Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I've never used one personally but I've seen a you tube review on it. In the review he said with the mini you can vape at a higher wattage without a burnt taste or dry hits like the regular full size tank. I have the full size aspire nautilus it works really great on a new coil, then performance seems to dwindle down. Also with the full size flavor is good but as compared to a rba, is lacking in my opinion. Also the coils are pretty expensive. I can't imagine the mini being much different than the full size. But it has wonderful reviews. If you go to you tube you can find them. I hope this helps a little bit.

Feraloxide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2014
Buffalo, NY, USA
yea i too have the full size nautilus..and when you say rba are you talking about rebuildables? as in dripping? cause thats to much work for me lol i just want a good set it and forget it setup lol having to constantly put juice in and build coils isnt my thing :)

RBAs are tank systems but they have a build deck like an RDA. You pop your coil build in and fill up the tank. A healthy medium between clearomizers and RDAs, never actually tried one out but I don't suppose it'd be too much work.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Yeah, I saw GrimmGreen's review and he called it "Heavenly," and since I don't think he would make a ruckus over a clearomizer unless it is just amazing, I went ahead and ordered one. I love my regular Nautilus (crap coils aside, when it works it's amazing and right now I'm on a good streak) and since the new coils are interchangable, I can't resist. I was looking at the Kanger Aerotank Mega but now I'm glad I waited and ordered the Nautilus Mini.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, I saw GrimmGreen's review and he called it "Heavenly," and since I don't think he would make a ruckus over a clearomizer unless it is just amazing, I went ahead and ordered one. I love my regular Nautilus (crap coils aside, when it works it's amazing and right now I'm on a good streak) and since the new coils are interchangable, I can't resist. I was looking at the Kanger Aerotank Mega but now I'm glad I waited and ordered the Nautilus Mini.
Where did you order from?:)

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sooo another question about the original nautilus..tonight i just changed out my coil for the first time...yep..2 new coils later,still tasting black..are there known issues with these coils??

There are a lot of people having coil problems!! Burned taste is one of the most common. Great tank when it works right but definitely takes some tweeking! I have 2 that at the moment are working great! :vapor: hope it keeps up until I can try some of the new coils for the mini :2cool:

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
Yes, one of the most frequent frustrating issues with this otherwise great tank is the stinking inconsistent quality control with the Nautilus coils.

To be honest I don't run my Nautilus over 8 watts. I can, but I chain vape and I know from my own experience that pushing too much power through it will give me a burnt hit after two or three vapes. I don't attempt lung hits and I'm not inhaling for several seconds (four at most). Thankfully the sweet bakery e-liquids I use work great around 7.5 watts and so I just don't push it. I save my higher watts for the Kayfun.

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
did you prime the coil? they are tricky the original nautilus. bit of a learning curve. make sure to tighten down the coil to the base well. not over tight tho. then when screwing on the sleeve. you just want to make the seal. do not over tighten that part. and then you have to prime, or draw without putting it on the battery for maybe 10 times. maybe 15. I have found that turning the airflow off....as in turn it where there is no hole, and pull real good once will prime it for you. and then if you are using a variable W/V turn it down low and work your way up.

also need to check back to the chart. if you are using a 1.8 coil. then you do not need to turn a variable voltage mod up past 3.6 or you are going to get a burnt taste because the coil cannot handle that much power. but a 1.8 or 1.6 will heat up and vape faster. I prefer using the 1.8 with my Provari set at 3.4 I always get a good vape and my coils last like they are suppose to.

I just ordered the rebuildable coil from UK a few nights ago. because I agree the coils are pricey. and it basically gives you a tool to slide your new coil inside the coil housing and rewick with organic cotton. and they say it gives a better taste and better Vape production. we will see. if it works I am going to rebuild the 15 coils I have saved and not worry about buying coils for my nautilus tanks anymore. the kit was right at 30$. so if I do 10 coils I just evened out my money.

and on the kayfun, they are really nice. I built a 2.0 ohm single coil and when I want to change flavors, I just break the tank down, clean it, put new cotton in it, fill and vape. the flavor is unmatched by the kanger/aspire tanks. not even close. downfall is it sucks e-juice straight out the tank and into your lungs. maybe 2-3 times the e-juice consumption no kidding.

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
water a lot of it, and ginger ale. ginger ale will clear your pallet with a few drinks. its what its made for. you can also drink a bit of milk, wait a fw minutes and brush your teeth and back to the truth. I have several nautilus tanks. and I was determined to learn the tricks of these things after reading everyones issues. any and every tank you get is going to require some learning of operation in order to keep it running smooth and hitting properly all the time. I went thru about 20 coils the first few weeks, on 5 tanks mind you. now coils are lasting the way they are suppose to. 2 weeks or so.

and in a month or so, no kidding, we are all going to be switching to the nautilus mini coils. the coil build is different and a lot better. and when they become available, we will all be switching to them ins tea dog the current build. shoot. aspire might switch the coils themselves/

they have moved to perpendicular coil build so its like a mini cartomizer now. and from my understanding they are amazing. and they are backwards compatible with the regular nautilus. if you have any questions or need anything don't be afraid to pm me. most of the issues people gripe about are not bad coils or whatever. it is generally user error. people not doing something correctly and it cause an issue. and then they keep repeating the same mistake over and over again until finally they get it right. I learned that lesson a long time ago. lol appreciate you listening

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
did you prime the coil? they are tricky the original nautilus. bit of a learning curve. make sure to tighten down the coil to the base well. not over tight tho. then when screwing on the sleeve. you just want to make the seal. do not over tighten that part. and then you have to prime, or draw without putting it on the battery for maybe 10 times. maybe 15. I have found that turning the airflow off....as in turn it where there is no hole, and pull real good once will prime it for you. and then if you are using a variable W/V turn it down low and work your way up.

also need to check back to the chart. if you are using a 1.8 coil. then you do not need to turn a variable voltage mod up past 3.6 or you are going to get a burnt taste because the coil cannot handle that much power. but a 1.8 or 1.6 will heat up and vape faster. I prefer using the 1.8 with my Provari set at 3.4 I always get a good vape and my coils last like they are suppose to.

I just ordered the rebuildable coil from UK a few nights ago. because I agree the coils are pricey. and it basically gives you a tool to slide your new coil inside the coil housing and rewick with organic cotton. and they say it gives a better taste and better Vape production. we will see. if it works I am going to rebuild the 15 coils I have saved and not worry about buying coils for my nautilus tanks anymore. the kit was right at 30$. so if I do 10 coils I just evened out my money.

and on the kayfun, they are really nice. I built a 2.0 ohm single coil and when I want to change flavors, I just break the tank down, clean it, put new cotton in it, fill and vape. the flavor is unmatched by the kanger/aspire tanks. not even close. downfall is it sucks e-juice straight out the tank and into your lungs. maybe 2-3 times the e-juice consumption no kidding.

Great advice on tweeking the nautilus! The other thing that seems to help also is not over tightening the tank to the Provari. Seems the spring when it is compressed to tightly into the coil has a detrimental effect. I tighten till I feel minimal resistance and back it off a touch. :vapor:

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Great advice on tweeking the nautilus! The other thing that seems to help also is not over tightening the tank to the Provari. Seems the spring when it is compressed to tightly into the coil has a detrimental effect. I tighten till I feel minimal resistance and back it off a touch. :vapor:

Yup. That goes for any tank tho. You only want to tighten any tank just right enough to make a connection. That should be in the vapor handbook. I really think every style of set up should come with tutorials. Because I know I wasted money tearing stuff up from simply not knowing. Lol. Thank you for that. Knew I was missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
currently the only 2 places that seem to have them are vipervapor...and the aspire website..but from looking at teh aspire website they are an international company,and shipping to US is sort of expensive..vipervapor says to expect no sooner than july 15th for them to be back in stock

Well I just did something I don't normally do. I paid full price and ordered from a manufacturers website. I probably paid $15 more than waiting on viper vape to maybe have them on the 15th. But that includes the international shipping. :facepalm: I'm an impatient idiot! :D Also have the glass tank with metal cover and extra coils coming so I'm hoping they work as advertised !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread