Need an alternative to LiquidXpress Honey Flue Cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

caughtus

Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Tucker, GA
Update!!!

Here is the current situation on the Honey Flue Cured.

After the switch over to our new lab, the HFC underwent a flavor change and we have since tossed those batches, the most current problem we have run into is that the HFC used on our most recent batch was a VG based flavoring vs a PG based. Even though the liquid was all PG. This is causing the liquid to gunk up in cartomziers within a day or two of use. We are diligently working to fix the issue and will be letting everyone know via email and posting when it is finished. We believe we have the solution figured out and we have an order on the way to confirm it. The order should arrive in a couple of weeks and we will be sending out samples to people like yourself to confirm both to us and to our customers that the issue is resolved.

I am sorry for the delay in replying I have been working with the chemists to recreate the problems and then figure out exactly what the cause was.

We take every notification from our clients seriously but hate to offer just blanket statements or cover things up. We believe in being open and honest and want to give a very specific reason for the issue and a specific resolution to it.

v/r

Rob

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Well, I received my "new" Honey Flue Cured today and all I can say is:

Let us all bow our heads and have a moment of silence for the best juice ever which, sadly, is no longer :nun:

While the juice is quite similar it is WAY TOO SWEET - I get a big sugary aftertaste on the exhale and the awesome throat hit is gone.

I may try and buy some of their straight tobacco and cut it but I can't say at this point if I will be re-ordering again.

On a brighter note: the gunking up of the cartos/atties issue is definitely solved.

Thanks caughtus for keeping on top of this and keeping us updated.

Last edited:

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
I agree with yanks that it is above average sweet, so naturally one thinks of mixing it with something else.

I had some DIY 60pg/40vg unflavored niquid from vapingzone that I had added 11 drops/10ml of Alcohol-based HFC (also from vapingzone).

Knowing I couldn't just vape the liquidxpress HFC by itself, I pulled the trigger and just mixed the whole 10ml of liquidxpress HFC with 10ml of my DIY vapingzone HFC. Now, if Backwoods Brew restocks their HF I'm definitely going back to that one, but in the meantime this new mix I just concocted is pretty friggin' good. The VZ HFC is stronger on the tobacco than it is on the honey, so it's pretty much the polar opposite of the new liquidxpress flavor, making a pretty balanced mix. I suggest trying 10 flavoring drops/10ml DIY unflavored liquid first to see if that's enough for your taste. You can always add afterwards.

FYI the vapingzone DIY HFC had been steeping for almost 2 weeks after mixing, so that may make a pretty noticeable difference if you decide to try it. I hope you guys find something to fill your void though. Good luck!

Last edited:

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Thanks For The Tip, Ahreekeeteekee - the more I think about it the more I think I'm going to order Liquidxpress' plain tobacco and try a mix because the flavor is definitely there - it is just too sweet of a flavor but it is growing on me a bit and now that its had time to sit in my carto a bit I am getting the old throat hit.

I also think at some point Rob may mess with it again because here are 3 people who got the new HFC and all of us think it is too sweet.

I guess now that I've had time to process I'm going with the whole even bad pizza is good pizza analogy: at this point even bad HFC is good HFC.

I used to vape HFC exclusively - I guess now I won't be doing that as I really like the Halo Tribeca I've already mentioned.

caughtus

Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Tucker, GA
Now, if Backwoods Brew restocks their HF I'm definitely going back to that one, but in the meantime this new mix I just concocted is pretty friggin' good.

Notice that Backwoods hasn't had their HFC in stock since Liquid Xpress' started going bad. My guess is that they got it from the same lab. Please let us know if you see Backwoods put it back up. I will give it a try.

acezzz

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009

I have a story about HFC juice. When I first begin vaping back in Sep 09, I was lucky enough to come across a vendor of juice called Liquid Xpress. At first because every juice I had tried up until that point made me want to go back to analogs so bad. Then I got HFC. I thought maybe it was a dream when i took that first vape. How could this be sooooo goood when every other juice I had tried was so bad? I thought surely the people that made this must be some kind of geniuses. And they were. Shortly after that I recieved an order of what was suppose to be my beloved HFC, but something was different. And it was a very good different. At first I was told by the vendor that it was a factory mixup and some berry flavor had gotten into the HFC. Berry Tobacco was born. Thankfully they realized this awesome juice and begin producing it. Since then I have never looked back. I could have vaped this delicious juice until the day I died. But then something happened recently. I put in my regular order of Berry Tobacco but what I got was no where close to my beloved juice. The only way I can desribe the flavor of this new version is juicy fruit gum. Not even close to my Berry Tobacco. I am so sad. Now I must forge ahead into the unknown to find a replacement for my cherished nectar. I was told the vendors flavor supplier has gone out of business. That is really too bad because they had a gold mine. Berry Tobacco R.I.P. I will truly miss you.

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
Yeah it's too bad consistency is still such an issue with these flavors in many cases. We need more juice vendors to adopt the häagen-dazs business model; I haven't been able to not eat a whole pint of their strawberry every time I buy one for as long as I can remember. Talk about the perfect flavor. Here's to the future: häagen-Dazs HFC.

caughtus

Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Tucker, GA
I just ordered some Beez Neez from AVE. I tried a Beez Neez from a different vendor a while back. I liked it, but the people that worked with me thought it smelled like cat pee. I also just ordered some more Applewood and Malty from Backwoods, Bobbas Bounty and I'm giving Kryptonite from Goode Juice a try.
With all this experimenting, I've come to find out that I don't like anything with coffee, chocolate or nut flavors. I'm starting to like fruit flavors a little more. And I love liquor flavors, like rum and bourbon.

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
I just ordered some Beez Neez from AVE. I tried a Beez Neez from a different vendor a while back. I liked it, but the people that worked with me thought it smelled like cat pee. I also just ordered some more Applewood and Malty from Backwoods, Bobbas Bounty and I'm giving Kryptonite from Goode Juice a try.
With all this experimenting, I've come to find out that I don't like anything with coffee, chocolate or nut flavors. I'm starting to like fruit flavors a little more. And I love liquor flavors, like rum and bourbon.

its got a real whallop of honey upfront, i'm curious as to how you like it. i keep going back to mine when i want a real honey blast, i used mine the day i got it and then let it steep. its fairly ready to go though when you get it.

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
I just got my Beez Neez from ave today after reading it here. It is tasty. I think I know which other Beez Neez you speak of and I definitely recall the smell. Unfortunately, this one is not much different. Most flavors with honey will smell like pee.

dude!!! thats a buzz kill

its not a piss smell although its not my families fav juice for me to vape lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread