Nautilus Mini question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
within my own thoughts....
This problem is really starting to effect my vaping enjoyment and i hope it's fixable. I bought a nautilus mini a few weeks back and absolutely LOVED it. However, in the past few days i've noticed that not only does my ADV taste different...just sweeter & stronger (for some reason), but i've been going through way too much juice, which actually has me puzzled because i've backed off vaping as much. So i checked to see if any of the liquid was leaking on the outside of the tank, but it doesn't seem to be and i make sure it's tightened enough after refilling....but it just seems like i'm still tasting the juice at a stronger level....maybe it's my tastebuds changing, but that wouldn't explain why it's using more juice than when i first bought it?

I know, it can be a number of things....but since i'm going to be purchasing another tank soon, which i am considering the Kanger Aerotank, i'm just wondering at this point what could be the issue because i don't want to invest in another Mini, if in fact it's a tank issue.

Ordered me some Virus from Nicoticket last night, so i'm hoping it blows me away because i've heard great reviews about it....but i'm really disappointed that my ADV is tasting so different to me now. It almost seems like i can taste some juice on my drip tip when i take a draw off of it.....i just don't know what's going on to be honest and hope ya'll can help me out here.

Thanks

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
This problem is really starting to effect my vaping enjoyment and i hope it's fixable. I bought a nautilus mini a few weeks back and absolutely LOVED it. However, in the past few days i've noticed that not only does my ADV taste different...just sweeter & stronger (for some reason), but i've been going through way too much juice, which actually has me puzzled because i've backed off vaping as much. So i checked to see if any of the liquid was leaking on the outside of the tank, but it doesn't seem to be and i make sure it's tightened enough after refilling....but it just seems like i'm still tasting the juice at a stronger level....maybe it's my tastebuds changing, but that wouldn't explain why it's using more juice than when i first bought it?

I know, it can be a number of things....but since i'm going to be purchasing another tank soon, which i am considering the Kanger Aerotank, i'm just wondering at this point what could be the issue because i don't want to invest in another Mini, if in fact it's a tank issue.

Ordered me some Virus from Nicoticket last night, so i'm hoping it blows me away because i've heard great reviews about it....but i'm really disappointed that my ADV is tasting so different to me now. It almost seems like i can taste some juice on my drip tip when i take a draw off of it.....i just don't know what's going on to be honest and hope ya'll can help me out here.

Thanks

Hi, Ky Girl,

I hope someone answers your question because I've been having the exact issue with my Nautilus mini tank. It's like I can taste the juice in my mouth. BTW, I really like my nautilus so I hope it's human error vs. tank issue

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
I agree Dahomey, i love my mini...but i also needed to add that i put in a new coil yesterday and it seems much more pronounced since then. So maybe it's the coil?! I just know i love this ejuice, but it's way too sweet and way too strong tasting now, but it doesn't explain why i'm going through ejuice so much...which has been happening for about a week now.

I'm guessing the airflow has something to do with it drinking so much juice, but if i close the airflow, i taste even stronger flavor (which i don't like) and if i open it more...that really doesn't help much either. *banging head* haha

Yeah, i hope someone can give us the answers.

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
Ren76, but that's the thing....i'm not drawing any harder on it than i have since i bought it. Also, i just put the other new coil that i bought yesterday in it and it's doing the same thing....but i checked my resistance and it's saying 1.9 on both coils and i purchased 1.8's. Not sure if that makes any difference, but yeah...i tried both new coils i bought and i'm getting "what seems like" a mouth full of juice.

I turned up the airflow and same thing.....even took tank apart and put it back together to make sure nothing was loose, nada.....so guess it's either the coils i bought that made the difference or something is screwed up on tank. :(

Will be purchasing the Kanger aerotank next!

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Try a new coil. If that's not it, I have two minus and a full size, all with the replacement SS tanks, now one of my minus wasn't hitting quite right and the juice was changing color some times and it seemed like I was using a lot of juice, so I put my old glass tank on and that fixed my problems. So I had some type of miniscule leak going on that wasn't even noticeable. And the only other thing I can think might be wrong with your nauty would be the coil isn't screwed in all the way, sometimes when you refill the coil will unscrew a little. Anyhow, hope that helps, but that's all I could think of..

Last edited:

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
Try a new coil. If that's not it, I have two minus and a full size, all with the replacement SS tanks, now one of my minus wasn't hitting quite right and the juice was changing color some times and it seemed like I was using a lot of juice, so I put my old glass tank on and that fixed my problems. So I had some type of miniscule leak going on that wasn't even noticeable. And the only other thing I can think might be wrong with your nauty would be the coil isn't screwed in all the way, sometimes when you refill the coil will unscrew a little. Anyhow, hope that helps, but that's all I could think of..

Thanks Ismokeinbinary....i just bought these two coils yesterday and just took tank in kitchen to check a few things and it's indeed flooding...however, i have the coil screwed in tight and made sure both ends of the tanks was screwed on snug. So like you, i think the tanks has a minute leak someplace, it's just finding it...arghhh this is frustrating.

Shock Collar, i think i've got some bogus coils. Although they was wrapped in proper aspire packaging...guess there's a leak some place else. But just checked there is flooding cause there was juice on my battery

Ren76

Sep 17, 2014
Manitoba
Maybe the base is full of condensation?
I use a mini all day everyday. When it's time to change a coil here's what I do. Wash out with the drip tip, top cap/chimney, tank and base, with hot tap water, like as hot as it gets. Wipe dry with "vapor towel" lol. The hotter the water everything almost dries by itself real quick.
Get your new coil and pop it in your dried out base and put 2-3 drops of juice in it and place upright off to the side.
Put the rest of the mini together and fill.
Put your tank and base together and place on device of your choosing.
Plug the air hole with your finger and dry hit it like 20-30 times so you see bubbles coming out of the juice holes on the coil.
After all this take a few hits while firing to make sure it's all working well, and then vape to your content.

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
Yayyyyyy!!! :rickroll: Not sure if it was changing the drip tip OR up'in the wattage. But something worked and i think it was because i wasn't vaping at a high enough power to wick the coil. Once i changed the drip tip and then turned up wattage to 11 (which is the highest my MVP goes), after a couple drags, it was back to it's mini self!! :)

Ren76, thank YOU for mentioning the drip tip...doubt that was the cause, but i'm finding that i'm getting a much better vape from the regular tip that comes with the Mini. When i bought it, the sales person said i should buy a Delrin (sp?), so she put that in for me and that's what i've vaped with since i bought it. Now i have the one that comes with it and can tell a difference. Plus, i think my new coils wasn't be wicked with the ejuice, so i was vaping the eliquid faster than it could wick the coil....does that make sense or am i wrong about the wicking part?

Anyways, i'm dancing a jig now....so yeah, thanks to ALL of you that responded cause it helped me figure this out!! :)

Just wanted to add this....i'm guessing the mini uses more juice than the cheaper atty's, correct? Cause i am still going through juice more than i did with them. I'm keeping airflow open instead of on the third hole, so maybe that will make a difference and go easier on the juice.

Dahomey, let us know how it goes...sure hope you get it worked out! :)

Last edited:

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Thanks Ismokeinbinary....i just bought these two coils yesterday and just took tank in kitchen to check a few things and it's indeed flooding...however, i have the coil screwed in tight and made sure both ends of the tanks was screwed on snug. So like you, i think the tanks has a minute leak someplace, it's just finding it...arghhh this is frustrating.

Shock Collar, i think i've got some bogus coils. Although they was wrapped in proper aspire packaging...guess there's a leak some place else. But just checked there is flooding cause there was juice on my battery

I've had one case of flooding, in which I placed my mouth/lips on the airhole, and while holding the fire button on my battery I blew for about 4 or 5 seconds, making vapor come out the mouth piece. I did this prolly ten to twenty times, until I could tell it was all good. You just need to dry it out a bit. And I've only had my coil flood once, maybe it'll help yours?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Ky Girl, I'm glad you got to the root of your problem. I was just about to ask what voltage/wattage you were vaping at. It's rare that I vape my Nauti Mini below 10W. Although, I can't seem to get it past 12 either. I was using on MVP2.0 as well (but only to 11W) Ended up getting a couple newer mods that can crank higher.

I have the full-sized Nautis too - I do like the Mini better. Full-sized just takes "forever" to get through a tank :)

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
JamieZ, oh that's okay....i vape 50/50 and i lowered my nic mg's to 18. The juice i'm vaping isn't thick like some i've seen, plus this just started happening.

Bernard, well i must be a genius then haha No, i actually thought i had it FIXED, but after i posted my last post about finding the issue...wasn't no time before i started tasting juice again. So i've been reading threads on here that addressed the same issue and i think i read where Ren76 said to try blowing through the drip tip while firing it up once...til smoke comes out the air hole. I did that and it did help somewhat, but not completely.

Ismokeinbinary, i actually did that, but only in reverse. I just covered the air hole with my finger, pressed the firing button and blowed into my drip tip til smoke came out the airhole....it worked for the next few draws, but then i started tasting juice again and it's not spitting it like some atty's have done, can't explain it...it's just a strong flavor of my juice i taste and it's almost like it's coating the back of my throat. So i'm going to my local vape shop tomorrow...i called and they said if they can't figure it out, they would exchange it for another one. Fingers crossed.

DingerCPA, well i "thought" it was fixed....which it was temporarily...but read also on another thread that some even remove the drip tip and wipe it off several times because condensation builds up in the tip and that seemed to help. So going to try that here shortly because when i previously thought i had fixed it, that was right after i changed drip tips...so maybe the drip tip has something to do with it.

Ren76, well i actually read on another thread dated a few years back where you told someone to blow through the tip until smoke came out the air hole....that works temporarily for me, so good advice. I'm thinking i got two bad coils because i've tried both of the new ones i got yesterday and it's the same thing. They're 1.8's, so maybe i'll get the 1.6's and see if that changes things. Otherwise, the vape shop said they'll exchange it if they can't find the issue.

A huge thank you to all of you for your advice and help....i'm determined to figure this out because i don't want to give up on the mini just yet!

Jovey

Jan 24, 2015
am using a Nutilus mini on an MVP V2 at 7w. I have found it uses more juice and produces a much stronger flavor than my old Evods and VIVI Novas.

for me the flavor advantage is worth the cost of a little more juice.

just my 2 cents worth.

I do agree the enhanced flavor is worth it...but my ADV is quite expensive, so i ended up ordering some cheaper juice from Nicoticket in hopes it will become my ADV just for that reason. However, this is more than just added flavor...it's literally leaking into my mouth when i take a draw and the flavor is so strong i almost get nauseated. Didn't do this when i first bought it, but i was using the 1.6 coil then i think, so i'm thinking i ended up with 2 new coils that where duds and that's causing it. Thanks for your 2 cents....i totally agree the mini is much better than the cheaper atty's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread