nautilus mini with istick burning taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy collins

May 27, 2015
Hello my name is bill,
I've been vaping for about 3-4 weeks now as I'm trying to give up smoking however ive started getting into the juices and have brought my fare share of 50/50 only recently I brought 2 juices of 70vg/30pg Mixes
Being mothers milk and kyrptonite when I put the mothers milk in and started using it I noticed if I take 2-3 pulls in a couple of seconds I get a burnt taste but this never happened before and this coil has been in less than 2 days is the any advise you guys can give me it would be much appreciated

Also any suggestions on some nice juices ive tryed about 25 but up for trying some peoples favourites !

One more thing what is the best way to clean out the nautilus mini ?
Thanks in advance XD

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cleaning, boil it. Silicone o-rings can take the heat.

Taste with 70/30 is because it cannot wick the juice quick enough. I solved this problem by adding 1-2 drops of water to a full tank. Remember, a little goes a LONG way to thinning the juice a bit. Too much, it will leak.

Reactions: Billy collins

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi Bill, in all likelihood you are over drawing the wicking capability of the coil. Higher VG juices will wick slower than the 50/50 so you can't hit them as hard. VG is thicker than the PG. Shopping for juices I'd recommend looking here :

FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)

I clean my Mini by taking it apart and rinsing it out with water (except the coil and bottom). A dip of the top glass in vodka will help to clean off any "oily" residue also.

Good luck in your vape journey.

Billy collins

May 27, 2015
Cleaning, boil it. Silicone o-rings can take the heat.

Taste with 70/30 is because it cannot wick the juice quick enough. I solved this problem by adding 1-2 drops of water to a full tank. Remember, a little goes a LONG way to thinning the juice a bit. Too much, it will leak.
By a full tank you mean 2ml?
A just a tiny bit of water?
I did notice the juice was a bit thicker than normal but wasn't sure if I could water it down how much water would u suggest per 10ml?

Billy collins

May 27, 2015
Hi Bill, in all likelihood you are over drawing the wicking capability of the coil. Higher VG juices will wick slower than the 50/50 so you can't hit them as hard. VG is thicker than the PG. Shopping for juices I'd recommend looking here :

FORUM SUPPLIERS - ECF Forum Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

DEALS and STEALS - Deals and Steals | E-Cigarette Forum (go to last couple pages)

I clean my Mini by taking it apart and rinsing it out with water (except the coil and bottom). A dip of the top glass in vodka will help to clean off any "oily" residue also.

Good luck in your vape journey.
Maybe that's part of the issue I just rinse the lot apart from the battery of course
And I don't let it dry to be honest j take it this is no good for the coil?

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
hello bill I am not familiar with mothers milk I usually vape 50 /50 but I did have some max Dr fog I think it was called I liked it but it seemed the coil needed to be changed quicker. I love my mini I use q tips to swab out the inside and gently inside the coil to usually every second fill I pull out the coil wipe the end and gently wipe the little springy section - I am a relatively new vaper 3 months so I imagine someone with more info will answer one person said he boiled his coil for 1/2 hour and got better life I have not tried this so can't really speak to it, I also heard soaking in vodka I do think the thicker juices may be a little harder on coils - what battery type do you use

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Should be just fine with 70/30, I use it exclusively. It has been my experience that once the BVC gives me a burnt hit the subsequent hits will as well, I toss it, start fresh.

Compare the 70/30 to the 50/50 visually then add a drop of water and compare, continue until the 50/50 has the same viscosity....no more than 3 drops per 10ml is my safe guess....the drops are subject to the dropper!

Reactions: Billy collins

Billy collins

May 27, 2015
hello bill I am not familiar with mothers milk I usually vape 50 /50 but I did have some max Dr fog I think it was called I liked it but it seemed the coil needed to be changed quicker. I love my mini I use q tips to swab out the inside and gently inside the coil to usually every second fill I pull out the coil wipe the end and gently wipe the little springy section - I am a relatively new vaper 3 months so I imagine someone with more info will answer one person said he boiled his coil for 1/2 hour and got better life I have not tried this so can't really speak to it, I also heard soaking in vodka I do think the thicker juices may be a little harder on coils - what battery type do you use

I'm using the eleaf I stick at the moment

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Caro123

Billy collins

May 27, 2015
Should be just fine with 70/30, I use it exclusively. It has been my experience that once the BVC gives me a burnt hit the subsequent hits will as well, I toss it, start fresh.

Compare the 70/30 to the 50/50 visually then add a drop of water and compare, continue until the 50/50 has the same viscosity....no more than 3 drops per 10ml is my safe guess....the drops are subject to the dropper!

I think I'm going to have to order some more coils then ive been through 4 already
I'm going to try and water down the liquid with a minute amout of water and see how it goes is the nautilus mini a good tank to be using btw

I'f yes great

If there's better I'm down to try them

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I think I'm going to have to order some more coils then ive been through 4 already
I'm going to try and water down the liquid with a minute amout of water and see how it goes is the nautilus mini a good tank to be using btw

I'f yes great

If there's better I'm down to try them

It is a solid tank, there are some you may prefer depending what you like. Is it the 30 watt stick you are using? May want to look at the subtank mini. It works really well in the 20-25 watt range. It all depends what kind of vaping you like.

Billy collins

May 27, 2015
It is a solid tank, there are some you may prefer depending what you like. Is it the 30 watt stick you are using? May want to look at the subtank mini. It works really well in the 20-25 watt range. It all depends what kind of vaping you like.
No just 20w

And my kind of vaping is all day vape of 10 pulls over a time of 5 minutes roughly every 2 hours whilst at work (general smoke)
Then I hit it hard when I get home and chill out I like to try different flavours etc..

Any suggestions

Billy collins

May 27, 2015
VG liquids are designed for sub ohm builds/tanks. Aspire Atlantis, Kangertech subtank, Arctic subtank etc..

They produce a cloudier vape but may slightly mute the flavors compared to a higher PG mix.

I see I was under the impression you got a lot greater juices with a higher vg percentage ...
I take it this isn't the case
And I should really stick with 50/50...
After all I'm looking for flavourful liquids to enjoy !

Reactions: Caro123

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
The Nautilus Mini with the BVC is probably the best clearomizer out yet, once you get the hang of making it work to your liking, you will swear by it. Everyone on EFC has burnt a coil and this experience is the status quo "learning curve".

Many here use the MIni and love it. The best way to approach anything really is too take small steps, in this case use a low power setting and adjust up till you hit the sweet spot. Same goes for the draw you take, take a small draw then increase, again to get the right hit.

The best power is around 12 to 13.5 W....some do use higher but these settings will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread