Need a little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaniLee

Aug 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hi all, I have previously posted here telling my story and have ask a few people some questions in private messages. My question tonight is... can someone please give me a list of companies/ suppliers that sell completely sealed manual batteries for a KR808 d1? The only one I could verifiy in pictures was the ones from bloog. I have ordered one from V4L and it is not completely sealed. Thanks in advance for any help.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
Actually the v4L manuals are sealed they just don"t look like they are.
The bottom of the little hole in the middle of the post is blocked.
I've been using them for quite a while and have had no problems with juice getting in them if that is what you are worried about.
I can be pretty sloppy and over fill them when in a hurry all I've needed to do when that happens is dab the excess with a paper towel and all is well.
Also I've dunked the carto end in a cap of rubbing alcohol to clean them and had no problems.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
BTW the benefits of the V4L battery (besides looking like the hole indeed is blocked off inside) are the easier to press button and the long safety cutoff. You can take a 10 second drag on a V4L before it cuts off. The other style (Volt, Bloog, G6) has a 5 second cutoff which is a bit too short for manuals since with manuals you want to press the button in 1-2 seconds before you start your drag (so good vapor is ready when you start). That only leaves 3 seconds for your drag.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I said the current V4L manuals appear to be sealed. Appearances can be deceiving but if you shine a flashlight into the hole it should look sort of blocked inside. I have not killed gold-button manual yet. At some point you should get a 3rd battery anyway and it's always good to remove the carto from the battery when adding liquid. Try some of the Volt or Bloog cartos too - bit of a different feel - more vapor, and a bit less heat/hit. (I tried the Bloog ones and supposedly the Volt ones are now the same ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread