Need Advice on VV, Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythus2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
San Diego, CA
I think I'm still considered a newb (don't know exactly when the change is made)...4 glorious weeks and counting. I want to jump into VV. Been reading fab reviews about ProVari and thinking about picking up a mini next week.
My question is, with the dollar investment required, is the ProVari Mini to a Newb like:

A Ferrari to a 16 year old,
youth on the young,
Boy George knowing Victoria's Secret...

Ya know, wasted...

Thanks for your thoughts!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I use a different vendor for VV, but the Provari is well known as a top end VV, excellent product. It wouldn't be wasted by any means, you're just skipping right to higher power vaping. Not everyone needs or wants them, but if you think you might, there's no reason not to go for it if you can afford it.

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
if you have been vaping for a month, and are sure you are going to stick with it, and have the budget available, there is no reason not to go to one of the better mods out there. Purchacing a MV Boxmod or Lavatube (the entry level box and tube VV mods) will only lead you to upgrading in a couple of months when you want something better.

The 2 most popular VV tube mods out there are the Provari and either the IPro or Buzz Pro from Notcigs.

Both of those will set you back over $100 and as much as $200 depending on what options you go with.
the main difference is Pushbutton with display vs analog wheel.
Both have a large cult following, a proven track record of reliability, and backed with great customer service.

You can't go wrong with either one, check out some youtube reviews and enjoy the research (that was half the fun for me, before I picked the one that suited my personal preferences)

I wouldn't consider it like a Ferrari to a 16 year old, because the thought of that is ridiculous, and only works for less than .1% of the population I would consider it a great, safe, reliable NEW car for a 16 year old, which works for a lot of families.

Last edited:

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Well after only 4 weeks I am not sure if you will stay with it or not so I would say maybe wait but if you can't you can't go wrong with a provari that is for sure . It is a solid mod I consider it to be a Ferrari or maybe more like a BMW or other luxury automobile . Order it with the extended end cap , a couple of extra batteries and a 510 to ego adapter . If your going high end maybe spring for the Pila 4 Stage Charger as well, although they are sold out at the moment .

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
First off, if you are considering a variable voltage device...PLEASE get away from LR dual coils, if you are using them. LR attys and cartos are made for low voltage devices to simulate high voltage. Go with 3.0 ohms.

Second, if you can afford a Provari, by all means get it, as it is one of the most durable mods out, and quality is top notch. If price is a concern, there are other devices that will do. Ask yourself if you want to stack batteries (buck system) or use a single battery (boost)for your variable voltage.

I love my Provari, but I also love my Buzz Pro, LavaTube, mini LavaTube, AlumiMod, etc.,

The Provari and LavaTube's use a single battery (boost) while the others use stacked batteries (buck).

Hope this helps.

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
The price of the Provari is what I would be spending every two weeks if I still bought cigarettes.

Get the best you can afford.

If you can't afford it get a cheaper VV but if you can afford it, give yourself a reward for your new life change.

I agree...if you can afford it, you will not regret the Provari.

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
so lavatube vs. provari... 1/2 the cost is it worth it??

The Provari is a much better constructed device, that you will not regret...if you can afford. The Lavatube is a good mod for its cheaper price. I prefer my Provari, by far to the Lavatube. But I still vape my Lavatube too.

If you can afford it, I recommend the Provari over the Lavatube. I received the 18650 extension, but don't use it, I think the size of the Provari is perfect as is, and the battery lasts a good day of all day vaping.

There is no comparison in quality, and solid build between the two.

If you decide on a Lavatube, there are many other suppliers that are now selling at discounted prices:

Variable Voltage Mini Tube Mod
MINI-VZ VV Tube
Lavatube/Knight Rider MINI
MINI CYLON VV MOD

Last edited:

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, United States
if you have been vaping for a month, and are sure you are going to stick with it, and have the budget available, there is no reason not to go to one of the better mods out there. Purchacing a MV Boxmod or Lavatube (the entry level box and tube VV mods) will only lead you to upgrading in a couple of months when you want something better.

I have to agree. I bought a Lavatube last month, but just got a Provari V2. It's more accurate, has more features that I actually use (like checking the actually resistance of whatever is on the end of it), and is built like a brick as far as I can tell. Of course, the money is the big thing though.

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
If fashion is a consideration, see my new SaberTouch VV. It costs as much as a Provari, is a little harder to set the voltage, but is less tool-like and comes in a wide array of colors and accents.

RPV_0040.jpg RPV_0041.jpg

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
I just went through the countless nights of vv research. My final decision boiled down to between the Darwin or Provari. The Darwin was out of stock so I went with the Provari. I'm very happy with the Provari and now planning on getting the Darwin in the near future. Just because I like the dial for adjusting the volts and I can hammer nails with it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread