N00b afraid of branching out and on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

illillillillilli

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2011
Cabot, Arkansas, United States
Ok, so I'm using the bloog brand batteries and cartos. I need more blank cartos. I use madvapes juice. Is there a comparable brand of Kr808D-1 cartos out there for less of the cost bloogs? I'm just not too crazy about shipping costs of Bloog. Will any kr808d-1 carto work with my bloog? I thought about the smokeless image Volt ones. I'm just afraid to switch and realize it's not as good and have to buy new ones. Should I stay with what I got and wait for a more forgiving paycheck to experiment? Opinions are needed and greatly appreciated.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Try Smokeless Image Volt - and as always I recommend MANUAL batteries. Only some of their colors are available in manual. They are exactly the same kind of KR808D-1 as Bloog uses. I got a battery there yesterday (a pretty Raspberry color manual). You already have autos. Try manuals. Most people here use and recommend manuals. Manuals are much less likely to be damaged or killed by juice leaks. Manuals won't turn on accidentally from wind or vibration. And in general manuals make it easier to get a good hit because you can press the button is a couple of seconds before you start your drag so there is already good vapor there when you start dragging.

Their batteries are $13-14 and they may still be having 23% off with the code heatwave

Scroll down for batteries
http://smokelessimage.com/accessories.html

Oh duh I thought you were asking about batteries. They have prefilled and blank cartos too and the price is great with the 23% discount.

I also recommend you sign up at Vapor4Life.com (lower left front page) to receive their sale emails - they are also KR808D-1 and have lots of prefilled cartos (though I think many of their fruit flavors are overdone). I love their WOWbacco and WOW Vanilla as well as their hot WOW blank cartos. I will check my email to see if they are having a sale now. YES - 24 hours sale at Vapor4Life ends 11:59 CT 7/21 - 26% off, no order minimum, code is Flash26

Notes - Vapor4Life shipping is higher than SmokelessImage. I have happily used Vapor4Life blank cartos for many months. I stock up on blanks and my fave juices there when they have sales. Nice soft caps with a defined center air channel and no inner seals - the way I like cartos. I have not yet tried Smokeless Image cartos but I ordered some blanks to try. I have not tried Bloog cartos. I heard Smokeless Image would start using the same cartos and juices as Bloog (may have already happened). Vapor4Life's stuff is different - not the same juices.

You can use any real KR808D-1 cartos down to about 2.5ohms. I think anything lower than that is meant for fat battery 901/KR808D-1 threaded models and mods (like Riva 901, PigCig, Elegant Easy - things with 450mah+ batteries). By real I mean the center post of the carto has a recessed channel cut across it for airflow. I don't like some off brands that are not cut like that - they get less air.

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I need more blank cartos. Opinions are needed and greatly appreciated.

THE ABOVE EDITED - just to bring clarity to your question about "cartos". . .

Just my :2c: . . . From what I understand - and as a newbie myself - learned so far is that most "cartos" for the KR808 are the same except for size and how much "juice" they hold (Now, if I am wrong :facepalm: - and I might be :oops: - I'm sure someone will undoubtedly correct me :thumb: ) . . .

So right now it is up to you which ones you get . . .

Recently I found the "cartos," both pre-filled and un-filled at Smokeless Image for a reasonable - and depending on how many you buy - price. Also, on top of that price - they are having a great sale at their website with 23% off - as "dorouse" has mentioned - order and enter the code "Heatwave" when you check out . . . You can find them here:
Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Refill Cartridges

In addition, Halo (who happens to have GREAT customer Service :thumb:) offers these same "cartos" and they come 5 in a "case" (small plastic easy to carry around w/you :2cool:) for a little more money - however if you buy 5 or more they will provide you a discount similar to Smokeless Image - just not the sale . . . they can be find here:
G6 Cartomizers - G6 E-Cig

Hope this information helps . . . :D

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Any blank cartos will work. Ikenvape has good cartos for a KR808, so does V4L. Shop price. I don't use a KR808 buy my Mom has one and I just got her some volt cartos to try. I didn't and she didn't think they were better than the V4L cartos. I did get her some no-name cartos on sale some place. The draw was a little harder but not a bad vape with them either.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
If you're on a restricted budget, I suggest you look into:

A) DIY e-juice and filling your own cartos, or dripping is even more efficient.
B) A simple 3.7 volt mod. Like an e-power, or build a nico-stick for $8.00 if you can solder a few connections or know someone willing to try. + batteries and charger.

Cartos waste juice IMO, but if you use them, fill em yourself. The rest of the advice above is not necessary to repeat here.

And yes, classy is a sweety that actually reads 3 pages back.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
BTW - I find these L-Rider 2.5ohm KR808D-1 blank cartos are decent. I left a review on them there. And Madvapes shipping is pretty cheap. They only have the white but you might find the black elsewhere on the web. You could try a pack. I am using thin juices that leave very little residue. I probably should have given them 4 stars - they aren't perfect - but I wanted to help average out the undeserved awful review someone else gave them.
White 808-D Cartomizer

I use white cartos for my vanilla mix so I was glad to find them as a slightly cheaper alternative (especially less shipping cost) vs the Vapor4Life WOW white blanks I usually use.

BTW - In my opinion, the way to cut costs is to fill your own cartos or keep your prefills damp with juices that will give you the best carto performance the longest. And the way to make refilled cartos safer for the battery is to use manual batteries (which also make it easier to get a hit out of a carto that has degraded a bit). I can get 2 weeks or more use out of a pair of cartos. Juice - you find juices you like that work well in cartos (I think 20% or less VG blends of light clear juices) and buy bigger bottles when they are on sale. Or start trying DIY.

Last edited:

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
I haven't tried every carto here but I'm A HUGE fan of Bloog cartos for my 808d. The V4L wow cartos burn my lips when I vape too much and the cool cartos didn't event screw into my 808d right and I'm NOT gonna support a product that you have to watch videos and play with to use. My advice: try other cartos in small batches 'cause they may not work as well as the Bloog. The Bloog shipping cost does suck though... It really needs to be pro-rated a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread