Nautilus Replacement Coil Head 1.6 or 1.8ohm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I finally broke down and bought some new heads for my Nautilus when the BVC heads hit the local B&M. I bought 1.8 ohm because I tend to vape lower voltages on the Nautilus due to the warmth of the vapor. The BVC hits really well, maybe better than the original coils when the quality was excellent. Time will tell, but everyone is saying that they are getting more than a week, sometimes two before the flavor falls off.

It's funny how coil wicking efficiency determines the voltage you vape at. Sometimes, I vape my Kayfun with the same 1.6 ohm coil at 3.4v. Other times when I change the wick I can vape at 3.7v because that particular wick is better at keeping the juice in the coil without gurgling. Seems like the sweet spot is not always easy to get. Wick length, snugness in the coil, whether it's twisted or not, and how the ends are arranged in the juice channel area all make a difference.

I'm amazed when I get a box of Kanger or Aspire heads and all 5 are excellent. There's frequently some variance from head to head.

This is what I bought.
I bought mine directly through ProVape but I found them at VapororWare for $9.99 IMG_4186.jpg
http://www.vaporwarestore.com/product-p/nautilus-coils.htm

Rancor0681

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
Belle Rive, Illinois, United States

likwidkool

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Jersey City, NJ USA
This is what I bought.
I bought mine directly through ProVape but I found them at VapororWare for $9.99 View attachment 363205
http://www.vaporwarestore.com/product-p/nautilus-coils.htm
AFAIK those are bdc heads not bvc. Bvc have a sticker on them.
uhepy4at.jpg

Also I'd have to say the 1.8ohm perform better. I have packs of both and with the bdc I almost always used 1.6. But the 1.6bvc read at 1.8ohm on my MVP and the 1.8 read 1.9. Also the 1.6ohm would fluctuate way more then the 1.8. Lastly the 1.8 just seem to work better. Less flooding or gurgling.

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I been using the new BVC coils since they came out...I have the 1.8. I went 2 weeks on a single coil....still had great flavor and performed quite well. The best got to me and I wanted to see how well they clean up so I took it out and soaked it in Everclear....it came out like brand new.

Even tho these BVC coils are more expensive it's certainly worth it in the long run ( bdc coils I was only getting a few days worth out of them ).

Using a 1.8 BVC I'm now vaping it at 11 watts or 4.5 volts ( depends which APV/Mod I'm using ).....the taste is fantastic.

You can Google Aspire Nautilus BVC Coils and many vendors now have them in stock.

Good Luck to You....Happy Vaping!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread