Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hi, just got my new subox mini, but i found that it's very hard to open, i can't open it right now, any advice will help. Thank you..
Are you talking about the mod or the tank?

If you are talking about the battery portion there are magnets on both ends top and bottom of the plate you remove to insert the batteries. You could also try to slide it down, sometimes that works. If that doesn't work try rocking the door or sliding a fingernail where you see the slit between the door and the mod.

If you are talking about the tank. Paper towel to hold the tank while twisting the bottom(to change coils or to fill). Also if you have a hand held type of mat that holds a jar while opening may help also. Just be patient with it. You could also try to loosen while running it under hot water (tank only) to see if that will help

:)

Last edited:

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Assuming it is the tank you are having a problem with, first don't use pliers. They work but one of my tanks still bear the marks. There are some cute ceramic tweezers that come with a rounded back end made to fit around the tank sort of like a oil filter removal tool works. two of them will usually open any tank without damaging it. Over tightening tanks dosen't help them seal any better and really there is nothing I'm aware of that has to be tightened beyond finger tight.
In the meantime if it still won't open then try putting it in your freezer for a while. When you take it out then expose the female part of the connection to heat, your hand, a warm wet towel, anything and then try to get it to loosen.
Keep trying it'll come.

Reactions: Raven_Claws
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread