Status
Not open for further replies.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hi all,

I was at my local vape store on the weekend and mentioned to the staff member I was thinking of stepping it up a notch in the future.
I currently have 2 eGo ONEs. Started vaping (was a cig smoker for well...too long) about a month ago.

When I mentioned a nautilus mini the fellow shook his head and said "You don't want to go a step down." He suggested the eleaf (?) Or istick 30.

Would the nautilus be a step down?

I'm still learning....sheesh.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I actually don't understand 'moving up.' Do many develop a tolerance and need more power and lower ohms to get a good vape over time?
@stevegmu I can only speak for myself. I'm very new at this but for me I think it's a combo of curiosity, and maybe having a couple of different styles.

Reactions: stevegmu

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I will say that you can open the options up by going with a variable wattage/voltage device rather than the Ego One. This way you can get many different tanks to fit your needs. The Ego one is limited to the power output. For example, the Nautilus Mini needs anywhere from 10 to 14W to be at its best and I do not think your Ego can get that high...?

Time to do some reading in the
APV Discussion &Vaping Hardware threads

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi all,

I was at my local vape store on the weekend and mentioned to the staff member I was thinking of stepping it up a notch in the future.
I currently have 2 eGo ONEs. Started vaping (was a cig smoker for well...too long) about a month ago.

When I mentioned a nautilus mini the fellow shook his head and said "You don't want to go a step down." He suggested the eleaf (?) Or istick 30.

Would the nautilus be a step down?

I'm still learning....sheesh.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers

The ego one came out (long) after the nautilus/nautilusmini
2178100-13.jpg

Ego one starter kit.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I actually don't understand 'moving up.' Do many develop a tolerance and need more power and lower ohms to get a good vape over time?
A lot of us move on up in watts then realise how much more ejuice it takes. I have everything up to 100 watts then thought whats the point of it. I am back to where I was after a thousand or two dollars and where I was a year ago. Back to my Provari 2 and a kayfun running 1.5 ohms.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
If I'm not mistaken, the Ego One is a lung hitting device and the battery is more like a mech mod, delivering whatever power is in the battery to the atomizer. The Nautilus is more of a mouth-to-lung hit and the iStick30 would allow you to vary the power delivered. Personally, I prefer mouth-to-lung with variable power. I'm currently running a Kayfun v4 with a 2.2 ohm coil at 15 watts. And by the way, running that Ego One atomizer on an iStick30 might surprise you if you vary the wattage.

Reactions: juskiddin

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
A lot of us move on up in watts then realise how much more ejuice it takes. I have everything up to 100 watts then thought whats the point of it. I am back to where I was after a thousand or two dollars and where I was a year ago. Back to my Provari 2 and a kayfun running 1.5 ohms.

^^This^^ I hear a lot of us that have run the gambit of vaping find ourselves going back to the basics of pretty much what we started off with. I just bought an ego one and so far I love it although even the 1.0 ohm is a little much for me now, I wish they had a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
If I'm not mistaken, the Ego One is a lung hitting device and the battery is more like a mech mod, delivering whatever power is in the battery to the atomizer. The Nautilus is more of a mouth-to-lung hit and the iStick30 would allow you to vary the power delivered. Personally, I prefer mouth-to-lung with variable power. I'm currently running a Kayfun v4 with a 2.2 ohm coil at 15 watts. And by the way, running that Ego One atomizer on an iStick30 might surprise you if you vary the wattage.

actually the ego one is made for both MTL and DL hence the name as in one mod for both vaping styles. The coils .5 or 1.0 also have different inner diameters to help open or restrict airflow and they also offer rebuildable or premade coils for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread