Need advice! Vamo or Innokin MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiffany Smeggin Peak

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2012
Wilton IA USA
i have both, plus i have a kts mechanical that i bought from fasttech.
i love them all. I drip my juices, so when it comes to evods and stuff like that i can't add any insight.
i can say that I thought that I broke my mvp, i threw it hard on the ground, and I am using it as i am typing, so it is tough and the battery life is great, the vamo is what i use to read ohms which is wonderful once you decide to go to RBAs

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Having 2 iclear16s with the kit is great, because the MVP kit that comes with an iclear30... it's just one iclear30. Most people have more than one favorite juice :)

Just grab some replacement coils. That's always handy to have around.

I love my iclears. I picked up 1 iclear30 to go with my 2 iclear16s, plus extra coils for both. After 2 months, I'm still one one of my first iclear16 coils. They rinse off well, and are easy to dry burn if needed.

What I love most is the warmth and draw -- when using tobacco juices, especially NETs, it feels just like smoking an analog. Still enjoy that [sensation/feeling/nostalgia].

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The referenced site says CE5, which is similar to the Iclear 16. (I think the Iclear is a dual coil, which should provide more vapor at the cost of more juice.)

But you can put any 510 or ego threaded top end you have on the MVP. I use CE5s, Evods, Protanks, T3, carto tanks, Novas, uh, did I miss any?

I primarily use the top coil devices for darker juices - they seem to take longer to gunk up. But I like the bottom coils for everything else, preferring the slightly cooler vape. Just a matter of taste. Each device has its pros and cons, and oddities. Just a question of learning how to deal with them.

Yes, $65 is pretty decent, and worth it for the faster delivery.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Having 2 iclear16s with the kit is great, because the MVP kit that comes with an iclear30... it's just one iclear30. Most people have more than one favorite juice :)

Just grab some replacement coils. That's always handy to have around.

I love my iclears. I picked up 1 iclear30 to go with my 2 iclear16s, plus extra coils for both. After 2 months, I'm still one one of my first iclear16 coils. They rinse off well, and are easy to dry burn if needed.

What I love most is the warmth and draw -- when using tobacco juices, especially NETs, it feels just like smoking an analog. Still enjoy that [sensation/feeling/nostalgia].

Oh, very good. :) I like to keep at least 2 flavors loaded up at all times myself, so this sounds perfect. I will likely order a couple of the 30s later on since they are highly recommended, but I did go ahead and order the kit from iVape, which comes with two 16's. (They didn't have an option for the 30's.)

I just wanted to say that you guys have been completely awesome. Thank you all so much for your input. I should have my kit in a few days and I feel totally confident that I made the right choice. You all rock! *group hug* ;)

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Yes, $65 is pretty decent, and worth it for the faster delivery.

With the coupon code it was only $55! :) Apparently, Innokin is pretty dictatorial with their required listed prices, so a lot of sites are getting around that by offering really great coupons.

And free shipping! iVape will definitely get more business from me. :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Awww....

But only 2 flavors? Let me see... two T3s, 3 Evods, 2 protanks, 5 CE5s, 4 carto tanks.... all with different flavors...

I have a lot of local B&Ms, and like to give them a few $$ now and then (as long as they're within reason, of course!), and juice is an easy way to feed the kitty. Besides, I do like to change up during the day. Rich and robust flavors in the AM, after dinner and desert vapes... and it's a lot easier to do with a lot of toppers!

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Haha Baby steps! Hubby will disown me if I don't slow down on this. (I went back to vaping to save money, cause cigs are just ridiculous anymore!) So far I haven't really saved anything because I keep buying stuff. :laugh:

I do have 3 Evods, so this order will bring my clearomizer total to 5. That's *almost* one for every juice I've got so far. ;)

I wish I had a B&M closer. When I say "local" B&M, I mean around 70 miles. I live in the boonies. I was willing to make the drive for the device, but for juices it's much cheaper to have them shipped. (Doesn't mean I can't order from my "local" B&M's and have them ship stuff to me, though. :)) I am a firm believer in supporting local businesses, myself. In fact, I buy virtually all my meat/eggs/veggies from my local farmer's market.

But I digress....I agree with you. If a vape shop opened closer to me I'd probably live there, if the prices were reasonable.

GPSTrucker

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
On the road
I own both, and both are great. Love the ohmmeter in the Vamo. Can't go wrong either way.

As I drive a truck for a living I love the fact that the MVP charges via USB the same as my cell phones. Charging 18650 batteries, as used in the Vamo and some others, can be a pain if the ac power source in my truck isn't working.

Of the two, I tend to use the Vamo more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread