can vaporize it. If your doing this, then you either need to change your draw, or the Nautilus simply isn't for you. In which case you need a tank with better air flow for a more comfortable draw. That's why my Nautilus isn't used anymore. Not enough flow for a comfortable draw. It has however spent the last week sitting upright with half a tank of juice and hasn't leaked a single drop. I just walked over to it and had a puff. No gurgling at all. It's really good for what it does.

Andy79Z28

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2015
Long Island
i Have several Nautilus mini's. Many tricks to make them work better. The ones you had...had the small holes in the coils which was a problem. You had to suck hard on them to get vapor which in turn cause flooding. If you still have the tanks go to a vape store bring it with you and the coils also. Ask to see the replacement coil bet you will find that you have the small holes on the coils you have. Also I drilled out the largest hole on the air ring to let more air in. There are many vids on youtube and info on here about this.

I also rebuild my own BVC coils and have no problems. I just bought a Lemo Drop tank which has a RTA coil easy coil to build and wick. I love the lemo drop as well.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
After vaping for several months, I finally gave up in frustration. After hardware upgrade after upgrade, I settled on something I liked, but had no luck finding a tank. Of everything I tried, I liked the Nautilus most... the time that it actually worked. I have two Nautilus tanks, each only working 50% of the time. Vaping became a very unreliable nicotine replacement, so of course I ended up buying cigarettes.
I would love to try vaping again, especially after reading specs on the Provari 3. In fact, tonight I was going to purchase the complete kit from Provape when I noticed that the tank included in the kit is... the Nautilus.

Nautilus flooded on me all the time. No matter the coils, or vendor, or whatever... I knew that each tank refill had a 50/50 chance of working. My paper towels consumed more juice than I ever could.

Well, if you are willing to spend that kind of money on a mod, then you might want to consider the Gem RTA coming out soon from Mark Bugs. Alternatively, there is the Erlkonigin and Square Reloaded. These are all similar to the mouth-to-lung vaping experience of the Nautilus mini. None of these tanks are cheap, but remember that you won't be spending $10 a month on atomizers either. Also, mods come and go, but a good atomizer you keep. ;)

*GEM: A new RTA by MarkBugs | E-Cigarette Forum
Squape Reloaded VS Erlkonigin | Page 2 | E-Cigarette Forum

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
If you want something with replaceable coils, go with the Subtank Nano. It works great and looks good on the P3. It also comes with a rebuildible section if you ever decide to branch out. If you don't, it's ok, just kerp buying the coil packs!

I think you mean the mini. The nano doesn't have an RBA deck IIRC but the mini does.
The mini is also 22mm (same as P3) and looks as killer on a P3 as it works :thumb:

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I'm a Kanger Plus/Mini person. The deck is the easiest to build on for either horizontal or vertical builds. Some guys are building dual coils on youtube. The deck is big enough to put 1.0 coils on it for mouth to lung but you might find lung hits give a better satisfaction. It took me 2 weeks to make the adjustment but now I can't go back. They have good sized tanks and you can find parts at most local shops. The OCC coils are really good if you're in a pinch and need a new coil quick. I've never had a leak with any of mine. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread