Need a new tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapn pixi

Jan 28, 2013
colorado
Ok, I've posted about the tank I just got that wasn't working.(tx tuff tank) I ordered new cartomizers for it and now it's leaking from the bottom and can barely get any vapor from it.. I have lost count how many times I've taken it apart cleaned it reassembled it etc..:-x needless to say ALOT lol(ordered 3 new cartos for it have used 2 thinking that was the prob maybe a bad carto nope still leaking and barely producing any vape looking like a fish out of water trying to get what lil vape it will produce:glug:~ I also tried the take the screw out and see if it releases pressure- didn't help~ anyways I'm ready to throw it out... :unsure:was looking for something that's similar but maybe something thats more useful and hopefully a vendor that stands behind it and willing to help if something is wrong with it.:vapor:
So I was trying to find as much as I can on the up coming tanks and past tanks that are fail proof and work really good
Gun Metal Artemas Slim Locking 510 DCT, Clear
any thoughts or users of this?:?: They also have a lil thread cover that controls air control~eGo Battery Airflow Controller may help with my airy intake I've always seem to find with tanks that I've used so far.
I have used tanks with wicks and that didn't go so well. this was my first carto tank and was loving it til it started to gum up and leaving lil black flakes in my juice but now it's not working like it did when i first got it and its starting to turn into a headache.:cry: Starting to seem like this just isn't worth the hassel or my money. I'm using an atomizer now that takes 3 drops when it dries which is contant dropping for me when I vape. I've sone just cartomizers, but I usually have bad luck with them and seems like for every 5 i get 2 are bad, and I always feel like as much liquid it takes to put in them that I'm just wasting juice, not to mention the ones that are bad and get pumped full of juice then to find out it doesn't work.. Would love to hear of any good/bad stories to go with what would be an ideal product for me:w00t: Any other tanks and thoughts are more than welcome! :thumbs: Thanks for reading my rant :pervy:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Can't speak to the TxTuff, but the Artemas is a solid low end tank. (Although I wish they had something in between sizes... the slim looks great on a tube, but could hold just a bit more... :)

Uh, you say "leaving lil black flakes in my juice"... Not sure where they're coming from... are you using tank replacement cartos? They're silver / steel colored, not coated black like others. If you're using the black cartos, then the juice might be dissolving the paint. Not a good thing to vape!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It sounds to me as if you're not first filling your cartomizers fully. This is VERY important and will determine the quality of the vape and the longevity of the cartomizers. They MUST be fully saturated. After filling try to "thermometer shake" the carto with the condom on shaking to get the juice down to the bottom/ battery end of the carto- After doing this drip more drops into the carto and thermometer shake again. I am certain the problem is the carto filler is dry at the bottom. Buying another tank will not resolve this issue IMO. As for the leaking if the cartos is not fully saturated there's an imbalance of pressure regardless of removing the screw to release pressure.

Last edited:

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
I've got 4 Smoktech DCT tanks and haven't had any problems with any of them. I'm currently using the Smoktech replacement cartridges too, and out of 4 boxes, I've only gotten two bad ones. With my eGo 900 & twists, I've been running 1.5 dual coil carts, but since I got my provari, I'm going to have to get some 3.0 single coils, AS SOON AS THE CHINESE NEW YEAR SHORTAGE ENDS AND ANYONE HAS THEM IN STOCK!!!!!:-x

dchest02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Muskegon, MI

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I really does sound like the problem is more with the cartomizer than with the tank. Could be you aren't priming the carto correctly. It took awhile for me to finally figure out how to do it "right"...and while I still get an average of 1 to 2 dud or short-lived cartos in a box...I'll also get a couple in the same box that don't ever seem to want to die. So it averages out, imho.

As for tanks...I have never really gotten a "bad" one. I've used the Smoktech DCT type ones (with single coil cartos) and the Artemas UDCT type, Boge F-16s, and the Triple V type. All work. I've discovered I do not like delrin end caps, and now always use metal ones...but other than that, they all work fine. It's true some of the aluminum capped lower end tanks tend to slip and slide a bit...but they work, don't leak and they are nice when you want a light tank and don't have to pocket or carry the device around where it might slip askew.

My latest tank is the AGR from DV (and Steam Monkey). It's got a lot of nice features...but you do NOT use a flanged carto (I've heard the quality with the flanged ones...even Boge...is iffy and not as good as non-flanged not-pre-punched ones anyway. I don't use 'em, but prefer to use non-flanged and punch my own). It has a "locking" gismo and a fill hole at the top and the end caps screw on. Easy to take off and on. So far I am finding that the tank feeds juice very well. There are no leaks, and the tank will NOT slip, and generally it just works. I haven't seen any AGR tanks in the slim style yet. But it does come with 2 different sized tubes...for standard as well as XL cartomizers. Just a thought.

Generally..if something goes wrong with my vape in a carto tank...it's the carto that is messed up (or operator error). Not the tank. Every tank I've tried has worked fine and still does. Some are over a year old.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread